All those feelings, changes, and great and not so great days you get while you are pregnant aren’t easy to explain.
That’s where inspirational pregnancy quotes come in. A lot of famous and not so famous women have been where you are now and they managed to find the right words.
Women like Carrie Fisher, Jessica Simpson, Maggie Scarf and others, all said it perfectly.
They had it just as bitter-sweet as the rest of us. The exhilaration you get the first time you see that plus sign on your pregnancy test. The unknown and magical ways of your first pregnancy and every one after.
Then the giant stomach, the constant hormonal spikes, the weird food cravings, everything up to the act of birthing a new life into this world. A mother’s love knows no bounds or class.
Motherhood is a pure, god-given gift and one of the most powerful things in the world. That’s why it’s important to understand that we aren’t doing this only for ourselves, but for the benefit of a new life, one that’ll be worth living .
Of course, it’s not all serious maternity and new mom quotes, some are genuinely witty and serve as a delightful spin to get a laugh out of you when you’re feeling down.
After all, we’re not all amazing philosophers able to make profound pregnancy quotes, we just speak our minds and hope it motivates another mom into staying strong.
Announcing Pregnancy Quotes
1. “You are proof that love before first sight does exist.” — Araceli M. Ream
2. “Now my belly is as noble as my heart.” — Gabriela Mistral
3. “I’m in love with a human I haven’t met yet.” — Miss Planner
4. “With every newborn baby, a little sun rises.” — Irmgard Erath
5. “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” — Carrie Fisher
6. “My body has given me the greatest gift of my life.” — Hilary Duff
7. “No matter how bad my day’s been, it takes one little kick to make everything feel alright.” — Author Unknown
8. “We wished upon a star, it came true… and now we’re expecting baby number two.” — Author Unknown
9. “A grand adventure is about to begin.” — Winnie the Pooh
10. “Let us make pregnancy an occasion when we appreciate our female bodies.” – Merete Leonhardt-Lupa
11. “Going into a pregnancy is a really challenging time for a woman, because it’s forever-changing, both mentally and physically.” — Brooke Burke
12. “Love makes the belly go round.” — Author Unknown
13. “God knew my heart needed you.” — Author Unknown
14. “We can’t understand when we’re pregnant, or when our siblings are expecting, how profound it is to have a shared history with a younger generation: blood, genes, humor. It means we were actually here, on Earth, for a time—like the Egyptians with their pyramids, only with children.” — Anne Lamott
15. “And just like that, life became a whole lot sweeter.” — Ali Fedotowsky
16. “Ten little fingers, ten little toes. With love and grace, our family grows. This precious soul, so sweet and new. This little life, a dream come true.” — Author Unknown
17. “I was ready to hand over the crown. but I guess I am still queen of the house. #itsaboy #surroundedbyboys” — Gwen Stefani
18. “I know you, but only because I feel you. How is it possible to love someone so much already? All I know for sure is it’s the strongest feeling I’ve ever felt. We’ve been sharing this body for quite some time, and we’ve already experienced so much together. We can’t wait to meet you.” — Nikkie Reed
19. “Pretty soon we’ll need a minivan. We’re adding another to our clan.” — Author Unknown
20. “A child is the richness of tradition, the excitement of youth, and the promise of tomorrow. We’re expecting our tomorrow this fall.” — Author Unknown
21. “After every storm, there is a rainbow. Expecting our rainbow baby.” — Author Unknown
22. “I’ll be stuntin like my daddy…..” — Kelly Rowland
23. “Have you heard the buzz? Our little honey will be arriving (birth month and year).” — Author Unknown
24. “You are already my favorite adventure.” — Hannah Ferrier
25. “Bun in the oven. Baking until (month, year).” — Author Unknown
26. “First came love, then came you.” — Author Unknown
27. “Even miracles take a little time.” — Author Unknown
28. “There is no better feeling than the movement of life inside you.” — Author Unknown
Inspirational & Cute Pregnancy Quotes
1. “Being pregnant means every day is another day closer to meeting the other love of my life.” — Anonymous
2. “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” — Lin Yutang
3. “A baby is God’s opinion that life should go on.” — Carl Sandburg
4. “Giving birth is not a matter of pushing, expelling the baby, but of yielding, surrendering to birth energy.” — Marie Reid
5. “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.” — Erma Bombeck
6. “You never understand life until it grows inside of you.” — Sandra Chami Kassis
7. “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” — Author Unknown
8. “Children reinvent your world for you.” — Susan Sarandon
9. “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain‚your life will never be the same.” — Catherine Jones
10. “Birth takes a woman’s deepest fears about herself and shows her that she is stronger than them.” — Author Unknown
11. “It is the most powerful creation to have life growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.” — Beyoncé
12. “I’m never as happy as when I’m pregnant. I literally would have 10 babies if I could!” — Tori Spelling
13. “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.” — Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
14. “A man is not complete until he has seen the baby he has made.” — Sammy Davis Jr.
15. “Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” — Judy Ford
16. “A ship under sail and a big-bellied woman are the handsomest two things that can be seen common.” ― Benjamin Franklin
17. “Words can not express the joy of new life.” — Hermann Hesse
18.” The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” — Jill Churchill
19. “You are the closest I will ever come to magic.” — Suzanne Finnamore
20. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” — Mary Mason
21. “When I was pregnant, I was so huge and people on the bus would get up for me. That made me feel so precious and valued and valuable. I try to treat everyone like they’re pregnant.” — Mariska Hargitay
22. “Pregnancy is getting company inside one’s skin.” — Maggie Scarf
23. “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” — Anne Christian Buchanan
24. “Part of being a parent is rolling with the punches, so consider an unexpected pregnancy the universe’s way of helping you to learn to do that.” — Heather Wittenberg
25. “Making a decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” — Elizabeth Stone
26. “Sometimes when you pick up your child, you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood – finding a piece of yourself separate and apart from that all the same, you could not live without.” — Jodi Picoult
27. “Sometimes you don’t realize what is missing in your life until it arrives.” — Araceli M. Ream
28. “Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch.” — E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web
29. “I love you bigger than the world and sky.” — Marty Klazmer
30. “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” — Harriette Hartigan
31. “My goal is to appreciate my body for what it has done.” — Sia Cooper
32. “Family is not an important thing, it’s everything.” — Michael J. Fox
33. “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” — Laura Stavoe Harm
34. “For this child, I prayed and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart.” — 1 Samuel 1:27
35. “Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes.” — Joyce Armor
36. “Giving birth should be your greatest achievement not your greatest fear.” — Jane Weideman
37. “There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.” — Jared Padalecki
38. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for.” — Unknown
39. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” — Eda LeShan
40. “You are pregnant and you are powerful. You are bold and you are beautiful. Go forward in your boldness, in your beauty and in your contentedness. Trust your body to birth and know that the collective power of women worldwide will be with you.” — Unknown
41. “There are words in the soul of a newborn baby, wanting and waiting to be written.” — Toba Beta
42. “Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person. Each day is part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted the focus of my life and made me reevaluate my personal and professional goals.” — Holly Madison
43. “Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God. Lucky is the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star.” — Larry Barretto
44. “I’m a mother, and I look like one.” — Olivia Wilde
45. “You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.” — E.E. Cummings
46. “Life doesn’t get more real than having a newborn at home.” — Eric Church
47. “The amazing thing about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your own first priority.” — Olivia Wilde
48. “Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here an hour, I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother’s Love.” — Maureen Hawkins
49. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” — A.A. Milne
50. “Still the most magical day of my life was the day I became a mom.” — Linda Becker
50. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” ― Rajneesh
51. “And so in you, the child, your mother lives on and through your family continues to live… so at this time look after yourself and your family as you would your mother for through you all she will truly never die.” — Osho
52. “Pregnancy can be a time when you take tremendous pleasure in eating, not only because you may enjoy food more but also because you know that it is nourishing both you and your baby.” — Martha Rose and Jane L. Davis
53. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” — Benjamin Spock
Funny Pregnancy Quotes
1. “People always say that pregnant women have a glow. And I say it’s because you’re sweating to death.” — Jessica Simpson
2. “Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside.” — Rita Rudner
3. “Sleep is like the unicorn – it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any.” — Unknown
4. “Your pregnant elephant ankles will return to normal. Just hang in there.” — Adriel Booker
5. “A baby is a wishing well. Everyone puts their hopes, their fears, their pasts, their two cents in.” — Elizabeth Bard
6. “Of course I can do this. I’m pregnant, not brain-damaged. My condition doesn’t change my personality.” — Christine Feehan
7. “If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time –you’re the grandma.” — Theresa Bloomingdale
8. “A good way to prepare yourself for parenthood is to talk to rocks because they have similar listening habits.” — Rodney Lacroix
9. “Motherhood: The only place you can experience heaven and hell at the same time.” — Unknown
10. “Every four weeks I go up a bra size… it’s worth being pregnant just for the breasts.” — Natasha Hamilton
11. “Being pregnant was the healthiest I’ve ever been in my life. Except for the cupcakes.” — Ashlee Simpson
12. “Baby in the tummy, it’s all up to mommy. But once the baby’s had, it’s bragging rights for Dad.” — Unknown
13. “If you want to know the feeling, just take your bottom lip and pull it over your head.” — Carol Burnett
14. “It’s an established fact. Some women can’t stand being pregnant, getting big and bloated, and hauling around a giant stomach, and some women, for reasons probably understood by Darwin, love it.” — Rich Cohen
15. “During my first pregnancy, the people I was around told me how great I looked, asked me how I was feeling, saved the comfiest chairs for me, and stocked the office with decaf tea. This time around, the person I spend the most time with – although she seems to think I’m swell – insists on eating my food and waking me up early every morning.” — Emily Fisk
16. “Pregnancy is the only time when you can do nothing at all and still be productive.” — Evan Esar
17. “Get comfortable. Have to pee. Get really thirsty after you pee. Drink an entire cup of water. Get comfortable. Have to pee again. I give up!” — Unknown
18. “The first pregnancy is the most self-indulgent thing in the world because you get massages and prenatal yoga and hypnotherapy CDs. During this one I forget that I’m even pregnant. I’m hoisting my 2-year-old around.” — Emily Blunt
19. “You do a lot of growing up when you’re pregnant. It’s suddenly like, ‘Yikes. Here it is, folks. Playtime is over.’” — Connie Fioretto
20. “Ah, babies! They’re more than just adorable little creatures on whom you can blame your farts.” — Tina Fey
21. “I cough, therefore I pee.” — Author Unknown
22. “Oops!…I did it again.” — Britney Spears
23. “We are pregnant. Don’t be sad for us, it was on purpose!” — Author Unknown
24. “We’ve decided that we no longer want to sleep, have time to ourselves or have a clean house.” — Author Unknown
25. “I’m giving up things like lunch meat, caffeine, sushi and alcohol for 9 months.” — Author Unknown
26. “My new roommate poops her pants and doesn’t pay rent.” — Kristen Bell
27. “There’s nothing like a brand new pair of genes. We are expecting.” — Author Unknown
28. “Don’t eat watermelon seeds, or you’ll end up like me!” — Author Unknown
As you can see, most of these pregnancy quotes aren’t there to tout some incredibly enlightening message analyzed by generations of scholars. No, they’re words mothers, fathers, philosophers and the like use to describe the feeling they get when they experience the beautiful gifts pregnancy gives us.
It’s a feeling that stems from the heart and is unique to each and every person.
Some people adore the idea of becoming a new parent while some would rather be their own person for a little while longer.
Both of those decisions are fine, but what’s important is that both parties understand the trials and the tribulations as well as the joys that parenting can provide and the excitement of pregnancy.
That exhilarating feeling one gets when one wonders which parent the child’s going to look like more, or if the baby is going to be a boy or a girl. And, of course, the warm and fuzzy feeling a parent gets when they lock eyes with their son or daughter for the first time.
Let me tell you, I’ve experienced it twice myself and, to me, it was arguably the best feeling I’ve ever experienced in my life. I hope it’s the same for you when you reach that point. Until next time, mammas.
- 90 Empowering Birth Quotes & Words Of Encouragement For Moms-To-Be
- 134 New Baby Quotes: Magical Quotes For Your Newborn Baby
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure or more info.