Can’t find the right words to express your emotions to your granddad? Well, you’re in the right place because I’ve gathered the most beautiful grandpa quotes for you to choose from!
There are plenty of wonderful grandpa quotes that perfectly describe that special relationship between a grandfather and his grandchild.
Grandma and grandpa are the second most important people in your life, right after your parents.
Essentially, they’re like mom and dad – they love and care about you, but they also let you do things your parents probably wouldn’t.
To be honest, grandpas typically turn into little boys that are extremely excited to play with their grandchild as soon as he’s born.
Granddads are usually considered the funnier and more relaxed versions of dad.
The reason they’re so laid back is because they learned from their parenting mistakes and won’t let the same happen with their grandkids.
If you have a cool grandfather that you love, I’m sure he’ll adore these amazing grandpa quotes that show just how much you love and appreciate him!
Best Grandfather Quotes
Sometimes, it’s hard to find the right words to describe how you feel about your grandpa, especially during occasions like his birthday, holidays, or while trying to pick out the perfect gift for Father’s Day.
Here are some of the best quotes that describe the importance of grandpa’s role in your life:
1. “Every parent knows that children look at their grandparents as a source of wisdom and security.” – David Jeremiah
2. “You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.” – Abraham Lincoln
3. “My grandfather was smart and had a whole lot of pride. He didn’t speak a terrible amount, but you could tell there was a ton on his mind – like a quiet acceptance of how life had turned out.” – Frank Ocean
4. “Grandfathers do have a special place in the lives of their children’s children. They can delight and play with them and even indulge them in ways that they did not indulge their own children. Grandfather knows that after the fun and games are over with his adorable
grandchildren he can return to the quiet of his own home and peacefully reflect on this phenomenon of fatherhood.” – Alvin F. Poussaint
5. “You are a terrific grandfather, father, and husband. Thank you for everything you’ve done for all of us.” – Unknown
6. “Grandpa is like a dad with less rules.” – Unknown
7. “Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers.” – Lewis Mumford
8. “Being a grandfather is one of the true joys of life; it is an awesome time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
9. “Great fathers get promoted to grandfathers.” – Unknown
10. “My grandfather did a lot of things in his life. What he was most proud of was raising his family.” – Tagg Romney
11. “Not a tenth of us who are in business are doing as well as we could if we merely followed the principles that were known to our grandfathers.” – William Feather
12. “Love is the greatest gift that one generation can leave another.” – Richard Garnett
13. “Grandparenting is our consummate opportunity to serve rather than to be served, to love without taking offense, and to cheerlead and hand-hold those who come behind.” – Marty Norman
14. “My grandfather was a wonderful role model. Through him, I got to know the gentle side of men.” – Sarah Long
15. “My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn.” – Louis Adamic
16. “Being an exceptional grandfather is not about changing your grandkids. It is about changing yourself.” – Eyre Richard
Sweet Grandpa Quotes
The bond between a grandpa and a grandkid is unbreakable, mostly because grandparents have more patience for kids than their parents.
If you want to show your love towards your granddad in a sweet way, there’s no better way to do it than using one of these beautiful love quotes:
1. “There is no grandfather who does not adore his grandchildren.” – Victor Hugo
2. “A grandfather has the wisdom of long experience and the love of an understanding heart.” – Unknown
3. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.” – Welsh Proverb
4. “To be able to watch your children’s children grow up is truly a blessing from above.” – Byron Pulsifer
5. “When I think of all the blessings in my life, Grandpa, you are right there at the very top of the list!” – Unknown
6. “A grandfather makes us laugh, makes us feel safe, and always makes us feel loved.” – Kate Summers
7. “One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.” – Joy Hargrove
8. “Greatest happiness is a grandpa hug.” – Unknown
9. “Grandfathers are wonderful, grandfathers are kind, grandfathers are special, and I’m happy you are mine!” – Unknown
10. “Grandpas bring a little wisdom, happiness, warmth, and love to every life they touch.” – Unknown
11. “A baby has a way of making a man out of his father and a boy out of his grandfather.” – Angie Papadakis
12. “Grandpa got us up early, otherwise we might miss something. Sunsets, he loved ’em. Made us love ’em.” – Lucille Ball
13. “Grandpas are the wise ole ones that are cuddly as a bear, who always have a neat new trick and story yet to share.” – Katherine E. Harmon
14. “Grandpa, how much do you love grandma?’ ‘Even in our late sixties, that smile on her wrinkled cheeks still gives me butterflies.’” – Abhi
15. “A grandfather is not just a role model, but also our best friend.” – Unknown
16. “Grandpa, your guiding hand will be on my shoulder forever.” – Unknown
17. “A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.” – Unknown
18. “Grandpa has ears that truly listen, arms that always hold, love that’s never-ending, and a heart that’s made of gold.” – Unknown
19. “Recently I was tenderly hugging one of our precious little five-year-old granddaughters and said to her, ‘I love you, sweetheart.’ She responded rather blandly: ‘I know.’ I asked, ‘How do you know that I love you?’ ‘Because! You’re my grandfather!’” – Russell M. Nelson
20. “Grandpas always have time for you when everyone else is too busy.” – Unknown
21. “Grandfathers are magicians who create wonderful memories for their grandchildren.” – Unknown
22. “My best memory to recall is the gift of your presence, the greatest gift of all.” – Rebecca D. Cook
23. “Grandpa, you made my childhood unforgettable. I love you.” – Unknown
24. “The closest friends I made all through life have been people who also grew up close to a loved and loving grandmother or grandfather.” – Margaret Mead
25. “My Granddad was very protective of his family, and always wanted the best for us.” – Naomi Dowdy
Funny Grandpa Quotes
Most kids would describe grandfathers as funny and loving family members who’ll never disappoint or make you sad.
Truth be told, grandmas also like to spoil their grandkids rotten but grandfathers usually turn into mischievous little boys when their grandkids are around and do everything to make their little ones laugh.
These funny quotes about grandfathers show the hilarious side that children adore:
1. “To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word ‘boo’.” – Robert Brault
2. “Grandfathers have a really tough time saying no to their grandkids.” – Unknown
3. “Grandfathers know a lot. I know this because I am a grandfather and I feel like I know a lot of things, and frankly, I’m rarely wrong.” – Blaine Pardoe
4. “Grandfathers are for loving and fixing things.” – Unknown
5. “Grandchildren don’t stay young forever, which is good because grandfathers only have so many horsy rides in them.” – Gene Perret
6. “Grandfathers are just antique little boys.” – Unknown
7. “God blessed me with the best grandpa! Just don’t say that to grandma.” – Unknown
8. “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” – Sam Levenson
9. “No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.” – Unknown
10. “Being a grandparent is one of the best feelings you will ever have. It can even be the best time of your life. Your kids are grown. There’s time for you. Now you can have fun!” – Janet Steele
Inspirational Quotes About Grandpas
The experience and knowledge our grandparents have acquired throughout their lives can be the greatest motivation for future generations.
No matter where you come from, I’m sure your grandparents have had some challenges in their life.
Therefore, the lessons they teach us are extremely valuable and should be passed on to future generations, as well.
These quotes describe a grandfather as a special person in a grandchild’s life whose experiences serve as lessons for younger generations:
1. “I was taught by my grandfather that anything that your mind can conceive, you can have. It’s a reality.” – Lenny Kravitz
2. “Grandfathers give us not only wisdom and encouragement, but they are an inspiration to us.” – Kate Summers
3. “My grandfather was a man, when he talked about freedom, his attitude was really interesting. His view was that you had obligations or you had responsibilities, and when you fulfilled those obligations or responsibilities, that then gave you the liberty to do other things.” – Clarence Thomas
4. “My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” – Indira Gandhi
5. “My grandfather taught me how important it is to have your eyes open, because you never know what’s going to come your way.” – Bobbi Brown
6. “My grandfather has a big influence on me; without him, I wouldn’t be where I am now.” – Angelique Kerber
7. “Our land is everything to us…. I will tell you one of the things we remember on our land. We remember that our grandfathers paid for it – with their lives.” – John Wooden
8. “More and more, when I single out the person out who inspired me most, I go back to my grandfather.” – James Earl Jones
9. “One thing you always taught me, grandfather, is that patience which is the length of time is better than anything, there is no reason to rush in life, better things come with patience.” – Nicole Gopher Mampuy
Family quotes are the best way to show your love and appreciation to a close relative, be it your parent, grandparent, or anyone else you feel really close to.
There are tons of beautiful mom and dad quotes that can be used to express your emotions for birthdays, anniversaries, or any other special dates.
However, your grandparents should also be treated to heartfelt Christmas and Grandparents Day messages.
Instead of sending your granddad another one-line text, choose one of these wonderful and heartwarming grandpa quotes that’ll make him feel special.
I’m sure you’ve found at least two or three grandpa quotes that you could forward to your grandfather that remind you of that special bond that you share.
Sometimes, all we need is just a little bit of recognition and appreciation – you’ll be amazed by what one little cute quote can do!
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.