Children and grandchildren are equally loved, but it’s a fact that the bond between grandparents and grandkids is like no other! There’s just something so special and unbreakable, and these granddaughter quotes should leave no doubt in your mind about that!
Becoming a grandparent is one of the most beautiful moments in life, right after becoming a parent.
Showing their grandkids pictures and watching them grow is every grandparent’s greatest joy.
However, grandparenting is not an easy job. You have to help your kids with the raising part, but you also have to be included in your grandchildren’s mischiefs.
Now, you’re probably wondering why the bond between grandparents and granddaughters is so special. Well, it’s quite simple actually.
Granddaughters are delightful and merciful. They’ll wake up your inner child and make your life more beautiful every day. They won’t forget everything you did for them while they were growing up and when you grow old, they’ll want to repay you.
Let’s show more gratitude and appreciation to granddaughters because they’re really doing a great job in taking care of their grandparents!
Whether you’re looking for some heartwarming quotes for your granddaughter or you need some special birthday wishes for your baby girl, this collection of granddaughter quotes are a great choice for you.
Lovely Granddaughter Quotes
These loving granddaughter quotes will warm up your heart. Read them below and show your favorite little baby girl how much she really means to you.
1. “God made granddaughters to give our lives variety, and to keep our hearts young. God draped each morning with sunshine and sprinkled each night with song. He hollowed out spaces for laughter, and created joys to last long after; then reserved a special place for tenderness… when God made granddaughters.” – Rebecca Barlow Jordan
2. “Granddaughters: A beautiful reflection of yesterday, a joyful promise of tomorrow.” – Unknown
3. “My granddaughter’s birth has made me want to create things she will love.” – Billy Crystal
4. “If I had a flower for every time my granddaughter made me smile, I’d have a garden to walk in forever.” – Unknown
5. “A granddaughter is one the greatest blessings in the world.” – Unknown
6. “Granddaughters are angels sent from above to fill our hearts with never-ending love.” – Unknown
7. “Granddaughters are the sparkles of life.” – Unknown
8. “A granddaughter is someone you can laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.” – Unknown
9. “I’ve been given this blessing, which is my granddaughter. You’re no longer just you. You suddenly fit into the chest drawers of life.” – Joanna Lumley
10. “One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever been given is my granddaughter.” – Ace Frehley
11. “Granddaughters fill a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown
12. “A granddaughter is a gift from above to cherish and love.” – Unknown
13. “A granddaughter is a treasure whose worth you cannot measure except by the love in your heart.” – Unknown
14. “Your smile is charming, your laughter is infectious. You are a stunning woman and above all, you are my granddaughter.” – Unknown
15. “Granddaughters are called ‘grand’ for a reason.” – Unknown
16. “I wouldn’t change my granddaughter for the world, but I wish I could change the world for my granddaughter.” – Unknown
17. “I love my daughter, but there’s a certain feeling, a certain emotion when you get a granddaughter, you know?” – Bernie Mac
18. “A granddaughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous.” – Unknown
19. “Angels are often disguised as granddaughters.” – Unknown
20. “I have watched you grow from a bright little star to the person that you are. From a child to a friend. I know you so well that I want to tell the world you are my granddaughter.” – Unknown
21. “As I gazed in awe at my newborn granddaughter, all I could think about was the wonder of God’s handiwork.” – Margaret Lang
22. “When my arms can’t reach my granddaughter, I hug her with my prayers.” – Unknown
23. “There will never be a day like the day your granddaughter was born.” – Unknown
24. “In mid-career, I was at one and the same time the rabbi of a major congregation, writing books, and teaching at Columbia. I didn’t spend enough time with my children. Now, when I get an all-important call, I sometimes say that I’m having lunch with my granddaughter. And I do not apologize.” – Arthur Hertzberg
25. “Dear granddaughter, I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” – Unknown
26. “My favorite book is ‘Go Away Big Green Monster.’ I wrote it for my granddaughter Adrian, who was in the third grade at the time.” – Ed Emberley
27. “I may not see my granddaughter every day, but every day I think of her.” – Unknown
28. “A granddaughter is God’s way of reaching your heart with laughter, blessing your life with happiness, and filling your world with love.” – Unknown
29. “I adore her smile, I cherish her hugs, I admire her heart but most of all… I love that she is my granddaughter.” – Unknown
30. “Granddaughter, through you I see the future. Through me, you’ll see the past. In the present, we’ll love one another as long as these moments last.” – Unknown
31. “Dear granddaughter, if I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes. Only then would you realize how special you are to me.” – Unknown
32. “Being blessed with a granddaughter brought life to a part of my heart that I never knew existed.” – Unknown
33. “Perhaps the two greatest moments of my life were standing on the moon and being outside of the room when my granddaughter was born! We tend not to remember the worst.” – Gene Cernan
34. “To my granddaughter, I love you so. You are so special, I hope you know. With every day that passes by, you’re more the twinkle in my eye. So loving, so giving, a heart of gold, always my baby, even when I’m old. Your love shines through, for all to see, I feel so proud, you’re a part of me.” – Unknown
35. “When you count your blessings, count your granddaughters twice.” – Unknown
Inspirational Quotes To Granddaughters
One of the reasons why this bond is so special is because our grandparents are wise and they always have the right advice for us in every situation. Check these inspirational life quotes and share some memorable lessons with your granddaughter.
1. “Dear granddaughter, you’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. And everyone’s not going to be yours. And that is totally okay. Just be kind.” – Unknown
2. “For my own dear girls, my granddaughters, I would tell them to seek out work that you love doing. It will fill your soul.” – Linda Landsman
3. “If I could give my granddaughter three things it would be the confidence to always know her self-worth, the strength to chase her dreams and the ability to know how truly, deeply loved she is.” – Unknown
4. “It makes me happy listening to my granddaughter’s goals and dreams. They’re all very unique and even if they’re quite odd, I will always encourage her to keep chasing it because one day she’ll reach it eventually. And I want her to feel that her grandma will always be here to support her no matter what.” – Unknown
5. “For our daughters and our granddaughters now, the sky is the limit.” – Nancy Pelosi
6. “I don’t want my granddaughter to follow in my footsteps. I want her to take the path next to me and go further than I could have ever dreamt possible.” – Unknown
7. “Granddaughter, always remember you’re special. You’re unique. You’re beautiful. You’re wanted. You’re someone nobody can replace. And always remember, you’re in my heart.” – Unknown
8. “I hope my granddaughter always believes in herself as much as I believe in her.” – Unknown
Family Quotes On The Grandkids-Grandparents Bond
These special grandkids-grandparents quotes are indeed the best proof of that special bond. It’s a bond that nothing and no one will ever be able to break.
Grandchildren should really be thankful for their grandparents and for everything they do for them. And we should all show that gratitude more often. But especially, on special occasions.
If your Grammy’s or Grandpa’s birthday is close, this is the perfect opportunity to show them how much you care for them. Choose a great gift for your loved ones, whether it’s unique jewelry or a personalized T-shirt, or maybe even a special wall decal if they’re into home decor – it’s not actually important. The important thing is to express your love for them in a special way, which you can do by using one of these heartwarming quotes below in your birthday card.
They’re also a super addition to a postcard or maybe a greeting card for Grandparents Day!
Also, don’t forget to show your appreciation to your nanna on Mother’s day. As much as our mothers deserve it, our mimis do too. There are some beautiful grandma-grandchildren quotes about that special bond that you can also use in your Mother’s Day card. Buy your unforgettable grandma gift and make her happy with these beautiful grandma quotes below.
1. “Granddaughters grow a bond with their grandmothers. A bond that cannot be torn apart by anything. A grandmother will walk alongside them through it all. Help them through the highest points of their lives to the lowest. Grandmothers may pass, but the memories they left behind, will last forever.” – Unknown
2. “A grandma and granddaughter always share a special bond, which is engraved on their hearts.” – Unknown
3. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.” – Lois Wyse
4. “The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.” – Sam Levenson
5. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until grandchildren are born.” – Welsh Proverb
6. “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” – Alex Haley
7. “There is no distance that can lessen the love of a grandma and her granddaughter.” – Unknown
8. “A grandmother is God’s gift to her granddaughters.” – Unknown
9. “A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.” – Charles and Ann Morse
10. “Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.” – Janet Lanese
11. “Behind every granddaughter who believes in herself is a grandma who believed first.” – Unknown
12. “Sometimes our grandmas and grandpas are like grand-angels.” – Lexie Saige
13. “Grandmother and granddaughter from the start. Best friends forever from the heart.” – Unknown
14. “I live right in front of my daughter. I have a little house right in front of her because I can stay in touch. It’s like a little commune, and it’s very nice, because you can be close. I can see my granddaughter. I live very close to my brother, too, and my son. We’re a very close family.” – Debbie Reynolds
15. “Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a grandmother and her granddaughter.” – Unknown
Birthday Quotes For A Granddaughter
If you want to be a little bit more creative this year and wish your little baby girl a very happy birthday, check these birthday wishes below.
1. “Granddaughter, you are such a delight, and I hope that you feel surrounded by love and affection on your special day. May it be full of positivity, laughter, joy, and love. Happy birthday, Granddaughter!”
2. “Here’s to the most beautiful young lady I know. May your life forever be as bright as your lovely smile. Happy birthday, my sweet granddaughter.”
3. “Granddaughter, you manage to be so many things all at once: intelligent, strong, beautiful, kind, and sassy. The thing I love most about you, though, is how loving you are. Thank you for filling my days with your smiles and laughter. Happy birthday to my delightful granddaughter!”
4. “Happy birthday, sweet granddaughter. I can’t believe it was only just yesterday that you were a baby. You are growing up so fast. Gosh, if you keep growing at this rate, you’d certainly soon be older than I am!”
5. “For my lovely granddaughter… Happy Birthday! Your future does not lay in front of you, it lies deep inside you. Life is not about finding yourself, it’s about creating yourself. When life becomes a rollercoaster, climb into the front seat, throw your arms in the air, and enjoy the ride. Rise by lifting others. Life is all about how you handle Plan B. Practice the art of listening. Play with wild abandon. Find the joy in all choices you make. Remember, in the end, good girls always win. Never forget I will love you forever, for always.”
6. “I feel like your birthday came by so fast, Granddaughter. It seems like only yesterday you were a baby, but now you have already grown into a splendid young woman. I hope you know that I am always proud of you and that I wish you untold peace and happiness on your birthday this year.”
Funny Granddaughter Quotes
Grandparenting can be challenging sometimes, but to be honest, it’s mostly fun and entertaining. These funny quotes below are proof!
1. “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet.” – Gene Perret
2. “Recently I was tenderly hugging one of our precious little five-year-old granddaughters and said to her, ‘I love you, sweetheart.’ She responded rather blandly: ‘I know.’ I asked, ‘How do you know that I love you?’ ‘Because! You’re my grandfather!’” – Russell M. Nelson
3. “Two things I dislike about my granddaughter – when she won’t take her afternoon nap, and when she won’t let me take mine.” – Gene Perret
4. “A grandmother will tell you everything good about her granddaughter and nothing bad.” – Unknown
5. “Granddaughter, your rambunctious ways may drive your parents crazy, but they make me feel young and carefree again! I hope that you never lose your taste for adventure.” – Unknown
6. “My granddaughter’s laughter is my favorite sound. The sound of her sleeping is a close second.” – Unknown
7. “My granddaughter and I are inseparable. She keeps me wrapped around her little finger.” – Gene Perret
8. “The joys of my life are my granddaughters. They are beautiful. You don’t have to believe me. You can ask my wife. She’ll tell you.” – Dom DeLuise
9. “If I had known granddaughters were this much fun I would have had them first.” – Unknown
To Wrap Up
Do you know the bible verse, “Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents are the pride of their children”?
And they truly are. I wish we could all live long enough to meet the children of our children, our grandbabies.
Every child deserves to have grandparents who will always be up for mischief and I hope that every person gets to experience that special feeling of being a grandparent.
These heart-melting granddaughter quotes prove just how special the granddaughter-grandparents bond truly is.
We all should be thankful for our kids and grandkids because they are indeed our biggest accomplishment and blessing in life!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure for more info.