There’s no bigger blessing than knowing that you’re having a new baby in the family. Whether you’re becoming a parent or a loved one is, preparing for the birth of a child is a magical and blissful experience that brings joy, love, and gratitude.
And new baby quotes remind you that no matter how overwhelming it may be, having a child is the ultimate blessing.
Some of these famous quotes have been around for years, and they always prove to be true.
They could serve as a daily reminder to help you feel grounded as you face your challenges as a new parent or if you’re helping a new parent throughout their journey with their precious jewels.
Newborn Baby Quotes
Newborn baby quotes could be printed and hung in a frame in the baby’s room. You can also prepare a customized notebook with all your little one’s progress to give it to him or her on their wedding day.
You might want to type a special quote, print it on a coffee mug, and give it to a mom or dad for them to enjoy their favorite drink when their first baby is finally asleep.
Or prepare a collection of quotes that express the love of a parent arranged for the baby shower.
Whatever you decide to do, these quotes acknowledge the miracle of birth and express the gratitude that everyone feels as they welcome a new member to the family.
1. “Babies are always more trouble than you thought and more wonderful.” – Charles Osgood
2. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” – Unknown
3. “Just like a plant needs light and space to grow, a child needs love and freedom to unfold.” – Sigrid Leo
4. “A grand adventure is about to begin.” – Winnie the Pooh
5. “Babies are like little suns that, in a magical way, bring warmth, happiness, and light into our lives.” – Kartini Diapari-Oengider
6. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
7. “I love these little people; and it is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us.” – Charles Dickens
8. “Having a baby is a life-changer. It gives you a whole other perspective on why you wake up every day.” – Taylor Hanson
9. “A baby is God’s opinion that life should go on.” – Carl Sandburg
10. “The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.” – Henry Ward Beecher
11. “Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give, the more you get, and the more you get, the more you feel like giving.” – Penelope Leach
12. “The most important thing that parents can teach their children is how to get along without them.” – Frank A. Clark
13. “The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts.” – Unknown
14. “Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God. Lucky the woman who knows the pangs of birth, for she has held a star.” – Larry Barreto
15. “With every newborn baby, a little sun rises.” – Irmgard Erath
16. “The amazing thing about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your own first priority.” – Olivia Wilde
17. “Babies are such a nice way to start people.” – Don Herold
18. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning
19. “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck, are the arms of your children.” – Altaf Ul Qadri
20. “You cannot buy happiness, happiness is born.” – Unknown
21. “Children are like a book which we should write in and which we should read.” – Peter Rosegger
22. “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.” – Angela Schwindt
23. “You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete.” – George Strait
24. “It may not always be easy, but you’re the love of my life. My heart is riding on a runaway train, you are the love of my life. Through all the pleasure and pain, from the moment I first saw you, I knew it right away. I knew that you were the love of my life. Simply the love of my life, you are the love. The great love of my life.” – Carly Simon
25. “A baby is a bundle of joy and a basket of love.” – Unknown
26. “It is a smile of a baby that makes life worth living.” – Debasish Mridha
27. “Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” – A. A. Milne
28. “His little hands stole my heart. His little feet ran away with it.” – Unknown
29. “So there’s this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me Mom.” – Unknown
30. “Let him sleep, for when he wakes up, he will move mountains.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
31. “Everybody always tells you what an awesome and unique experience being a parent is. Words can never do the feeling justice.” – Eric Church
32. “Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
33. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” – Eda J. Le Shan.
34. “A baby boy is a little miracle that you would like to share, an angel that you always handle with care.” – Unknown
35. “Of all things that I held, my baby boy is the most beautiful and precious.” – Unknown
36. “The child who knows unconditional love has the greatest gift the world can offer.” – David Scott
37. “The excitement on the face of your baby boy is certainly the most exhilarating part of parenthood.” – Unknown
38. “Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son’s eyes, and realize I have already created one.” – Rebecca Adams
39. “There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.” – Jared Padalecki
40. “Children bring us a piece of heaven on earth.” – Roland Leonhardt
41. “Having my baby fall asleep in my arms takes away all of my worries and stresses. A sense of complete and total peace comes over me.” – Maria Jose Ovalle
42. “Like stars are to the sky, so are the children to our world. They deserve to shine!” – Chinonye J. Chidolue
43. “There are words in the soul of a newborn baby, wanting and waiting to be written.” – Toba Beta
44. “A baby is as pure as an angel and as fresh as a blooming flower.” – Debasish Mridha
45. “Coos and gurgles, and chuckles. Suddenly your baby boy fills your life with these sounds that tug your heartstrings every time.” – Unknown
46. “Of all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.” – Andrew McMahon
47. “I just spent 9 months on the inside. My parents are now serving life.” – Unknown
48. “Those eyes so ecstatic with the gleam of new life, the wide laugh that no doubt uses up so much of the breath contained in those tiny lungs.” – Saim Cheeda
49. “When we encourage new parents to ‘treasure these moments because they don’t last forever,’ we need to remember to also reassure them that they will survive these moments because they don’t last forever.” – L. R. Knost
50. “I believe that God sent you into my life to give me something to fight for, to show me there is love in this world, to give me hope and bring me joy. All the proof in God I need is in you. You are a gift from the heavens.” – Unknown
51. “Some people dream of angels, I dream of one and hold one in my arms.” – Angela Viehweg Komarek
52. “I believe in love at first sight… because I’m a mom.” – Unknown
53. “Yes, I know it’s 2 A.M. but I thought we could spend some quality time together.” – Unknown
54. “A happy baby has shining eyes. It walks open-hearted into the world and spreads magic.” – Sigrid Leo
55. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
56. “All those clichés, those things you hear about having a baby and motherhood – all of them are true. And all of them are the most beautiful things you will ever experience.” – Penelope Cruz
57. “I’m proof daddy doesn’t play video games all the time.” – Unknown
58. “The love and sacredness of family. There’s nothing else like it.” – Vicki Reese
59. “When in doubt, choose the kids. There will be plenty of time later to choose work.” – Anna Quindlen
60. “He’s tender and bashful but boyish and brute. Impossibly clever and cunningly cute. No matter the size, your baby boy already has a personality.” – Unknown
New Baby Boy Quotes
When a man becomes a father to a baby boy, he also gains a friend for life. He gets a new brother, a playmate, a supporter, and a secret keeper for years to come.
Nothing compares to that feeling when you know that your little man is on the way, coming to fill your life with laughs and joy.
When a woman knows that she’s having a baby boy, she realizes that she’s bringing a new man to the world.
This man will grow up to be her backbone and pillar when she needs support. He will become a family man, following the very same rules she made him grow by.
Have one of these new baby quotes printed on a T-shirt as a gift to a friend who’s about to become a new parent.
You can also have one hand-written and hung in your living room, so you can always remember the wonderful miracle that you have been blessed with.
1. “A baby boy has a special way of bringing out the man in his father and the little boy in his grandfather.” – Tanya Masse
2. “Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life.” – Sophocles
3. “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” – Irish Proverb
4. “Men are what their mothers made them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.” – Vincent Van Gogh
6. “There has never been, nor there will ever be, anything quite special as the love between a mother and her baby son.” – Unknown
7. “Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together make this world a beautiful garden.” – Mother Teresa
8. “My son has been both an anchor and a set of new sails when I was being tossed around in the depths of the ocean of mourning and pain and despair. He’s held me in place, propelled me forward when I needed it, and his mere existence has made everything in my life better.” – Priscilla Blossom
9. “And she loved a little boy very, very much, even more than she loved herself.” – Shel Silverstein
10. “Have a little faith in your sons. This journey will be the making of them.” – C. J. Milbrandt
11. “If I have a monument in this world, it is my son.” – Maya Angelou
12. “Son, you’ll outgrow my lap but never my heart.” – Unknown
13. “You are loved for the boy you are, the man you will become and the son you will always be.” – Unknown
14. “You will love that little boy so very very much… even more, than you love yourself. That little angel is what you call a son.” – Unknown
15. “Baby boys are God’s way of telling you that your house is too neat!” – Unknown
16. “Because I loved him so and am in the habit of loving him and that love must take the form of fussing and worry and doing.” – George Saunders
17. “To be a mother of a son is one of the most important things you can do to change the world. Raise them to respect women, raise them to stand up for others, raise them to be kind.” – Shannon L. Alder
18. “There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.” – Washington Irving
19. “No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.” – Harold MacMillan
20. “If a man has been his mother’s undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it.” – Sigmund Freud
21. “Heaven on earth is looking at my little boy. The minute he was born, I knew if I never did anything other than being a mom, I’d be fine.” – Jenny McCarthy
22. “We can’t form our children on our own concepts; we must take them and love them as God gives them to us.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
23. “Baby boys have a pocket full of mischief and a saddle always overflowing with joy and excitement.” – Unknown
24. “A baby boy always is that anchor of your life, even through rough tides of life.” – Unknown
25. “A baby boy may leave smudges in the house and also on your heart.” – Unknown
26. “You’ll be his first kiss, his first love, his first friend, you are his momma, and he is your whole world. He is your little boy.” – Unknown
27. “For this little boy we have prayed.” – Unknown
28. “A little miracle sent from above, a baby boy to cuddle and love.” – Juancho Miguel
29. “Sons may grow into men and grow out of their toys, but in the hearts of their mothers they are still their little boys.” – Unknown
30. “Hold him a little longer, rock him a little more. Read him another story, you’ve already read him four. Let him sleep on your shoulder, rejoice in his happy smile, he is only a little boy for such a little while.” – Unknown
New Baby Girl Quotes
Having a daughter is God’s way of telling you that you will always have a loving heart that will cherish you forever. As your daughter grows, the roles will reverse.
Daughters take care of their parents and act with their motherly instincts from a very young age.
If you’re a daddy, your little princess will always look for the qualities that you possess in the man of her dreams.
She will always look for a father for her future children who will provide love and support the way you did when she was young.
For a mother, you will have a life companion, a partner in crime, and a mom if yours is no longer around.
Your little girl will grow to be a woman of the world – a guardian and protector in case you need one, which is what these new baby quotes below encompass fully.
1. “I’ll love you forever; I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.” – Robert Munsch
2. “A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem.” – Naomi Wolf
3. “A mother teaches her daughter how to feel about herself, about handling pressure, about relishing life’s joys, and conquering fears.” – Melissa Harrison
4. “No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.” – Cardinal Mermillod, Cardinal of Roman Catholic Church
5. “A baby girl is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous.” – Rene Inge
6. “Mothers of daughters are daughters of mothers and have remained so, in circles joined to circles, since time began.” – Signe Hammer
7. “Baby girl, you are my life, you are the greatest blessing I have ever received in this life.” – Unknown
8. “My baby girl is one of my greatest treasures in life and I would give her the world if I can.” – Unknown
9. “She is everything that is perfect, wrapped in a tiny bundle.” – Unknown
10. “A baby daughter is always a Daddy’s girl and Mommy’s world.” – Unknown
11. “A baby girl is always a source of perpetual wonder for her parents.” – Unknown
12. “Pretty dresses, little curls, oh thank heaven for little girls!” – Unknown
13. “A baby girl is a giggle wrapped in the warmth of sunshine!” – Unknown
14. “A mother’s and daughter’s love is never separated.” – Viola Shipman
15. “There’s no better feeling than making your little girls laugh.” – Jerry O’Connell
16. “There is so much waiting for you to explore, baby girl so I will be with you when you do.” – Unknown
17. “When you have a baby girl, you realize that there is something far more precious than the most precious jewels.” – Unknown
18. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” – Bethany Hamilton
19. “She stands firmly on her own two feet and I just behind her; should she ever need me.” – J. Iron Word
20. “Baby girls are precious gifts, wrapped in love serene. Their dresses tied with sashes and futures tied with dreams.” – Unknown
21. “Though she be but little, she is fierce.” – William Shakespeare
22. “A baby girl arrives, and just like that, everything changes. The world gets bigger, hearts grow fuller and life means more because she’s in it.” – Unknown
23. “A tiny daughter gives parents a life in a climate of perpetual wonder.” – Pierre Doucet
24. “In a field of roses, she is a wildflower.” – Unknown
25. “Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with.” – Melia Keeton-Digby
26. “I know a girl, she puts the color inside my world.” – John Mayer
27. “A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of herself. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.” – Victoria Secunda
28. “As the mother, so is her daughter.” – Ezekiel 16:44
29. “Here sleeps a girl with a head full of magical dreams, a heart full of wonder and hands that will shape the world.” – Tracy Meulman
30. “Giggles, curls, ribbons and bows. A little baby girl is so adorable from head to toes!” – Kristin Contreras
Funny And Cute Baby Quotes
Looking for something that brings a smile to everyone’s face? These funny and sweet new baby quotes are the answer.
Things can be quite overwhelming for new parents, whether they’ve had babies before or not.
Following a little one’s sleeping schedule and feeding times can be hectic, and parents will appreciate a good sense of humor as they celebrate the joy of new life.
If you’re thinking about a gift that would cheer up a new parent, printing one of these quotes on a coffee mug, T-shirt, or newborn clothing can be the answer.
You can also do that for your partner, so you can both smile when things get rough.
1. “My daddy is so jealous! I had boobies for breakfast, and he didn’t.” – Unknown
2. “My mom thinks she is in CHARGE… that’s so cute.” – Unknown
3. “Don’t look at me, that smell is coming from my Dad.” – Unknown
4. “24/7. Once you sign on to be a mother, that’s the only shift they offer!” – Jodi Picoult
5. “Sleep when your baby sleeps. Everyone knows this classic tip, but I say why stop there? Scream when your baby screams. Take Benadryl when your baby takes Benadryl. And walk around pantsless when your baby walks around pantsless.” – Tina Fey
6. “Having an infant son alerts me to the fact that every man, at one point, has peed on his own face.” – Olivia Wilde
7. “None of it is real until all of a sudden, they’re standing there covered in slime and crying. You’re like, wait a minute, what is that?” – George Clooney
8. “Sleep is like the unicorn – it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any.” – Dr. Seuss
9. “That moment when you go to check on your sleeping baby, and their eyes ping open, so you drop to the floor and roll out of the room like a ninja.” – Unknown
10. “Your son will hold your hand for a little while but your heart for a lifetime.” – Unknown
11. “Children reinvent your world for you.” – Susan Sarandon
12. “I think, at a child’s birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift would be curiosity.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
13. “Families with babies and families without babies are sorry for each other.” – Ed Howe
14. “A baby is wishing well. Everyone puts their hopes, their fears, their pasts, their two cents in.” – Elizabeth Bard
The Joy Of New Parents
Having a child is like having a little sun growing in your home, surrounded by love and care.
The lives of parents are transformed in a magical way and continue to do so, long after their children have grown older.
Becoming a parent is a milestone for women and men alike. It’s a gift, but it comes with a lot of responsibilities.
The love, understanding, and support of the family go above and beyond. These are happy times for new parents, but it’s also full of new experiences that might be rather overwhelming as they live this new life.
I do hope you’ve found the perfect new baby quotes to brighten your heart and home. Till next time!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our& full disclosure for more info.