Grandparents are a national treasure, especially grandmothers, so why not honor their special role with a couple of good grandma quotes.
There are tons of amazing grandma quotes and many of them are simply perfect.
Not because they are written by amazing authors, but because they come from the hearts of the grandkids who hold their grandparents in high regard and wish nothing but the best for them.
These make the most genuine grandmother quotes out there and are guaranteed to create that warm and fuzzy feeling in your grandma’s heart when she reads them.
Whether you go for a grandma love quote or just a simple family quote, all that matters is that your grandma feels special and valued.
Stick to all those memories that you’ve made together on your various trips or family gatherings, these things are what make for some of the best quotes for grandparents.
For many of us, our grandparents were our best friends throughout our childhoods, always buying extra candy for their favorite grandkids and giving away extra cash to buy ice cream or any other treats.
Also, don’t forget to mark your calendars for September 12 because that’s Grandparents Day.
Be sure to be prepared with some good grandparent quotes on a greeting card – I’m sure they’ll be delighted!
Read on for some good examples of quotes that fit a really great grandmother.
Great Grandma Quotes
While many quotes can go on at length about what makes a grandmother so grand, some of the best grandma quotes are really concise and to the point.
Here are a few great examples.
1. “Nobody can replace the love of a grandma. She has this magical ability to make everything feel better.” – Unknown
2. “Her grandmother, as she gets older, is not fading but rather becoming more concentrated.” – Paulette Bates Alden
3. “The love between a grandmother and granddaughter is forever.” – Unknown
4. “A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.” – Unknown
5. “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” – Italian Proverb
6. “A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes.” – Barbara Cage
7. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.” – Lois Wyse
8. “My grandchildren may not have everything they want in this world, but they have a grandma that loves them more than anything else.” – Unknown
9. “Sometimes our grandmas and grandpas are like grand-angels.” – Lexie Saige
10. “I love my grandma with all my heart. Nothing could ever change that.” – Unknown
11. “A grandma’s name is little less in love than is the doting title of a mother.” – William Shakespeare
12. “Grandmother opens up a new world of change, challenge, and celebration in a woman’s life.” – Rebecca Barlow Jordan
13. “It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.” – Christopher Morley
14. “For myself, one of the sweetest words I have ever heard is ‘Nana’.” – Zelda Rosenbaum
15. “A grandma is someone who’s dear in every way. Her smile is like the sunshine that brightens each new day.” – Unknown
16. “A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.” – Charles and Ann Morse
17. “A grandmother’s love is forever and always.” – Unknown
18. “Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special.” – Catherine Pulsifer
19. “We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me.” – Phyllis Theroux
20. “My Grandmother would say, ‘Make sure you look good. Make sure you speak well. Make sure you remain that Southern gentleman that I’ve taught you to be.’” – Jamie Foxx
21. “A grandma is someone who plays a special part in all the treasured memories we hold within our heart.” – Unknown
22. “Perfect love sometimes does not come till the first grandchild.” – Welsh Proverb
23. “Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while…..but our hearts forever.” – Unknown
24. “My grandmother is my angel on earth.” – Catherine Pulsifer
25. “Grandparents and grandchildren, together they create a chain of love linking the past with the future. The chain may lengthen, but it will never part.” – Unknown
26. “When the child you love has a child you love with all that is within you, only then will you know just how grand being a grandparent truly is.” – Unknown
27. “To all of the grandmothers who make the world more gentle, more tolerant and more safe for our children. Never doubt your importance.” – Mary-Lou Rosengren
28. “You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.” – Albert Einstein
29. “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” – Alex Haley
30. “Grandparents make the world … a little softer, a little kinder, a little warmer.” – Unknown
31. “I love that I can tell Grandma anything and know that she will always have ears that truly listen and arms that always hold.” – Unknown
32. “Everyone needs to have access both to grandparents and grandchildren in order to be a full human being.” – Margaret Mead
33. “If grandmas hadn’t existed, kids would have inevitably invented them.” – Arthur Kornhaber
34. “I thought grandmothers had to like you. It’s a law or something.” – Mary E. Pearson
Beautiful Grandma Quotes
Quotes about grandmothers capture the essence of their love and affection.
They depict them as the lovely ladies they once were and still are, and showcase their inner beauty and all of their best qualities.
Sharing these heartfelt quotes with your grandma will help nurture your relationship, and this is so important since she’s such an integral part of your family.
And believe me, you’ll enjoy these quotes just as much as your own grandma is going to.
1. “You are the sun, grandma, you are the sun in my life.” – Kitty Tsui
2. “What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.” – Rudolph Giuliani
3. “Grandmother – a wonderful mother with lots of practice.” – Unknown
4. “A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television.” – Unknown
5. “A grandparent is old on the outside but young on the inside.” – Unknown
6. “Grandparents should play the same role in the family as an elder statesman can in the government of a country. They have the experience and knowledge that comes from surviving a great many years of life’s battles and the wisdom, hopefully, to recognize how their grandchildren can benefit from this.” – Geoff Dench
7. “Grandma and Grandpa, tell me a story and snuggle me with your love. When I’m in your arms, the world seems small and we’re blessed by the heavens above.” – Laura Spiess
8. “I would love to go back and travel the road not taken, if I knew at the end of it I’d find the same set of grandkids.” – Unknown
9. “No one … who has not known that inestimable privilege can possibly realize what good fortune it is to grow up in a home where there are grandparents.” – Suzanne La Follette
10. “I think I’m a fan of people who were brave, my aunt, my grandmother, those are my heroes.” – George Eads
11. “Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.” – Unknown
12. “Grandma serves kisses, counsel, and cookies daily.” – Unknown
13. “Grandparents are a family’s greatest treasure, the founders of a loving legacy, the greatest storytellers, the keepers of traditions that linger on in cherished memory. Grandparents are the family’s strong foundation. Their very special love sets them apart. Through happiness and sorrow, through their special love and caring, grandparents keep a family close at heart.” – Unknown
14. “Grandparents always have time for you when everyone else is too busy.” – Unknown
15. “A Grandmother is a safe haven.” – Suzette Haden Elgin
16. “I know you’ve loved me since I was born, but I’ve loved you my whole life.” – Unknown
17. “Some of the world’s best educators are grandparents.” – Charles W. Shedd
18. “Being a mother and grandmother is the best of the best in my life. My grandchildren multiply the joy my daughters bring me.” – Alexandra Stoddard
19. “Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends – and hardly ever our own grown children.” – Ruth Goode
20. “Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete.” – Marcy DeMaree
21. “Young people need something stable to hang on to – a culture connection, a sense of their own past, a hope for their own future. Most of all, they need what grandparents can give them….” – Jay Kesler
22. “A house needs a grandma in it.” – Louisa May Alcott
23. “Grandmas and grandpas are grand-angels.” – Terri Guillemets
24. “If your baby is ‘beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time,’ you’re the grandma.” – Teresa Bloomingdale
25. “When it seems the world can’t understand, your grandmother’s there to hold your hand.” – Joyce K. Allen Logan
26. “A garden of love grows in a grandmother’s heart.” – Unknown
27. “Most grandmas have a touch of the scallywag.” – Helen Thomson
28. “I know what it is like to be brought up with unconditional love. In my life that came from my grandmother.” – Andre Leon Talley
29. “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” – Erma Bombeck
30. “If you’re lucky enough to still have grandparents, visit them, cherish them and celebrate them while you can.” – Regina Brett
31. “The history of our grandparents is remembered not with rose petals but in the laughter and tears of their children and their children’s children. It is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone. It is in us that their history becomes a future.” – Charles and Ann Morse
32. “Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.” – Doug Larson
33. “Grandparents are the best kind of grownups.” – Unknown
34. “I feel like my grandparents and parents gave me a tremendous amount. And if I can pass some of that on, then I’ll be very happy.” – Caroline Kennedy
35. “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” – Sam Levenson
36. “Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent.” – Donald A. Norberg
37. “Grandmas don’t just say ‘that’s nice’ – they reel back and roll their eyes and throw up their hands and smile. You get your money’s worth out of grandmas.” – Unknown
38. “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet.” – Gene Perret
39. “Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies.” – Unknown
40. “Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter, caring deeds, wonderful stories, and love.” – Unknown
41. “Grandparents are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re there.” – Unknown
42. “It’s impossible for a grandmother to understand that few people, and maybe none, will find her grandchild as endearing as she does.” – Janet Lanese
43. “Grandmothers are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future.” – Helen Ketchum
44. “Unconditional positive regard is rarely given by anyone except a grandparent.” – Unknown
45. “It is one of nature’s ways that we often feel closer to distant generations than to the generation immediately preceding us.” – Igor Stravinsky
46. “Because (grandparents) are usually free to love and guide and befriend the young without having to take daily responsibility for them, they can often reach out past pride and fear of failure and close the space between generations.” – Jimmy Carter
47. “I loved their home. Everything smelled older, worn but safe; the food aroma had baked itself into the furniture.” – Susan Strasberg
48. “A grandma’s heart is a patchwork of love.” – Unknown
49. “Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends.” – Allan Frome
50. “It’s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother – that’s why the world calls her grandmother.” – Unknown
51. “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins.” – Joyce Allston
Inspirational Quotes For Grandmas
Sometimes age can get to a grandparent, especially your grandma.
That’s why it’s important to keep her spirits up by reminding her of all the great deeds that she’s done and of all the important roles she’s played in keeping your family on the right path.
While everyday compliments will work to an extent, there’s something special about receiving a quote from a loving granddaughter written on a greeting card or a gift.
Some of these are also quotes from other grandmas that help guide grandparents along the path being the best friend to their grandkids.
These inspirational quotes have managed to accomplish just that for many a grandma:
1. “Being an everyday grandmother has kept me young at heart, I know all the newest fads and fancies. I am way hipper than most of my friends.” – Trudy Jo Hahn Snader
2. “If you are lucky enough to have your grandmother with you, sit and talk with her sometime. Ask her big questions, like what’s the secret to a happy marriage, and little ones, like when was the first time she put on lipstick.” – Erin Bried
3. “A grandmother is both a sword and a shield.” – Fredrik Backman
4. “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” – Ogden Nash
5. “Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.” – Janet Lanese
6. “There is nothing more wonderful than the love and guidance a grandparent can give his or her grandchild.” – Edward Fays
7. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.” – Pam Brown
8. “If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first.” – Lois Wyse
9. “When a child is born, so are grandmothers.” – Judith Levy
10. “Being a grandmother is the best – it can’t be overrated.” – Marty Norman
11. “One friend came up with the name ‘Glam-ma’, short for Glamorous Grandmother. I loved it!” – Carol L. Covin
12. “A grandmother once said that children are the investments and grandchildren the dividends.” – Selma Berg
13. “Truth be told, being a grandma is as close as we ever get to perfection. The ultimate warm sticky bun with plump raisins and nuts.” – Bryna Nelson Paston
14. “There are grandmothers out there who would move heaven and earth for their grandchildren.” – Janice Elliott-Howard
15. “Soon I will be an old, white-haired lady into whose lap someone places a baby, saying, ‘Smile, Grandma!’ I, who myself so recently was photographed on my grandmother’s lap.” – Liv Ullmann
16. “I want to be the grandmother who plays inside and outside, experiencing joy with each grandchild, according to his or her personality and interests.” – Sharon Carpenter
17. “A grandmother is a remarkable woman. She’s a wonderful combination of warmth and kindness, laughter and love.” – Unknown
18. “Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother.” – Edward H. Dreschnack
19. “Uncles and aunts, and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all.” – Fanny Fern
20. “So, what do I really know about being a grandmother? Well, I remember what I didn’t like as a child. I also loved being a Mom, but I have to tell you that being a grandmother has brought a whole new side of life – the fun side – to me.” – Janet Steele
21. “Most of us base our certainties about grandmotherhood on what our own grans were like or our own mums. So, if we don’t instantly feel we match up, it’s probably because we have a certain blueprint in our minds.” – Flic Everett
22. “Many of my friends were grandmothers and, without exception, they said, ‘Until you become a grandmother, you can’t understand how it feels.’” – Barbara LoMonaco
23. “Being a grandmother provides you with an opportunity to help your grandchild gain a sense of who he or she really is.” – Deborah Williams and Linda A. Johnson
24. “My mother and grandmother raised me. Queens raised me.” – Lamar Odom
25. “One only has to look at the vast assortment of birthday and Mother’s Day greeting cards to appreciate the depth of love some hold for their grandmothers.” – Angela Bowen
26. “Grandmothers and roses are much the same. Each are God’s masterpieces with different names.” – Unknown
27. “Every parent knows that children look at their grandparents as sources of wisdom and security.” – David Jeremiah
28. “Being a mother and grandmother, my maternal instinct made me want to do for my associates what every mother wants to do for her children – what’s best for them.” – Mary Kay
29. “If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one.” – Hannah Whithall Smith
30. “As I learned from growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother.” – Prince William
31. “Grandmothers are wonderful ladies who always seem to place others in front of themselves.” – Anitapoems
32. “A Grandmother thinks of her grandchildren day and night, even when they are not with her. She will always love them more than anyone would understand.” – Karen Gibbs
33. “There aren’t too many things that are more comforting on this earth than a hug from grandma.” – Anitapoems
34. “What a wonderful contribution our grandmothers and grandfathers can make if they will share some of the rich experiences and their testimonies with their children and grandchildren.” – Vaughn J. Featherstone
35. “My grandma once said that grief is the price we pay for love.” – Prince William
Funny Grandma Quotes
Not every quote has to be some deep thought – it can also include a little bit of silliness since grandparents are always fond of humor, especially when it comes from their grandkids.
That sort is always guaranteed to make them laugh, especially your granny.
Here are a few good examples:
1. “Don’t eat anything your grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.” – Michael Pollan
2. “What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars’ worth of pleasure.” – Gene Perret
3. “Being pretty on the inside means you don’t hit your brother and you eat all your peas – that’s what my grandma taught me.” – Lord Chesterfield
4. “If God had intended us to follow recipes, He wouldn’t have given us grandmothers.” – Linda Henley
5. “There’s no place like home except Grandma’s.” – Unknown
6. “The best babysitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.” – Dave Barry
7. “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.” – Ellen DeGeneres
8. “Never have children, only grandchildren.” – Gore Vidal
9. “No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.” – Unknown
When it comes to grandma quotes, there are so many ways to think of a really good one that your grandparent is sure to appreciate.
They can be short or long, as simple or as complex as you want them to be – either way, your grandma is still going to think it’s the most thoughtful gesture ever.
All that matters is that your grandma feels as though you’re keeping her in your thoughts even when life gets busy.
But still, make sure to give her a visit every now and then!
And, don’t forget that both grandpa and grandma won’t be around forever, so use every moment that you can to be around them, even for a little while.
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.