Seeing your child become a parent is one of the most incredible things you can experience in life.
Parents live for their children and grandparents live for their grandkids.
To celebrate this special bond, I’ve collected some of the most beautiful grandchildren quotes for you here.
A grandchild is one of the greatest gifts for grandparents and vice versa, and those who have grandparents and great-grandparents are truly blessed.
If you’re looking for a sweet way to honor your grandchildren, check out these wonderful grandparents and grandchildren quotes!
Heartwarming Grandchildren Quotes
Every parent loves their child, but the bond between grandparents and their grandchildren is on a whole other level.
This special bond is best described through these wonderful grandkids quotes, which show just how important grandchildren are to your parents:
1. “Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent.” – Donald A. Norberg
2. “Having grandkids is a blessing. Helping to shape their lives is an honor.” – Unknown
3. “If our children are a blessing, then our children’s children must be a gift from God.” – Unknown
4. “A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.” – Charles and Ann Morse
5. “There’s nothing like a grandchild to put a smile on your face, a lump in your throat, and a warm feeling in your heart.” – Unknown
6. “My grandkids are more than just my grandkids. They’re the greatest blessing in my life.” – Unknown
7. “Your children are your rainbows and your grandchildren are your pot of gold.” – Unknown
8. “When I count my blessings, I count my grandchildren twice.” – Unknown
9. “One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever been given is my grandchildren.” – Unknown
10. “The joy of grandchildren is measured in the heart.” – Unknown
11. “Grandchildren make the world a little softer, a little warmer, a little kinder.” – Unknown
12. “Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation.” – Lois Wyse
13. “Our greatest blessings call us Grandma and Grandpa.” – Unknown
14. “Grandchildren fill a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown
Funny Grandchildren Quotes
Grandparents can be real jokers, especially when they’re around their grandkids.
Silly quotes on grandchildren show the hilarious side of being a grandparent, and I’m sure your parents will have a good laugh when they read these:
1. “The idea that no one is perfect is a view most commonly held by people with no grandchildren.” – Doug Larson
2. “Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.” – Doug Larson
3. “Never have children, only grandchildren.” – Gore Vidal
4. “Grandchildren: the only people who can get more out of you than the IRS.” – Gene Perret
5. “The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.” – Sam Levenson
6. “Dearer than our children are the children of our children.” – Unknown
7. “Elephants and grandchildren never forget.” – Andy Rooney
8. “An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again. Any longer than that, and you start to age too quickly.” – Unknown
9. “They say genes skip a generation. Maybe that’s why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable.” – Joan McIntosh
10. “My grandkids believe I’m the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too.” – Gene Perret
11. “Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.” – Unknown
12. “What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars worth of pleasure.” – Gene Perret
13. “Grandchildren are the reward you get for keeping their parents alive.” – Unknown
14. “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” – Ogden Nash
15. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.” – Pam Brown
16. “Your sons weren’t made to like you. That’s what grandchildren are for.” – Jane Smiley
17. “Grandchildren are called ‘grand’ for a reason.” – Unknown
18. “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” – Sam Levenson
19. “All grandchildren are brilliant and beautiful, and obviously, take after their grandparents.” – Unknown
20. “Do you know why grandchildren are always so full of energy? They suck it out of their grandparents.” – Gene Perret
21. “If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first.” – Lois Wyse
Loving Grandparent And Grandchildren Quotes
A grandparent cares about their grandchild just as much as a parent, but they show it in a slightly different way.
They love to spoil their grandchildren, give them too much candy, and then send them home to their parents when they’re still hyped up on sugar!
Regardless of whether you have a grandson or granddaughter, I’m sure you know exactly what I’m talking about!
Each grandparent and grandchild quote from this list describes that special relationship, which is full of love, fun, and pure happiness:
1. “Uncles and aunts, and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all.” – Fanny Fern
2. “Grandchildren are a gift from above: one to cherish and to love.” – Unknown
3. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.” – Welsh Proverb
4. “With your own children, you love them immediately – and with grandchildren, it’s exactly the same.” – Kevin Whately
5. “Simple moments with your grandchildren often become the most priceless memories.” – Unknown
6. “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your grandchildren.” – Unknown
7. “What children need the most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, and lessons in life.” – Rudy Giuliani
8. “Grandchildren complete life’s circle of love.” – Unknown
Motivational Grandparents Quotes
It’s safe to say that grandchildren are a great motivation for grandparents.
Most older people say they’re tired and unable to enjoy life to the fullest until they meet those little bundles of joy.
Here are some inspirational quotes for grandma and grandpa that will motivate them to stay strong, youthful, and even become more eco-conscious:
1. “For the sake of our health, our children and grandchildren and even our economic well-being, we must make protecting the planet our top priority.” – David Suzuki
2. “Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends – and hardly ever our own grown children.” – Ruth Goode
3. “Grandchildren give us a second chance to do things better because they bring out the best in us.” – Unknown
4. “Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old.” – Mary H. Waldrip
5. “My grandchildren may not have everything they want in this world, but they have a grandma who loves them more than anything in the world.” – Unknown
6. “I wouldn’t change my grandchildren for the world. But I wish I could change the world for my grandchildren.” – Unknown
7. “The grandchildren should not bear the debts of the grandparents.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
8. “Grandchildren restore our zest for life and our faith in humanity.” – Unknown
9. “Grandchildren are loving reminders of what we’re really here for.” – Janet Lanese
Grandparents Missing Grandchildren Quotes
Unfortunately, there are many grandparents who don’t have the chance to be near their grandchildren as often as they’d like.
However, there are no obstacles when it comes to love – even if they’re miles away, a grandparents’ love stays the same.
Here are some of the most touching quotes about grandparents who miss their grandchildren:
1. “When my arms can’t reach my grandchildren, I hug them with my prayers.” – Unknown
2. “Side by side or miles apart, grandchildren are always close to the heart.” – Unknown
3. “To my grandkids… I may not see you or talk to you every day but I think of you and love you every day!” – Unknown
4. “Grandchildren: my favorite hello and my hardest goodbye.” – Unknown
5. “Dear Grandkids, when I close my eyes I see you. When I open my eyes I miss you.” – Unknown
6. “Distance will never decrease my love for my grandkids.” – Unknown
7. “A grandparent thinks about their grandchild every day and night and will love them in a way they will never understand.” – Unknown
8. “A grandchild’s hug lasts long after they let go.” – Unknown
9. “Even when my grandchildren are not in my arms, on my lap, or in my home they are in my heart and will stay there forever.” – Unknown
10. “My grandkids are always in my heart, in my prayers, and on my mind.” – Unknown
I hope you have found at least a few grandchildren quotes that you’d like to share with your loved ones.
P.S. These quotes can also be used for a Grandparents’ Day card!
Don’t forget to celebrate grandmas on Mother’s Day either – even a small gift or a handwritten note will make them feel super happy and appreciated.
And whether you have grandchildren or are a grandchild yourself, make sure to treasure these moments with your closest family members and never take them for granted!
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.