Having a newborn can be completely overwhelming. There are so many baby products out there for your little one, which can leave you unsure what to choose.
Since baby skin requires the highest quality brands, that’s exactly what I’ve found for you.
When it comes to baby powder brands, you need something that will keep your baby’s skin dry and make them feel fresh and comfortable at all times.
I’ve researched the best baby powders on Amazon and carefully selected the ones that moms love best!
When changing your baby’s diaper, there are so many potential displeasures that can come with it.
Diaper rash and skin irritation are just some of them. That’s exactly what baby powders are for and I’ve narrowed them down to a list of 12 baby care products you’ll absolutely love!
Disclaimer: some of these products may contain talc (a controversial ingredient) but the majority of them are made of completely natural organic ingredients that dermatologists approve of. Talc powder is only included as a different option.
The brands you’ll find here are popular and in-demand thanks to their amazing ingredients and the trustworthy companies that made them.
If you want the best for your child, you’ll choose one of these fantastic baby products that are approved by moms around the globe.
12 Best Baby Powders For Your Infant
A baby’s sensitive skin deserves the best products, to help them stay healthy and happy.
These baby powders contain mild, gentle fragrances like chamomile and great ingredients that will soothe your baby and help them stay dry.
From Johnson & Johnson products to arrowroot powder which contains all-natural, antibacterial qualities, I’m sure you’ll find a product that fits perfectly with your baby’s needs!
So if you’re looking for soft, absorbent and hypoallergenic baby powders with a fresh scent, these will blow your mind.
They are perfect for irritated skin and will help you and your baby sleep peacefully at night.
1. Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Dusting Powder
Lately, parents have become much more aware of certain ingredients that baby powders can contain and are much more mindful of the baby products they purchase.
Burt’s Bees is a great brand for parents who want to avoid any potential harm to their children.
Keeping your baby healthy and happy is your biggest priority, so this product is ideal for your peace of mind.
Burt’s Bees baby powder contains leaf cell extract, bark powder, flower extract, and cornstarch, which are all healthy and natural ingredients – perfect for your baby’s skin!
- It’s made of naturally absorbent cornstarch (no talc) which will help your baby feel fresh and calm during the day.
- It’s also the ideal brand if you want to avoid diaper rash as it’s non-irritating and perfectly safe for a baby’s sensitive skin.
- It has a fresh scent that babies really like.
- Your baby’s skin will remain dry between baths.
- It contains no talc, which makes it appealing to a majority of parents.
- There have been a few complaints that this particular baby powder may have caused a rash on a baby’s skin.
2. Johnson’s Baby Powder With Aloe Vera And Vitamin E
You’re probably already familiar with this brand, right? That’s because Johnson’s baby powder with aloe vera and vitamin E is one of the best known and popular brands in the world!
And rightfully so. With this baby powder,your baby’s skin is soft and dry, giving you, the parents, peace of mind.
This amazing formula ensures healthy skin for your baby as the cornstarch absorbs all moisture and keeps the skin dry and safe.
As a parent, I can honestly say that Johnson’s Baby Powder is a safe choice for your little one as it’s talc-free and recommended by pediatricians.
- Provides babies with a sense of comfort as their skin remains dry throughout the day.
- No risk of diaper rash as the baby powder is super absorbent.
- Vitamin E and aloe vera provide additional comfort to your baby.
- Amazingly fresh scent considering it’s a talc-free powder.
- To make sure any rashes are successfully avoided, there’s added medicated pure cornstarch.
- Some customers have found the top of the bottle of this talc-free baby powder to be a bit too small for dispensing the required amount of powder.
3. Nature’s Baby Organic Silky Dusting Powder
This organic baby powder contains no harsh ingredients such as parabens, which ensures safety for your little one as well as clean, non-irritated skin.
Nature’s Baby Organic Silky Dusting Powder is one of the best natural products on the market at the moment.
It has zero synthetic chemicals and no chemicals from animals, which makes it a perfect choice for vegan parents.
This unscented natural baby powder is great for maintaining baby’s healthy skincare, and the fact that it’s fragrance-free is helpful for babies who have extra sensitive skin.
- Fragrance-free for those who prefer unscented baby powders.
- Ideal for vegan families as it contains no chemicals or ingredients that may come from animals.
- Highly absorbent and perfect for sensitive skin prone to diaper rash.
- Good choice for parents who are fans of anything organic as it has no synthetic chemicals.
- Gentle, soft, and soothing for even the most sensitive baby skin.
- Some users were unhappy with the texture of this baby powder.
- The container is on the small side (especially compared to all the other brands).
4. Johnson’s Baby Powder
Since this is one of the most famous brands, I felt it necessary to include another fantastic baby powder by Johnson that you should be familiar with.
This specific formula is hypoallergenic and doesn’t contain any parabens. It’s multi-purpose too, so even grown-ups can use it.
The scent is extremely nostalgic and it immediately takes you back to your younger years, which makes it perfect for use on your child so you can share this story once they can understand it.
Although this product does include talc, it has been proven to be good for baby skin without causing harm or discomfort.
- Clinically proven as a gentle product for baby’s skin.
- Protects from irritation and friction, which helps baby remain comfortable and safe.
- It has that classic scent you expect from a baby powder.
- The texture is milder and softer than the majority of other products on the market.
- Sadly for some parents, this product is not talc-free.
5. Gold Bond Cornstarch Plus Baby Powder
Through my research, I’ve come to realize that Gold Bond baby powder is one of the best choices for a child’s skin.
Most powders contain one or two unpleasant chemicals, but this one truly doesn’t, which is refreshing.
It is perfect for treating (and preventing) rashes without fear of causing harm to baby’s skin.
- Baby is clean, dry, and comfortable between baths.
- As opposed to some other brands, Gold Bond is not nearly as dusty.
- It doesn’t contain talc, but rather medicated cornstarch which greatly helps with absorbing moisture.
- Really affordable considering the size of the product.
- The strong scent of this otherwise amazing product may not be as appealing to all parents.
6. Burt’s Bees Daily Cream To Powder
This special combination of cream and powder makes for a great choice for your baby. Why?
Because Burt’s Bees already has an amazingly effective baby powder which is proven to be helpful, so combined with diaper cream, it only doubles its effect!
It’s perfect for rashes and will make busy parents on-the-go very happy and more efficient with their time.
Here’s what you get with this product.
- You don’t have to be worried that your kid will develop rashes as this product is non-irritating on the skin.
- Keeps your baby’s skin happily dry all day long.
- All-natural main ingredients that help with a rash.
- Cream to powder combination helps reduce time spent changing diapers (perfect for busy parents).
- Free from parabens and phthalates.
- A few parents have complained that this product separated and left an oily-type remnant on their baby’s skin.
7. Era Organics Talc-Free Baby Powder
This affordable, effective, and popular product is definitely a parent-favorite!
This amazing company (Era Organics) has created the perfect organic product that helps babies feel soft and unbothered all day long.
I’ve found this baby powder to be one of the best on the market, and one that both babies and parents simply adore. Let’s look at some of the main reasons why.
- Perfect for parents and infants who are allergic to (or simply not fans of) strong scents, as this one is fragrance-free.
- Ideal for babies with delicate skin who require some extra love and care when it comes to baby products.
- Organic, natural, and talc-free.
- Hypoallergenic and non-toxic ingredients.
- Some have found the bottle to be a bit too small considering the price.
8. Ora’s Amazing Herbal Baby Powder
This baby powder is definitely a product you must try.
Why, you may wonder?
Well, for starters, it’s not tested on animals, which makes it a win in my book.
Secondly, it’s proven to be one of the best natural products for babies and their sensitive skin.
Also, it’s free of parabens, fragrances, and grains, which gives you some much-needed reassurance when using this product on your baby.
It’s ideal for both your peace of mind and your baby’s comfort. And here are some other reasons why this is a must-try.
- It’s talc-free, which makes it extra appealing to parents.
- Comes in two different scents – vanilla amber and unscented.
- Contains arrowroot and plantain, which are two really great organic ingredients.
- Helps you get rid of unpleasant odor and moisture, so your baby will smell good as well as feel good at all times.
- Very good for a baby’s irritated skin, without drying it out and causing any harm to an already delicate skin.
- The only issue found with this product is the fact that the dispensing lid is not big enough for the right amount of powder a parent needs in one go.
9. California Baby Non-Talc Powder
This particular brand is made of all-natural ingredients such as moisture absorbing bentonite and kaolin clays, which in turn keep your baby dry for a long time!
There are also lots of completely organic and sustainably grown ingredients, so you can rest assured that your baby is safe and not in any harm of ingesting dangerous chemicals.
- It’s talc-free, which gives parents peace of mind when applying it to their baby.
- The incredibly soothing aromatherapy blend this product contains will help your baby fall asleep much faster.
- Contains zero harmful chemicals one may find in other products.
- Soft, gentle, and ideal for sensitive and delicate skin.
- This baby powder is a bit more expensive than some other choices on this list (with good reason though).
10. Baby Anti-Monkey Butt Diaper Rash Powder
This product is one of the highest-rated powder brands I stumbled upon on Amazon during my research.
Baby Anti-Monkey Butt Diaper Rash Powder is, as the name itself states, best for rashes and irritated skin, with ingredients such as calamine powder that work wonders for the smoothness of your baby’s skin.
- No worries about your baby ingesting dangerous chemicals, as this one’s talc-free.
- Made specifically for moisture absorption, so that your baby may feel dry and comfortable throughout the day.
- Some of the main ingredients are cornstarch and calamine powder which have a soothing effect on baby’s skin.
- Well worth your every penny.
- It has been reported by some customers that in a few instances the bottle came only half full.
11. Caldesene Medicated Protecting Powder with Zinc Oxide & Cornstarch
The Caldesene powder is excellent for treating diaper rash. It is multi-purpose as well and can be used by the whole family.
The two key ingredients are zinc oxide and cornstarch, alongside chamomile that’s known to have skin-soothing properties.
- Perfect for treating diaper rash.
- Mild scent.
- Contains chamomile and aloe vera.
- Some parents received half-empty bottles.
12. Organic Baby Powder by MADE OF
As an organic powder, the MADE OF brand doesn’t contain GMOs or artificial ingredients, and is talc-free, making it perfect for the sensitive skin of infants!
What’s more, the vitamin E and aloe vera combination ensure your baby’s skin is protected from irritation or chafing.
- No talc.
- Small bottle.
All Things Considered
When it comes to products for your baby, finding the right ones is crucial, as every infant is different and requires special care.
So as to offer something for everyone, I have researched these 12 products thoroughly to give you different options.
Here, you can find some of the best cornstarch baby powders, vegan powders that contain calendula and chamomile, and classic ones, such as Johnson’s baby powder.
It’s up to your family to decide which one fits best with its needs and how your baby responds to it.
During my research, I’ve come to realize that Baby Anti Monkey Butt Diaper Rash Powder and Ora’s Amazing Herbal Baby Powder are many parents’ clear favorites!
Their ratings on Amazon are the highest, and since they contain only natural, organic ingredients, parents don’t have to think twice before purchasing them.
Oh, and they are very effective in their intended purpose!
My advice is, try out a few of these to see how your baby takes to them because after all, it is your infant’s decision!
Test them out and you’re sure to find a winner, as there’s a good reason each one made the top 12 list.
Most Common Questions
Here are some of the most common questions parents have when it comes to baby powders.
Read on and find out everything you need to know in order to be able to make the most educated decision for your little one.
- How safe is baby powder for an infant?
Very. Aside from one particular ingredient (talc) it is very safe for babies.
The controversy around powders that contain talc is related to the belief that it may cause serious breathing problems and issues with lungs in babies who inhale great amounts of it.
On the other hand, most baby powders contain perfectly safe natural and organic ingredients that cause no harm to babies – quite the contrary, they have a calming, soothing effect on infants.
- What do baby powders contain?
Talc used to be one of the main ingredients, but nowadays (due to many controversial opinions) many powders contain only organic, natural ingredients like cornstarch.
Some other components that can be found are calcium hydroxyapatite and fragrance.
- What is baby powder good for?
If you’ve noticed that your baby has developed rashes, powder can be a good solution. In these instances, it is widely encouraged to use baby powder.
Other things you can use it for are various body irritations and to help reduce unwanted moisture in the diaper.
- Should I apply it at every diaper change?
Yes, you should. Every time you change your baby’s diapers you need to apply baby powder.
One thing you should always do is wash your infant prior to applying the powder, in order to avoid causing any skin irritation or rashes.
And any powder that has accumulated in your baby’s skin folds needs to be cleaned and washed away immediately.
- How do I use baby powder?
Each parent has their own system, so it’s highly unlikely that you’re doing it wrong.
One thing I do advise is to always remain careful while applying it.
The first thing you should do is apply it to your own hands so as to avoid your baby digesting it. Do it at a safe distance from your eyes, nose, and your infant.
Afterward, simply apply the powder onto your baby’s legs and avoid direct contact with the genitals.
- What will happen to my baby if they inhale or digest the powder?
It depends on the brand! Generally speaking, inhaling it may cause indigestion or choking. Powder that has talc as the main ingredient is poisonous to the body.
If your baby inhales it while eating the dry powder, they may end up with severe breathing issues.
- How much does it cost?
There are two things that determine the cost. The first one is the size and the second one is the brand.
Obviously larger products tend to be on the more expensive side, whereas smaller packages are more affordable.
A 4-ounce bottle of baby powder costs anywhere between $3.30 to $7.00, depending on which brand it is and the ingredients.
- Is there a difference between talcum powder and baby powder?
Yes, there’s a big difference. Talcum powder is known to be a finely ground talc mineral.
Most of its elements contain moisture-absorbing qualities, which is why it is perfect for cosmetic products.
On the other hand, baby powder contains a completely different set of ingredients, such as cornstarch or talc powder as moisture-absorbing elements.
If you’ve carefully gone through your options in order to find the most suitable brand for your child, you have no reason to worry.
As long as you apply it to your hands first and then dab it onto your child (to avoid dispersing it into the air and your child inhaling it) you’re doing a good job.
During every diaper change, the powder must be washed away so it doesn’t accumulate and cause irritation to your baby’s skin.
It should always remain clean and fresh so that your baby doesn’t feel unnecessary discomfort.
I hope that this list has been helpful to you and that most of your questions have been answered.
With these products, you have no reason to worry as they are the best ones currently on the market.
Your baby’s skin will feel smooth and fresh and you will have great peace of mind knowing you’ve made a good choice.
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.