Mothers and daughters have a special relationship full of love and understanding that is simply unexplainable to others.
In honor of that special bond, here is a collection of beautiful mom daughter quotes.
A mother is a daughter’s rock and her biggest support in life, and a daughter is the most beautiful and precious gift from God to her mother.
They’re each other’s best friends and most reliable confidants. A mother cares and protects her daughter strongly, and a daughter always looks up to her mom when she needs help or advice.
They share a special bond that nothing and no one in the entire world can ever break. The love they feel for each other is the purest and the most powerful kind of love.
That kind of love is unconditional, honest, and eternal. There is no obstacle that can weaken that love, not even death. It’s truly a forever kind of love.
This list of mom daughter quotes will remind you to nurture and celebrate this special bond and powerful love every single day.
Inspirational Mom Daughter Quotes
This collection of beautiful, inspirational mom daughter quotes describes how special and strong the bond between a mother and a daughter truly is. It’s like a powerful force that no one but them can understand.
1. “A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of herself. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.” – Victoria Secunda
2. “The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life […] the stronger the daughter.” – Anita Diamant
3. “A loving and careful mother both recognizes and even protects her daughter’s autonomy and also helps her dance out confidently on to a wider stage.” – Rachel Billington
4. “It’s a special bond that spans the years. Through laughter, worry, smiles and tears. A sense of trust that can’t be broken, a depth of love sometimes unspoken. A lifelong friendship built on sharing, hugs and kisses, warmth and caring. Mother and daughter their hearts as one, a link that can never be undone.” – Unknown
5. “The only love between a mother and a daughter can’t be changed and only this love has no limits. It grows with every single day and never fades.” – Unknown
6. “The relationship between parents and children, but especially between mothers and daughters, is tremendously powerful, scarcely to be comprehended in any rational way.” – Joyce Carol Oates
7. “Mothering is a mysterious task. First you create an intimate, all-consuming attachment with your daughter, then you spend the rest of your life learning to let her go.” – Judy Ford
8. “‘Parents exist in children,’ Grandmother said to bolster my confidence. ‘Your mother will always exist in you. She will give you strength wherever you go.” – Lisa See
9. “The living mother-daughter relationship, you learn over and over again, is a constant choice between adaption and acceptance.” – Kelly Corrigan
10. “The greatest gift every mother can have is a daughter. Someone who sings with her, who helps in cleaning the house and someone, she can be with her most of the time.” – Unknown
11. “Being a mother and grandmother is the best of the best in my life. My grandchildren multiply the joy my daughters bring me.” – Alexandra Stoddard
12. “A mom is a daughter’s ‘first’ friend. And, through life, becomes her best friend.” – Vicki Reece
13. “I think about following her, but I want to give Zoe a minute alone with her mother. I want them to have the shift and redistribution of their relationship that I never got to have with my own mom, that acrobatic feat of love where everything is turned upside down and yet they are both still able to keep their balance.” – Jodi Picoult
14. “Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few rank with hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth.” – Victoria Secunda
15. “All mother’s characteristics are absorbed by daughter’s personality so that it’s not clear where the mother ends and the daughter begins. It’s pure magic.” – Unknown
16. “Whenever something bothered me, I never had to tell her. She’d tell me. And when I’d try to convince her otherwise, she’d look at me and say, ‘Brett, you’re forgetting, I made you. I’m the one person you can’t fool.’” – Lori Nelson Spielman
17. “No matter how old you are, you always want your mother’s love and acceptance. I guess I’m hoping one day I’ll get it back.” – Hilary Grossman
18. “Mothers, look after your daughters, keep them near you, keep their confidence – that they may be true and faithful.” – Elmina S. Taylor
19. “A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, ‘Where mother is.'” – Keith L. Brooks
20. “A mother teaches her daughter how to feel about herself, about handling pressure, about relishing life’s joys and conquering fears.” – Melissa Harrison
21. “A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend.” — Unknown
22. “So, after much observation, I realized that our daughters needed the same things we lacked in our younger years… wisdom. Without wisdom, we continue to blunder through life repeating the same mistakes.” — Laura Alexander
23. “Mothers of daughters are daughters of mothers and have remained so, in circles joined to circles, since time began.” — Signe Hammer
24. “What I wanted most for my daughter was that she be able to soar confidently in her own sky, wherever that might be, and if there was space for me as well, I would, indeed, have reaped what I had tried to sow.” — Helen Claes
25. “Daughters can sometimes be too serious, teach them to laugh and not take life too seriously.” — Catherine Pulsifer
26. “We’ve gotta start teaching our daughters to be somebodies instead of somebody’s.” — Kifah Shah
Short Daughter & Mother Quotes
1. “Mother and daughter never truly part, maybe in distance but never in heart.” – Unknown
2. “It was easy for me to not feel beautiful in a world of prom queens, yet my mother was always reminding me of how worthy I was. I was a lucky daughter.” – Brittainy C. Cherry
3. “My mom taught me a woman’s mind should be the most beautiful part of her.” – Sonya Teclai
4. “Daughter is a girl who eventually grows up to be her mom’s best friend.” – Unknown
5. “There is nothing more powerful than a mother’s love for her daughter and there is nothing more healing than daughter’s gratitude.” – Unknown
6. “A mother and a daughter have one soul for two, which can’t be broken by time, obstacles, distance and insults.” – Unknown
7. “Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter.” – Caitlin Houston
8. “Mothers and daughters are closest when daughters become mothers.” – Unknown
9. “A mother and a daughter always share a special bond, which is engraved on their hearts.” – Unknown
10. “We mothers are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
11. “The mother-daughter relationship is the most complex.” – Wynonna Judd
12. “A mother is the only person in the world, who can turn daughter’s worries and fears into happiness.” – Unknown
13. “Only a mother can understand a daughter who’s in her teen age. Treats her same and most especially loves her the same.” – Unknown
14. “A mother is a daughter’s best friend.” – Unknown
15. “As is the mother, so is her daughter.” – (Ezekiel 16:44)
16. “A mother’s treasure is her daughter.” – Catherine Pulsifer
17. “A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem.” – Naomi Wolf
18. “Happiness is mother and daughter time.” – Unknown
19. “The love between a mother and daughter is FOREVER.” – Unknown
20. “Mother-daughter disagreements were, in hindsight, basically mother stating the truth and daughter taking her own sweet time coming around.” – Barbara Delinsky
21. “Mother and daughter from the start, best friends forever from the heart.” – Unknown
22. “A mother’s and daughter’s love is never separated.” – Viola Shipman
23. “My mother told me two things constantly. One was to be a lady, and the other was to be independent.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
24. “A daughter makes a mother’s life brighter and the mother makes daughter’s life warmer.” – Unknown
25. “As they get older, our daughters become more and more like us too.” – Amy Newmark
26. “No daughter and mother ever live apart, no matter what the distance between them.” – Christie Watson
27. “No one in this world can love a girl more than her mother.” – Unknown
28. “I like it when my mother smiles. And I especially like it when I make her smile.” – Adriana Trigiani
29. “Many people may be replaced in daughter’s life, but nobody can take the mother’s place.” – Unknown
30. “Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with.” – Melia Keeton-Digby
31. “Of course mothers and daughters with strong personalities might see the world from very different points of view.” – Katherine Howe
32. “A mother holds her daughter’s hand for a little while, but holds her heart forever.” – Unknown
33. “What the daughter does, the mother did.” — Jewish Proverb
34. “Raising a daughter is like growing a flower. You give it your best. If you’ve done your job well, she blooms. And after that, she leaves.” — Unknown
35. “The best music I have ever heard is the sound of my daughter’s giggling.” — Deasish Mridha
36. “Mother and daughter are like spoons in a drawer.” — Maggie Stiefvater
37. “He who has daughters is always a shepherd.” — Thomas Jefferson
38. “Good daughters make good mothers.” — Abigail G. Whittlesey
Funny Mother Daughter Quotes
1. “What’s it like to have the greatest daughter in the world? I don’t know, ask your grandmother.” – Unknown
2. “It’s quite possible my daughter will disagree with this version altogether. She might say that I’ve put words into her mouth. Show me a mother who hasn’t.” – Kimberly King Parsons
3. “By the time you realize your mother was right, you have a daughter who thinks that you’re wrong.” – Sada Malhotra
4. “Having a little girl has been like following an old treasure map with the important paths torn away.” – Heather Gudenkauf
5. “My mom is literally a part of me. You can’t say that about many people except relatives, and organ donors.” – Carrie Latet
6. “I smile because I’m your daughter, I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.” – Unknown
7. “I told my mom she was invading my personal space and she said I came out of her personal space.” – Unknown
8. “Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.” — Clementine Paddleford
Touching Mother To Daughter Quotes
1. “In addition to helping the girls parse the world, and all its awful truths – time only goes one way, things end, affections wax and wane – I was the sole distributor of the strongest currency they would ever know: maternal love.” – Kelly Corrigan
2. “To my daughter I will say, ‘See your beauty without a compliment or a mirror.'” – Unknown
3. “A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer.” – Unknown
4. “My daughters are the bouquet of my life.” – Barbara W. Bansley
5. “My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along.” – Denise van Outen
6. “A mother-daughter bond is the perfect blessing, so that makes me one blessed mom, because I have YOU.” – Stephanie Lahart
7. “Life is tough my darling, but so are you.” – Stephanie Bennet Henry
8. “I never want her to think that the whole world revolves around her. But I want her to know, without doubt, that my whole world does.” – Unknown
9. “You’re a very special lady, who showered me with love. I am thankful for you as I’ve told God above.” – Charly Lester
10. “My daughter makes me laugh with her incredibly humorous take on the world. Everything makes her laugh, and I aspire to take in the world the same shoes she does.” – Unknown
11. “A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous… Full of beauty and forever beautiful… Loving and caring and truly amazing.” – Deanna Beisser
12. “I can see my daughter as a successful woman, a fighter, and a very good person. I always believe in her. I love how she becomes exactly like me. I only hope she will be a better mom than me.” – Unknown
13. “To my daughter. Never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the woman I know you can be.” – Unknown
14. “I’ll be her first role model, her first friend and her first love. I am her mom and she is my whole world. She is my little girl.” – Unknown
15. “A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.” – Unknown
16. “My highest hope for her is just that she has the fearlessness to always be her authentic self, no matter what she thinks men want her to be.” – Channing Tatum
17. “On the darkest days, when I feel inadequate, unloved and unworthy, I remember whose daughter I am and I straighten my crown.” – Unknown
18. “Her smile makes me smile. Her laugh is infectious. Her heart is pure and true. Above all, I love that she is my daughter.” – Unknown
19. “My daughter makes me laugh with her incredibly humorous take on the world. Everything makes her laugh, and I aspire to take in the world the same shoes she does.” – Unknown
20. “To my beautiful daughter, always remember: You are brave, you are capable, you are pretty, and you can accomplish ANYTHING your heart desires! I know this because I am your mother.” – Unknown
21. “A daughter is God’s way of saying, ‘Thought you could use a lifelong friend.'” – Unknown
22. “As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire.” – Jessica Kirkland
23. “I am not a perfect mother and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be. But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be.” – Zoraida Pesante
24. “Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes and the objects of our most watchful love.” – Margaret E. Sangster
25. “No matter how old you get, you’ll always be my baby girl.” – Unknown
26. “My daughter, while we have had adversity, we also have had more sweet memories that allow us to overcome the challenges we faced.” – Ann Butler
27. “A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.” – Laurel Atherton
28. “You are such a beautiful girl, and I’m so proud of the incredible way that you are growing up. Even at such a young age, you are full of wisdom, kindness, compassion, and courage.” – Unknown
29. “She is my heart, my soul, my ‘best thing that ever happened to me,’ the source of many laughs and a few tears. She is my daughter and she is my world.” – Unknown
30. “A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.” – Bruce Barton
31. “If I could give my daughter 3 things, it would be the confidence to always know her self-worth, the strength to chase her dreams and the ability to know how truly, deeply loved she is.” – Unknown
32. “It’s your job as a parent to help your daughter identify her purpose, develop her talents, and learn how to get along with people. It’s not a high-paying or cushy job, but it is extremely rewarding and, in our opinion, one of the most important jobs you’ll ever do.” — Mary Anne Richey
33. “The golden rule of parenting is to always show your children the kind of person you want them to be. Remember that children are impressionable. If you wish to have a well-mannered, kind and honest daughter, do your best to show these characteristics to her.” — Elizabeth Roxas
34. “A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside and are always contagious, everything wonderful and precious and your love for her knows no bounds.” — Barbara Cage
35. “And the moon said to me — my darling daughter, you do not have to be whole in order to shine.” — Nichole McElhaney
Heart-Melting Daughter To Mother Quotes
If you’re struggling to find the right words to show your appreciation and the love you feel for your mother, these beautiful quotes can help to show her how grateful you truly are for everything she’s done and still does for you every day.
This collection of daughter mother quotes are also a perfect way to wish your mother a happy birthday. You could even use them in her Mother’s Day card.
1. “My mother was a force. She had little tolerance for fools, she kept her hair short and wore practical non-fussy clothes. Everything about her radiated confidence and calm.” – Michelle Obama, Becoming
2. “There were times when…I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” – Taylor Swift
3. “Why I came to have such quarrels with my mother, to hate and wish dead my mother, I don’t know. There was hardly anything she ever told me didn’t turn out to be true.” – Joyce Carol Oates, Man Crazy
4. “My mother is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.” – Graycie Harmon
5. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
6. “The older I get, the more I see the power of that young woman, my mother.” – Sharon Olds
7. “No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.” – Cardinal Mermillod
8. “My mother wanted me to be her wings, to fly as she never quite had the courage to do. I love her for that. I love the fact that she wanted to give birth to her own wings.” – Erica Jong
9. “In times of need, and in times of tears, in times of joy and in times of fears… there is mom. The one person who is always there.” – Heather Stillufsen
10. “The older I get, the more I see the power of that young woman, my mother.” – Sharon Olds
11. “If I turn into my mother, or even half the woman she is, I’ll consider my life a successful one.” – Unknown
12. “My mother, she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” – Jodi Picoult
13. “As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.” – Kristin Hannah
14. “One of the most important relationships we’ll have is the relationship we have with our mothers.” – Iyanla Vanzant
15. “I am a princess not because I have a prince, but because a queen raised me.” – Unknown
16. “The woman who is my best friend, my teacher, my everything: Mom.” – Sandra Vischer
17. “I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine. She helps me prosper and reach great heights.” – Terri Guillemets
18. “You were my home, Mother. I had no home but you.” – Janet Fitch
19. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” – Maya Angelou
20. “First my mother, forever my friend.” – Unknown
21. “I am a strong woman because a strong woman raised me.” – Unknown
22. “No one in your life will ever love you as your mother does. There is no love as pure, unconditional and strong as a mother’s love. And I will never be loved that way again.” – Hope Edelman
23. “Every day I become a little bit more like my mother… and I couldn’t be prouder.” – Anonymous
24. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
25. “My mother was like sand. The kind that warms you on a beach when you come shivering out of the cold water. The kind that clings to your body, leaving its impression on your skin to remind you where you’ve been and where you’ve come from.” – Clare Vanderpool
26. “A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.” — Unknown
27. “It’s the sweetest thing to be a parent of a daughter. When they hit their twenties, they become these love bugs that come back. It’s just so sweet.” — Garth Brooks
Missing Mom Quotes From Daughter
The love between a mother and her daughter is never-ending. It’s eternal.
Even when a mother passes away, she still remains alive in her daughter’s memory, her prayers, and most importantly, her heart.
If your mother has passed away, here are a few missing mom quotes from a daughter that will give you the comfort you need.
They’ll help you ease the pain and remind you that even though your mother isn’t physically with you anymore, she’ll always remain alive in your heart.
1. “I loved my mother too,’ I said. ‘I still do. That’s the thing it never goes away, even if the person does.” – Anna Carey
2. “I know everyone calls heaven so beautiful – because it has my mother. I miss you, mom.” – Unknown.
3. “Mom, I know you are listening from above. There’s nothing that I value more than your love. No matter where I am or what I’m doing, your memories will always keep me smiling.” – Unknown
4. “Mother was comfort. Mother was home. A girl who lost her mother was suddenly a tiny boat on an angry ocean. Some boats eventually floated ashore. And some boats, like me, seemed to float farther and farther from land.” – Ruta Sepetys
5. “Whenever I am missing you, I also remember how fortunate I was that you were in my life. I wouldn’t trade those moments for the world.” – Cindy Adkins
6. “A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones.” – Kristin Hannah
7. “I truly never learned what the words ‘I miss you’ were until I reached for my mom’s hand and it wasn’t there.” – Unknown
8. “When someone asks you where you come from, the answer is your mother…When your mother’s gone, you’ve lost your past. It’s so much more than love. Even when there’s no love, it’s so much more than anything else in your life. I did love my mother, but I didn’t know how much until she was gone.” – Anna Quindlen
9. “I have an angel watching over me. She is my mom.” – Unknown
10. “I miss the warmth of your gentle hug and the love I felt when my arms were wrapped around you. I miss seeing your beautiful smile and the sound of your voice saying my name. I miss hearing you say, ‘I love you,’ and me saying, ‘I love you’ in return.” – Millie P. Lorenz
11. “Mother, you left us beautiful memories, your love is still our guide, although we cannot see you, you’re always at our side.” – Unknown
12. “Maybe all over the world there were daughters who knew their mothers as young girls and old women, inside and out, deep. I wasn’t one of them. Even when I was a baby, my memory of her is being only halfway here.” – Jacqueline Woodson
13. “Loss of a mother can never be replaced, but the love of a mother can never be lost.” – Kelly Flannery
14. “No mother and daughter ever live apart, no matter what the distance between them.” — Christie Watson
The bond between a mother and her children is the strongest and most powerful one.
And the relationship between a mother and her daughter is simply the most special. They have a bond that nothing and no one can ever break.
These beautiful, heartwarming mom daughter quotes praise that bond and prove there is no such special and strong relationship as that between a mother and a daughter.
It’s the kind of love that can never fade away. There is no distance, no obstacle that would ever be able to weaken the bond between a mom and a daughter.
Why is that so? Because the love they feel for each other is unconditional and eternal, and the understanding and respect between them is also unmatched.
I hope these mom daughter quotes will inspire you to celebrate this special relationship – this strong, unbreakable bond.
- 154 Father And Daughter Quotes Showcasing The Unique Bond
- 120+ Beautiful I Love My Kids Quotes For Proud Parents
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure for more info.