All mothers agree that motherhood is the most special part of our lives. But we also agree that it can be challenging sometimes.
And when those “not so great” times come, we could all use some encouraging mom quotes to lift our spirits and motivate us to keep going.
There are times when we question our motherhood and think that we are doing everything wrong.
There are many tough days, our children go through so many phases, and we get tired to the bone sometimes. But you know what? We keep going no matter what.
Motherhood is a journey with no option of giving up. But each time we see those huge, innocent smiles on their faces, we realize that it’s all worth it.
That’s why mothers are the true heroes. No matter how tired we are or how difficult things become, we never allow other people to see how exhausted we really are.
But even though we’re so brave and strong, we also need some words of encouragement from time to time. So, check out these beautiful inspirational mom quotes below to carry on rocking motherhood.
Powerful And Encouraging Mom Quotes
Whether you’re a child who needs an inspirational mother quote to write in a Mother’s Day card or a mother who really needs some words of encouragement, these beautiful encouraging mom quotes below will come in handy.
1. “A miracle is the only way to describe motherhood and giving birth. It’s unbelievable how God has made us women and babies to endure and be able to do so much. A miracle, indeed. Such an incredible blessing.” – Jennie Finch
2. “Being a mother has made me so tired. And so happy.” – Tina Fey
3. “Being a mother is discovering strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you never knew existed.” – Sherene Simon
4. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” – Barbara Kingsolver
5. “All your kids want is you. Not the fit mom, not the Pinterest mom, not the PTA mom, not every other mom you think you should be. All they want is you, so be the happiest you there ever was.” – Cat & Nat
6. “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” – Oprah Winfrey
7. “Successful mothers are not the ones that have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” – Sharon Jaynes
8. “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” – Mitch Albom
9. “It’s ok to be grumpy sometimes, to have bad days to struggle, to make mistakes, to say the wrong thing, feel overwhelmed and under-appreciated, to be out-of-sorts and sort-of-over-it all. It’s ok for us big humans, and it’s ok for our little humans, too. After all, we’re all humans, right? How else will our little humans learn that it’s okay to be human? Remember, we’re imperfect humans growing imperfect humans in an imperfect world, and that’s perfectly okay.” – L. R. Knost
10. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
11. “You’re always going to wonder if you’re doing things wrong, but that’s what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else that you just want to be perfect as possible.” – Naya Rivera
12. “Having kids – the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings – is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” – Maria Shriver
13. “There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
14. “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” – Ricki Lake
15. “To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle, I say, be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are.” – Jeffery R. Holland
16. “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond stronger in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” – Gail Tsukiyama
17. “Even a good mom has bad days, great days, normal days, overwhelming days, perfect days, trying days, supermom days, just being-a-mom days, a whole lot of love and real and crazy motherhood days.” – Rachel Martin
18. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
19. “I know it can be hard to get up every day and have these little people rely on you; I know it’s hard to feel like sometimes your world is so small. I want to remind you; you are the world. You are the world for those little ones that is revolving around. You are their nurture, their home, and their comfort. You are everything to them, and I hope even on your hard days you know how special you are, especially to your little people.” – Unknown
20. “Motherhood. It is a choice you make every day, to put someone else’s happiness and wellbeing ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing, even when you’re not sure what the right thing is… and to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong.” – Donna Bell
21. “Sometimes, when you pick up your child, you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood – finding a piece of yourself separate and apart, that all the same, you could not live without.” – Jodi Picoult
22. “There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family.” – M. Russell Ballard
23. “A mother’s guilt is forever. The I-should-have-done-this or should-have-done-that will always be there. Learning to live with it is forever. Stop beating yourself up, accept it is a part of motherhood and keep being who you are. The mother guilt you feel is normal. Children don’t even know the words ‘mother’s guilt.'” – Unknown
24. “The very fact that you worry about being a good mom means that you are one.” – Jodi Picoult
25. “Don’t listen to anyone’s advice. Listen to your baby… There are so many books, doctors, and well-meaning friends and family. We like to say, ‘You don’t need a book. Your baby is a book. Just pick it up and read it.'” – Mayim Bialik
26. “Trust your gut, mama. If it tells you something is off, don’t ignore its warning. If it puts words in your mouth, speak them. If it points you in a certain direction, follow it. Intuition is one of the greatest superpowers of motherhood.” – Unknown
27. “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing: You go through big chunks of time where you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible – oh, this is impossible.’ And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible.” – Tina Fey
28. “Breathe. Your kids need you. Not perfect. But you. With your worries. And your laughs. And your fails. And your try agains. Your love. Your showing up. That’s what matters. Breathe, sweet mom.” – Rachel Martin
29. “I see you there mama, trying your best. I see you showing up each day, even though you feel exhausted. I see you making tough choices for your family even when you’re not sure if they are right. I see you working tirelessly, even when it seems never-ending. I see you doing an amazing job, even though you doubt yourself. I see you mama, and you are more than enough .” – Unknown
30. “Take heart, tired momma. You will make it through these exhausting days, and you will be stronger for them. You are a good mother. You only need to look into the eyes of your children and believe it.” – Unknown
31. “To the mom who feels like you are failing. Don’t doubt yourself. Right now, it feels hard, but each day you still show up, even through the exhaustion. You pour your love into your children, even though your cup feels empty. You do the best you can, even when you think you can’t. And that, dear mama, is not failing. You are amazing.” – Unknown
32. “There will be so many times when you feel like you’ve failed. But in the eyes, heart, and mind of your child, you are a super mom.” – Stephanie Precourt
33. “Having children is my greatest achievement. It was my savior. It switched my focus from the outside to the inside. My children are gifts, they remind me of what’s important.” – Elle Macpherson
34. “To every mom who yelled at her kids, to every mom who has a sink full of dishes, to every mom who can’t find any time for anything, to every mom who didn’t shower today, to every mom that fed kids cereal for dinner. You are good enough.” – Unknown
35. “If you’re a mom, you’re a superhero. Period.” – Rosie Pope
36. “Hey, mama. I see you stressed out, tired, touched out, stretched thin, irritable, snappy, imperfect, short-tempered, grumpy, crying, it’s okay. Everybody has been there; it sucks, but you are good. You are a good mom, say it, believe it.” – Unknown
37. “Motherhood is amazing. And then it is really hard. And then it is incredible. And then it is everything in between. So, hold onto the good, breathe through the bad, and welcome the wildest and most wonderful ride of your life.” – Unknown
Encouraging New Mom Quotes
Motherhood can be especially challenging for a new mom because she’s facing a completely new and different time in her life.
These inspiring mom quotes will give all new moms out there the strength on their new and amazing journeys.
1. “You’ll learn to lower your expectations about what you can accomplish in a day. Some days, it will be all you can do to keep a baby safe, warm, and fed, and that will be enough.” – Unknown
2. “There’s something that just happens to you when you have a baby, and you look at their little eyes for the first time when you’re holding them. They’ve been safe inside your belly for almost 10 months, and now they’re in your arms. Intuition kicks in, where you will do anything for them and you have all the tools inside of you to take care of them.” – Hillary Duff
3. “Be patient with yourself. You and your baby are both learning new things each day.” – Unknown
4. “We’re all bad moms, and we’re all good moms. Some days we get it and all right, and other days it feels like we get nothing right. Just keep loving your kids and doing the very best, you can and trust that it’s exactly what they need.” – Brooke Hampton
5. “A baby arrives, and just like that everything changes. The world gets bigger, heart grows fuller, and life means more.” – Unknown
6. “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.” – Gilda Radner
7. “Just as there is no warning for childbirth, there is no preparation for the sight of a first child. There should be a song for women to sing at this moment or a prayer to recite. But perhaps there is none because there are no words strong enough to name the moment.” – Anita Diamant
8. “There is nothing like a newborn baby to renew your spirit – and to buttress your resolve to make the world a better place.” – Virginia Kelley
9. “Being a new mom is exciting and full of joy. If you listen to your intuition, you’ll always be on the right path.” – Taylor Wells
10. “A mothers’ joy begins when new life is stirring inside… when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.” – Unknown
11. “Once your baby arrives, the world is no more the same than you are. Because from our very bodies we add to the collective human destiny. Our deepest urge is always toward life, to wholeness and well being.” – Claire Fontaine
RELATED: 110 Most Beautiful Pregnancy Quotes For Moms To Be
Encouraging Single Mom Quotes
Being a single mom is definitely the most challenging. You don’t have the support from the other parent and sometimes you just get the feeling that your baby and you are all alone.
But being in this thing on your own just reinforces the love-bond between you – one that is strong enough to endure everything. And these encouraging mom quotes are here to prove it.
Also, these family quotes about single moms below can also serve as heartfelt Mother’s Day quotes to put in the card for your best friend – your hero.
1. “The loves of my life are my children and my mother. I don’t feel as if I need a man.” – Diane Keaton
2. “A single mother has to fulfill the jobs of two people. She has to do twice more work, having no one with whom she could share the burden of the stressful moments. The bright side is that she gets all the love and attention of her child, and that she is always there for all the significant and heart-warming moments of her child’s life.” – Unknown
3. “Being a single parent is not a life full of struggles, but a journey for the strong.” – Meg Lowrey
4. “As a single mum you’ll discover inner strengths and capabilities you never knew you had.” – Emma-Louise Smith
5. “A single mom tries when things are hard. She never gives up. She believes in her family, even when things are tough. She knows that above all things… a mother’s love is more than enough.” – Denice Williams
6. “Single moms: You are a doctor, a teacher, a nurse, a maid, a cook, a referee, a heroine, a provider, a defender, a protector, a true superwoman. Wear your cape proudly.” – Mandy Hale
7. “She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mom.” – Mandy Hale
8. “Being a single parent is twice the work, twice the stress and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride.” – Unknown
9. “Even on the days you feel like you are failing, look around, I promise your kids still think you are the best mom in the whole universe.” – Unknown
10. “Being a working mother and a working single parent instills in you a sense of determination.” – Felicity Jones
11. “Did you hear? Superheroes are real. They are called single moms.” – Unknown
12. “Single working moms are teaching their kids a solid work ethic; you’re teaching them that we don’t just have things handed to us, but have to work for the things we want.” – Unknown
Forget about Superman, Wonder Woman, and all the other superheroes. Mothers are the only superheroes in real life.
Also, forget about that mom guilt you may be feeling right now, thinking how you aren’t a perfect mother.
Because the truth is, just like there’s no such thing as a perfect person, there’s not one perfect mother out there.
Your strength is even bigger than you think because you draw it from your kids every day. These encouraging mom quotes are here to remind you of that, and truly, every mama needs to hear it.
No matter whether you are a single, working, or stay-at-home mom, we all must also pay attention to our self-care.
Mom life isn’t always easy, but remember, a happy mom – the one who constantly works on herself too – is a good mother.
Remember always, if God thought that anyone else would be a better mother to your kids, He wouldn’t have given them to you.
Keep rocking motherhood, because I’m sure you’re doing it just the way it should be done. And trust me, you’ll always be perfect and even more than that in the eyes of your kids.
READ NEXT: 70+ Inspirational Motherhood Quotes To Empower You
Like this post? Please share or pin it for later. You can also stay in the loop and follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure for more info.