You’ve landed here because you’re in search of little girl quotes that best describe your delightful teeny princess.
You know she’s just too precious and cute for words, and now you want the whole world to know it too!
Good thing this article is bursting at the seams with whimsical quotes, inspirational quotes, father-daughter and mother-daughter love quotes, and good ol’ can-you-say-AW! baby girl quotes to cater specially to your mommy or daddy heart!
Little girls are made of sunshine, rainbows, and glitter. They have the knack of turning their daddies’ hearts all smushy and awakening moms’ innate femininity.
You probably have all sorts of nicknames for your baby girl to express your love.
With those bright eyes and pigtails, they’re able to chase away the gloomy clouds and make our days shimmer in brightness. Little girls truly do make the world a better place!
Okay, enough with the chitter-chatter – let’s get into it! Here’s a collection of the best little girl quotes just for you:
Precious Little Girl Quotes
1. “Sugar and spice and all things nice, that’s what little girls are made of.” – Traditional nursery rhyme
2. “She’s laughter and teardrops, so small and brand new, and amazingly angelic, she’s sent to bless you.” – Unknown
3. “Giggles, curls, ribbons, and bows! Our baby girl is so adorable from head to toe.” – Unknown
4. “The smiling face of every little girl is the signature of God’s presence.” – Amit Ray
5. “A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside and are always contagious, everything wonderful and precious and your love for her knows no bounds.” – Barbara Cage
6. “Angels are often disguised as daughters.” – Unknown
7. “She makes the day brighter. She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes.” – Kate Spade
8. “Little girls dance their way into your heart, whirling on the tips of angel wings, scattering gold dust and kisses in our paths.” – Unknown
9. “Little girls bring such delight with hearts so warm and smiles so bright!” – Unknown
10. “Grace was in all her steps. Heaven in her eye. In every gesture, dignity and love.” – John Milton
11. “I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft and warm. You’ve had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born.” – Tim McGraw (My Little Girl)
12. “Little girls are precious gifts, wrapped in love serene. Their dresses tied with sashes and futures tied with dreams.” – Unknown
13. “Like stardust glistening on fairies’ wings, little girls dreams are of magical things.” – Sherry Larson
14. “A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.” – Laurel Atherton
15. “Little girls are the nicest things that happen to people. They are born with a little bit of angel shine about them, and though it wears thin sometimes there is always enough left to lasso your heart.” – Alan Beck
16. “Ten tiny little fingers that always want to play, that never stop exploring the wonder of today. Ten tiny little fingers that from the very start, will reach out for tomorrow yet always hold your heart.” – Unknown
17. “Such a big miracle in such a little girl.” – Unknown
18. “There is a garden in her eyes, where roses and white lilies flow.” – Thomas Campion
19. “A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she’ll never outgrow your heart.” – Unknown
20. “When we asked for a daughter, we were sent a princess.” – Sally Huss
21. “Hold her a little longer, rock her a little more. Read her another story, you’ve only read her four. Let her sleep on your shoulder, rejoice in her happy baby smile. She is only a little girl for such a little while.” – Unknown
22. “Isn’t she lovely, isn’t she wonderful, isn’t she precious, less than one minute old… Isn’t she pretty, truly the angel’s best. Boy, I’m so happy, we have been heaven blessed. I can’t believe what God has done, through us he’s given life to one. But isn’t she lovely, made from love.” – Stevie Wonder (Isn’t She Lovely)
23. “Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins.” – Paris Hilton
24. “Her smile beams like sunshine, which fills our hearts with love.” – Unknown
25. “Get up and stop crying, my little girl. If you don’t have new clothes to wear, don’t worry, still stars are whispering about your beauty.” – M. F. Moonzajer (A Moment With God)
26. “She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes.” – Unknown
27. “A baby girl is one of the most beautiful miracles in life, one of the greatest joys we can ever know, and one of the reasons why there is a little extra sunshine, laughter, and happiness in your world today.” – Unknown
Inspirational And Empowering Little Girl Quotes
28. “What I wanted most for my daughter was that she be able to soar confidently in her own sky, whatever that may be.” – Helen Claes
29. “Somewhere behind the athlete you’ve become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back… play for her.” – Mia Hamm
30. “I hope the fathers and mothers of little girls will look at them and say, ‘Yes, women can.'” – Dilma Rousseff
31. “And though she be but little, she is fierce.” – William Shakespeare
32. “A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer.” – Unknown
33. “I want little girls to believe that they can be CEOs.” – Payal Kadakia
34. “Whatever boys can do, girls can do better.” – Journal Writing
35. “I think that young women and little girls need to see that they don’t have to be the damsel in distress. They don’t have to not show their strength. They don’t have to be whatever the stereotype is or the tropes that we go to in our minds.” – Octavia Spencer
36. “She is clothed with strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future.” – Proverbs 31:25 (NLT)
37. “In my dreams, I could be a Princess, and that’s what I was. Like most little girls, I believed nothing less than a Prince could make my dreams come true.” – Loretta Young
38. “All little girls should be told they are pretty, even if they aren’t.” – Marilyn Monroe
39. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” – Bethany Hamilton
40. “Be like a diamond precious and rare. Not like a stone found everywhere.” – Rita Gatourey
41. “Who runs the world? Girls.” – Beyoncé
42. “Be a unicorn in a field of horses.” – Unknown
43. “Little girls with dreams become women with vision.” – Unknown
44. “‘What if I fall?’ ‘Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?'” – Erin Hanson
45. “You’re a beautiful girl, and you can do anything you want in life.” – Jeanine Pirro
46. “My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to; your dreams stay big and your worries stay small; you never need to carry more than you can hold.” – Rascal Flatts (My Wish)
Witty Little Girl Quotes
47. “Daughters are like flowers… They fill the world with beauty – and sometimes attract pests.” – Unknown
48. “A girl is Innocence playing in the mud, Beauty standing on its head, and Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot.” – Alan Beck
49. “Little girls love dolls. They just don’t love doll clothes. We’ve got four thousand dolls and ain’t one of them got a stitch of clothes on.” – Jeff Foxworthy
50. “A little girl is sugar and spice and everything nice – especially when she’s taking a nap.” – Unknown
51. “Girls are giggles with freckles all over them.” – Unknown
52. “Little girls, like butterflies, need no excuse.” – Robert A. Heinlein
53. “Girl (n): Sweetness wrapped with a sprinkle of attitude.” – Unknown
54. “She is sunshine mixed with a little hurricane.” – Unknown
55. “A daughter is a treasure and a cause of sleeplessness.” – Ben Sirach
56. “When you have little girls, you’re the coolest person in the world. I know at some point that’s going to end; in their adolescence I’ll become the opposite of that, especially if I’m parked outside a high school party.” – Jerry O’Connell
57. “Little girls are cute and small only to adults. To one another they are not cute. They are life-sized.” – Margaret Atwood
Daddy’s Little Girl Quotes
I’m sure your daughter has a special bond with her dad, comes up with funny nicknames for daddy all the time, and they have tons of fun together.
Whether she’s his biological or adopted daughter or even stepdaughter, a dad is always proud of his little girl and only wants the best for her.
(Of course, the same goes for sons and stepsons but we’re only talking about girls here!)
Raising a little girl is one of the biggest responsibilities for every father and these quotes illustrate this perfectly.
58. “Fathers and daughters have a special bond. She is always daddy’s little girl.” – Richard L. Ratliff
59. “I think my mom put it best. She said, ‘Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts.'” Paul Walker
60. “My little girls are the most beautiful women in the world. I am a lucky, lucky man. I will spend every day making sure that they know this.” – Russell Simmons
61. “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” – Fanny Fern (Fresh Leaves)
62. “They say that from the instant he lays eyes on her, a father adores his daughter. Whoever she grows up to be, she is always to him that little girl in pigtails. She makes him feel like Christmas. In exchange, he makes a secret promise not to see the awkwardness of her teenage years, the mistakes she makes or the secrets she keeps.” – Unknown
63. “There’s two things I know for sure: She was sent here from heaven and she’s daddy’s little girl.” – Bob Carlisle (Butterfly Kisses)
64. “A father’s job is not to teach his daughter how to be a lady. It’s to teach her how a lady should be treated.” – Unknown
65. “And there will always be a part of me nobody else is ever gonna see but you and me. My little girl.” – Ben Folds (Gracie)
66. “A man’s daughter is his heart. Just with feet, walking out in the world.” – Mat Johnson
67. “Sometimes you’re asleep I whisper ‘I Love You!’ in the moonlight at your door. As I walk away, I hear you say, ‘Daddy, Love You More!'” – Tim McGraw (My Little Girl)
68. “When I cried, he cried with me. When I was doubtful, he believed in me. When I did well, he cheered me on. When I messed up, he told me I was wrong. Every now and then when I went against his will, he punished me, but he praised me still. He taught me how to forgive, even when I was right. He never liked war, he was never one to fight. I’ll always be a daddy’s girl, I have the best daddy in the whole wide world.” – Charmaine J. Forde
69. “There’s no better feeling than making your little girls laugh.” – Jerry O’Connell
70. “When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away.” – Hugh Jackman
71. “Dad: a daughter’s first love.” – Unknown
72. “She is just a baby, she’s my little girl. She looks like her mommy, sporting little curls. She’s got lots to learn, though she is sure to know, that I’ll quietly spot her, anywhere she goes.” – Clark Richard (Red Robin)
73. “You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You’re her oracle. You’re her hero. And then the day comes when she gets her first permanent wave and goes to her first real party, and from that day on, you’re in a constant state of panic.” – Stanley T. Banks
74. “Oh, with all that I’ve done wrong, I must have done something right, to deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night.” – Bob Carlisle (Butterfly Kisses)
75. “A little girl giggles when she is denied an ice-cream by her mother. She knows daddy will get her some later.” – Unknown
76. “A father holds his daughter’s hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever.” – Unknown
77. “There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.” – John Gregory Brown
Mommy’s Little Girl Quotes
Moms and daughters share a special bond. To this day, my mom’s contact name in my phone is a nickname I invented when I was little, and no matter how old I am, I know I’m still a little girl in my mom’s eyes.
It’s true that moms share a special connection with their kids but here I’d like to highlight the one between moms and daughters!
These quotes describe this relationship perfectly:
78. “Mother and daughter, their hearts as one. A link that can never be undone.” – Unknown
79. “…I watched a little girl surrounded by light and laughter as the fairies threaded flowers through her hair. I stood out of sight, peering through the tangled blackberry bushes, but the girl saw me, rushing forward, her hand outstretched, a white flower clasped between her fingers. ‘For Mammy,’ she said. ‘For my Mammy.’” – Hazel Gaynor (The Cottingley Secret)
80. “What the daughter does, the mother did.” – Jewish Proverb
81. “No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.” – Cardinal Mermillod
82. “A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend.” – Unknown
83. “So there’s this girl… She’s stolen every piece of my heart. I totally fell head over heels… The best part is she calls me ‘Mommy.’” – Unknown
84. “And she loved a little girl very, very much – even more than she loved herself.” – Unknown
85. “And when she wraps her hand around my finger, oh, it puts a smile in my heart. Everything becomes a little clearer, I realize what life is all about.” – Martina McBride (In My Daughter’s Eyes)
86. “Happiness is mother and daughter time.” – Unknown
87. “Today you are my little girl, yesterday you were my baby girl, tomorrow you will be my big girl. Little or big, baby or grown, you will always be Mommy’s girl.” – Unknown
88. “If you ever feel like giving up, just remember there is a little girl watching who wants to be just like you… Don’t disappoint her.” – Heather Stillufsen
89. “She is my heart, my soul, my ‘best thing that ever happened to me,’ the source of many laughs and a few tears. She is my daughter and she is my world.” – Unknown
90. “I thought about the difference between a mama’s girl and a daddy’s girl. I decided that a daughter who belongs to her daddy expects gifts, while a daughter who belongs to her mama expects a lot more. Not from her mama. From herself.” – Victoria Bond (Zora and Me)
91. “You tucked me in, turned out the light, kept me safe and sound at night. Little girls depend on things like that.” – Miley Cyrus (Butterfly Fly Away)
What better way to get our minds off life problems we’re all facing in the world today than by turning our attention to our adorable little girls who truly do believe in magic and that fairy tales can come true.
Perhaps you’ve been having the same dreams about your unborn baby and you can’t wait to meet her.
I do hope these quotes on little girl angels are just what the doctor ordered (pun intended) to cheer you up and arm you with ideas to add some sparkle to your social media, baby shower cake, scrapbooking, birthday wishes or greeting card game!
Who knows, perhaps you’ll even be inspired to write a sweet letter to your daughter.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure for more info.