Being away from your child can be devastating for a parent, especially if they are dealing with it for the first time.
These missing out on your child’s life quotes can really help you come to terms with your feelings and process them better.
Most missing out on your child’s life quotes help depict how strong a father or a mother’s love is for their children, and how much it can affect them when they’re not with them and present to witness their child’s growth.
It’s a feeling that every parent eventually experiences, especially when their child grows up and moves out.
It can feel somewhat scary at times, even harrowing, but at the end of the day you learn to accept your child isn’t a child anymore.
You learn they’re a capable and responsible adult who no longer needs your assistance.
They might always be your little one at heart, but it’s bad for both your own mental health and your child’s to still treat them as such even when they get older.
Believe me when I say you’re not alone in this, every parent has to go through this every single day after their child takes off to build a life and a family of their own.
You’ll also find these inspirational quotes to be helpful if you’re co-parenting and aren’t around your kids all the time.
Raising kids with a former partner or spouse is a lot of hard work, and it can be even harder when you feel like you’re missing out on your children’s most important moments in life.
Read on to discover some of the best parenting quotes that depict all of these feelings.
Missing Out On Your Child’s Life Quotes
Here’s a collection of the most memorable missing out on your child’s life quotes and quotes about being away from home:
1. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” – Terry Pratchett
2. “I miss my kids sometimes and that can get me down when I’ve been away working, but then I wake up and recognize how incredibly lucky I am. Spending time being down is less time out there achieving and enjoying.” – Sean Combs
3. “It’s always nice to have someone in your life who can make you smile even when they’re not around.” – Anonymous
4. “The ache for home lives in all of us. The place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.” – Maya Angelou
5. “The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.” – Thomas Jefferson
6. “You may no longer be small, or need my help for all, but you’ll always need love from my heart, especially when we are apart.” – Anonymous
7. “Missing someone is part of loving them. Not until you are apart do you realize how much they mean to you.” – Nikhil Saluja
8. “Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
9. “We may be miles apart, but our love and affection unites us.” – Anonymous
10. “Even though my lap is too small, my heart will always have enough room for you.” – Anonymous
11. “Maybe you had to leave in order to really miss a place; maybe you had to travel to figure out how beloved your starting point was.” – Jodi Picoult
12. “My love for you is like an invisible elastic band. No matter how far you go, we are connected.” – Anonymous
13. “I know you must walk your own path, but let my love be the light to guide you.” – Anonymous
14. “I would really like to spend more time with the family. Every time I go abroad I miss them all dreadfully.” – Jilly Cooper
15. “Homesickness is not always a vague, nostalgic, almost beautiful emotion, although that is somehow the way we always seem to picture it in our mind. It can be a terribly keen blade…It can change the way one looks at the world.” – Stephen King (The Body)
16. “As a family, we make – not take – time for each other. That is the key to a strong chain even though some links don’t touch.” – Anonymous
17. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)
18. “Home is wherever you leave everything you love and never question that it will be there when you return.” – Leo Christopher
19. “You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family.” – Anita Baker
20. “Missing you comes in waves, tonight I’m drowning.” – Anonymous
21. “I said to myself, ‘I’ve waited a long time in my life to have a child, and I’m missing it, I want to continue to have a career, but not this way.’” – Karen Allen
22. “I recognize the amount of time that it takes as a director. I made the choice to stop taking roles outside of L.A. because I didn’t want to miss any of my child’s life.” – Regina King
23. “Missing someone isn’t about how long it has been since you’ve seen them or the amount of time since you’ve talked. It’s about that very moment when you’re doing something and wishing they were right there with you.” – Anonymous
24. “Be a part of my kid’s life or not. I won’t beg you. You’re missing out, not them. Just don’t get mad when they don’t know who you are.” – Anonymous
25. “Distance gives us a reason to love harder.” – Anonymous
26. “Days were better when we were together.” – Anonymous
Long-Distance Family Quotes
1. “You can’t see air, but you need it to breathe and it is always there. Likewise, your family may not be in sight, but we need each other and will always be there.” – Anonymous
2. “Near or far, we’re only separated by car. As long as we exist, there is no distance across which our family can’t persist.” – Anonymous
3. “When times are hard, when your friends turn against you and your luck seems to fail, know that I will always be just a phone call away.” – Anonymous
4. “You can put miles between you and your family but you carry them with you; you live in a world and a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner
5. “There’s no shame in feeling homesick. It means you come from a happy home.” – Mrs. Hughes (Downton Abbey)
6. “No matter where we each stand, together we can look upon the same sun, the same moon, and the same sky, so we are forever one family.” – Anonymous
7. “The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.” – Wendy Wunder
8. “Keeping a family together is like building a puzzle. It may be hard to gather all the pieces, but once gathered, they fit together seamlessly.” – Anonymous
9. “Families are like branches on a tree. We grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.” – Anonymous
10. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” – George Burns
Beautiful Family Quotes
1. “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” – George Bernard Shaw
2. “Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family.” – Paul Pearsall
3. “A mother discovers that one does not love one’s children just because they are one’s children but of the friendship formed while raising them.” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
4. “In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past, the bridge to our future.” – Alex Haley
5. “I sustain myself with the love of family.” – Maya Angelou
6. “You deserve the best I have to give, and that’s my undying love as long as you shall live.” – Anonymous
7. “People come and go in our lives, but the beauty of life is that our family is always there.” – Catherine Pulsifer
8. “Getting together as a family is like putting all the chapters in a book, you need each member for the family to make sense.” – Anonymous
9. “Close together or far apart, you’re forever in my heart.” – Anonymous
10. “That’s what people who love you do. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable.” – Deb Caletti
11. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.” – Anthony Brandt
12. “Having a place to go – is a home. Having someone to love – is a family. Having both – is a blessing.” – Donna Hedges
13. “Families are the compasses that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” – Brad Henry
14. “Your family love must be cultivated. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.” – Jim Rohn
15. “The time you spend with family keeps your inner clock running.” – Anonymous
16. “This is part of what a family is about; knowing that they will be there watching out for you. Nothing else will give you that.” – Mitch Albom
17. “Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there anymore.” – Robin Hobb
18. “Family is the most important thing in the world.” – Princess Diana
19. “The family is a haven in a heartless world.” – Christopher Lasch
20. “Ohana means family – no one gets left behind, and no one is ever forgotten.” – Chris Sanders & Dean DeBlois (Lilo & Stitch)
21. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” – Michael J. Fox
22. “I do think that families are the most beautiful things in all the world!” – Louisa May Alcott
23. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other.” – Mario Puzo
24. “Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to.” – John Ed Pearce
25. “Family traditions counter alienation and confusion. They help us define who we are; they provide something steady, reliable, and safe in a confusing world.” – Susan Lieberman
Reading high-quality missing out on your child’s life quotes can have a variety of effects on a person.
Some find them motivational, while others find them somewhat depressing, but whatever the case may be, you should never give up on yourself or your family.
You’re not a bad mom for caring about your kids or for letting them be independent, you’re a strong woman.
The same goes for your partner, he’s not a bad dad, he’s just trying to show his love and support for his kids.
And if you’ve been reading these missing out on your child’s life quotes because you share custody of your children with an ex, or because your career makes it difficult to spend enough time at home, I hope they were able to make you feel better.
Just remember to have a positive mindset and don’t fall into the trap of developing an “I don’t care!” attitude – you’re not a narcissist.
Instead, show your young children that you love them in any way you can.
You can even send them an “I love you!” text every day so they know they’re in your thoughts.
If you feel like you’re really struggling, talk to a trusted family member or even an in-law about how you feel.
After all, no collection of love quotes or family quotes can replace a good conversation.
Remember that your kids will always be there for you, no matter how far away you live, they’ll still send pics of how they’re doing, they’ll send you gifts for Mother’s Day, and share funny memes with you.
I know deep down that you know what’s best for your child, but you won’t always be there for them, mamma.
Let them be independent and go through their own journey of self-development.
I trust that you can do it.
Until next time, mammas.
Like this post? Please share or pin it for later. You can also stay in the loop and follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.