The first steps are the most important thing in both an adult’s and baby’s life. Whether you’re a little one learning to walk or you’re an adult struggling with life challenges at the moment, these baby first steps quotes will motivate you to keep moving!
These inspiring quotes will remind you of the fact that life is a process. It’s a series of small steps that lead you to huge achievements.
Learning to talk, crawl, walk, and do all the other things for the first time are amazing, heartwarming milestones in every baby’s life that are worthy of celebrating! Indeed, everything starts with the first step.
Before babies learn to run, they need to learn to walk. Before grownups decide to achieve goals, they need to take baby steps first.
Baby steps count as long as you’re getting closer to reaching your destination. Every step brings new hope, a new perspective, and makes us stronger. It teaches us valuable life lessons.
These motivational walking baby first steps quotes will inspire you, your family, and your friends to keep working hard, keep hoping, and keep walking – no matter what!
Motivational Baby First Steps Quotes
1. “Each step you take reveals a new horizon. You have taken the first step today. Now, I challenge you to take another.” – Dan Poynter
2. “I can only imagine where your tiny feet will go in their lifetime. My only hope is that they never forget the way home.” – Candice G.
3. “The first steps will take some effort, maybe pain. But after that, everything that has to be done is real-life movement.” – Ben Stein
4. “I’ve learned it’s the important little baby steps, which teach us how to grow. Moving up just one small notch will help us more than we know.” – Tom Baker
5. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a simple step.” – Chinese proverb
6. “Little by little does the trick.” – Aesop
7. “There’s nobody as brave as a baby taking his/her first non-stop 5 steps alone from Mummy’s hand to daddy’s hand..trust me on that.” – Sameh Elsayed
8. “It is only the first step that is difficult.” – Marie De Vichy-Chamrond
9. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
10. “The first steps that baby takes are into your heart.” – Unknown
11. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
12. “Just a simple step forward is all it takes sweet pea. Just one single touch of the foot with the ground. Moving isn’t as difficult as you imagine.” – Kimberly Arcade
13. “Little by little, one travels far.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
14. “Baby steps count, as long as you are going forward. You add them all up, and one day you look back and you’ll be surprised at where you might get to.” – Chris Gardner
15. “You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain.” – Tom Hiddleston
16. “Big changes come from hundreds of tiny steps and they all matter.” – Unknown
17. “The staggering babies embody the deepest truth about deep practice: to get good, it’s helpful to be willing, or even enthusiastic, about being bad. Baby steps are the royal road to skill.” – Daniel Coyle
18. “Take the first step. You know you can go at least that far, and quickly discover that the next step is within your reach, and the next, and next.” – Unknown
19. “When a child learns to walk and falls down 50 times, he never thinks to himself: ‘Maybe this isn’t for me?’” – Unknown
20. “We tend to forget that baby steps still move you forward.” – Unknown
21. “Every step you take toward the top is possible because of all the little steps you took in the past. You can climb the mountain, but do it slowly, slowly.” – Dragos Bratasanu
22. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
23. “Whoever wants to reach a distant goal must take small steps.” – Saul Bellow
24. “There is no one giant step that does it. It’s a lot of little steps.” – Peter A. Cohen
25. “Do not give up. The beginning is always the hardest.” – Unknown
26. “Giant leaps are just a bunch of baby steps strung together.” – Unknown
27. “Don’t look too far in the future, don’t worry about how you’re going to have enough time or enough money or enough smarts; the “how?” is up to God. Just put your whole focus on this moment, doing this baby step at this moment; and then once you finish that one, God and the angels will give you the next assignment and so on and so forth.” – Doreen Virtue
28. “Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
29. “One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time.” – John Wanamaker
30. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
31. “To climb steep hills requires slow pace at first.” – William Shakespeare
32. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
33. “A little progress each day adds up to big results.” – Unknown
34. “When in doubt, just take the next small step.” – Paulo Coelho
35. “Life is like the rungs on a ladder. The reason they are placed so close together is that we can learn to take baby steps and reach our destinations safely.” – Tom Baker
36. “Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must, but take a step.” – Unknown
37. “Every adventure requires a first step.” – Unknown
38. “Every journey starts with that first step along with the desire to achieve something. Even if you can’t totally see it yet.” – Unknown
39. “You’ll never know what you’re capable of until you take that first step and go for it.” – Unknown
40. “When you first try something new, you may not be very good at it. Maybe, some may say, pretty bad at it. Worst case, you’re awful. So awful, it might seem like you shouldn’t even bother. But if you really want to do it, you practice, learn and after a while, you’ll get better. And you’ll keep getting better the more and more you practice. Eventually, you’ll be a pro. Just keep going.” – Doe Zantamata
41. “Small steps every day.” – Unknown
42. “Even when the road is long, baby steps will get you there every time.” – Gail Lynne Goodwin
43. “The journey of a premature baby is often one step forward and two steps back… Watch them breathe, watch them sleep and nourish them with ‘liquid gold’. When strong enough, they will take three leaps forward and never look back.” – Unknown
Inspirational Baby Steps Quotes For Parents
1. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. “I’m still in the first baby steps of my career, so I’ve got so much to learn and so much to figure out.” – Douglas Booth
3. “Life is a series of baby steps along the way and if you add up these tiny little steps you take toward your goal, whatever it is, whether it’s giving up something, a terrible addiction, or trying to work your way through an illness. When you total up those baby steps you’d be amazed over the course of 10 years, the strides you’ve taken.” – Hoda Kotb
4. “Remember to dream big, think long-term, underachieve on a daily basis, and take baby steps. That is the key to long-term success.” – Robert Kiyosaki
5. “Success is a staircase, not a doorway.” – Dottie Walters
6. “If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling back.” – Sam Waterson
7. “Walk that walk and go forward all the time. Don’t just talk that talk, walk it, and go forward. Also, the walk didn’t have to be long strides; baby steps counted too. Go forward.” – Chris Gardner
8. “A lot of people complain about yesterday. We have no power to change yesterday. But this very day, 30 years later, is what we can control and decide. Change yourself, take baby steps, and stay determined for ten years. I thank the times of change and everyone’s complaints. Because when everyone is complaining, that is your chance, an opportunity. It’s only in times of change that someone can be clear of what he has and wants, and what he needs to give up.” – Jack Ma
9. “Even baby steps can take you a long way over time. Don’t stand still.” – Unknown
10. “Pause and remember – Everyone gets discouraged and feels lost at times. Don’t worry – life will get better. A new way is being made for you. Keep moving forward even if it’s just baby steps.” – Jennifer Young
11. “The first step to getting anywhere is deciding you’re not willing to stay where you are.” – Unknown
12. “We all have blind spots – those areas for improvement and growth. As painful as it can be to admit we’re doing things we never wanted to do and saying things we never wanted to say, it is this acknowledgment that enables us to take the first step toward change. Be gentle with yourself. Be real with yourself. Take baby steps.” – Rhonda Louise Robbins
13. “Every choice you make has an end result.” – Zig Ziglar
14. “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” – Victor Kiam
15. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” – Confucius
16. “I’ve been in the shallow end of a pool, just kind of walking around, but this was my first time really swimming – and I was horrified! I actually lost it whenever I saw the edge of the pool. But I took baby steps and rewarded myself every step of the way.” – Monique Coleman
17. “The only time to take the step towards change is now. Even if they’re baby steps, start today! Consistency is important because you must make time to work on your goals. Even if there is little you can do, you must!” – Hrithik Roshan
18. “In recovering from our creative blocks, it is necessary to go gently and slowly… These are baby steps. Progress, not perfection, is what we should be asking of ourselves.” – Julia Cameron
19. “A lot of things are going to happen that you can’t necessarily control all the time, but you can control what you do after it happens. So that’s what I try to do, keep my head up, keep moving forward, stay positive, and just work hard.” – Lonzo Ball
20. “They are taking steps, but they are baby steps.” – Julius Erving
21. “Progress. Just make progress. It’s okay to have setbacks and the need for do-overs. It’s okay to draw a line in the sand and start over again – and again. Just make sure you’re moving the line forward. Move forward. Take baby steps… Then change will come. And it will be good.” – Lysa TerKeurst
22. “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi
23. “Like anyone, I like having goals to work towards. That said, I’ve also learned that you have to start with baby steps to reach your dreams, whether big or small.” – Natalya Neidhart
24. “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” – Mike Murdock
25. “To make the quickest progress, you don’t have to take huge leaps. You just have to take baby steps and keep on taking them. In Japan, they call this approach kaizen, which literally translates as ‘continual improvement.’ Using kaizen, great, and lasting success is achieved through small, consistent steps. It turns out that slow and steady is the best way to overcome your resistance to change.” – Marci Shimoff
26. “I knew it was unrealistic to think I could build an institution overnight. But if I took baby steps, eventually it would happen.” – Russell Simmons
27. “Whatever happens, I’ll just keep moving forward. Like an avalanche.” – Michelle Phan
28. “I like doing small parts, because I don’t feel I’m that practised in acting. It’s like making baby steps towards a bigger goal.” – Heidi Klum
29. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius
30. “Life is going step by step. You don’t have to stride all the time, you may take baby steps when you need to, but you must always keep moving forward.” – Unknown
31. “The way I look at it, every day that I’m moving forward is a day I’m not moving backward. Just the fact that I’m in the race at all is a miracle.” – Bobby Bones
32. “The first step to living the life you want is leaving the life you don’t want. Taking the first step forward is always the hardest. But then each step forward gets easier and easier. And each step forward gets you closer and closer until eventually, what had once been invisible starts to be visible. And what once felt impossible starts to feel possible.” – Karen Salmansohn
33. “You’re never too old to take baby steps.” Capital STEEZ
34. “Courage is finding the inner strength and bravery required when confronting danger, difficulty, or opposition. Courage is the energy current behind all great actions and the spark that ignites the initial baby steps of growth. It resides deep within each of us, ready to be accessed in those moments when you need to forge ahead or breakthrough seemingly insurmountable barriers. It is the intangible force that propels you forward on your journey.” – Cherie Carter-Scott
35. “I think that power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey, Jr.
36. “Don’t integrate anything into your wardrobe that’s going to make you feel hugely uncomfortable when you leave home. Get the comfort thing down first – baby steps.” – Leandra Medine
37. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel
38. “The pain that’s created by avoiding hard work is actually much worse than any pain created from the actual work itself. Because if you don’t begin to work on those ideas that God has blessed you with, they will become stagnant inside of you and eventually begin to eat away at you. You might seem OK on the outside, but inside you will be ill from not getting those ideas out of your heart and into the world. Stalling leads to sickness. But taking steps, even baby steps, always leads to success.” – Russell Simmons
39. “As long as you never give up, all of these baby steps will collide with greatness.” – Unknown
40. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Unknown
41. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
42. “Outrageous goals + Baby steps = Recipe for success.” – Unknown
43. “The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.” – Nathaniel Branden
44. “The important thing is to take that first step. Bravely overcoming one small fear gives you the courage to take on the next.” – Unknown
45. “Take baby steps towards action. Take tiny, wobbly, baby steps towards action. I made so much more progress in one year by doing a few small things consistently than I did in thirty years of overthinking and massive to do lists.” – Ishita Gupta
I hope these baby first steps quotes have inspired you to keep moving forward and never give up. Indeed, baby’s first steps quotes can teach us a lot about the importance of staying persistent and to keep getting up no matter how many times we fall.
When in doubt, let these baby first steps quotes give you the strength to move forward.
You can use these inspirational quotes as a caption for your adorable little one’s picture or as a powerful status on your social networks, or you can write them on a gift card. You could even send one to a friend who’s going through a tough time and may need some encouragement.
There are so many other ways in which you can use them and all you need is a creative spirit and a little bit of imagination. Dear reader, don’t leave just yet because I have a surprise for you.
As a bonus, here is the ultimate list of empowering motherhood quotes for all the mamas out there!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure for more info.