Nieces and nephews are one of the most important parts of life for uncles, especially those who don’t have any children of their own.
To thank them for everything they do, I collected some of the most beautiful uncle quotes that show just how much they mean to their families.
Although most of us aren’t actors, nor do we have any connection to the theatre, life brings us some of the most amazing and demanding roles that we both love and fear.
Being an uncle or aunt isn’t as demanding as being a parent, but it still requires responsibility.
Uncles play a very important role in a child’s life – most uncles are very often adult children who love to make jokes but they still know how to discipline your child in a second (something you feel you can barely ever achieve).
That’s why uncles deserve to know that they’re loved and appreciated for everything they do and all the love they give, and there’s no better way to do so than with these wonderful uncle quotes!
These quotes reflect that special bond between an uncle and his niece or nephew in the best possible way and I’m sure that every uncle will be deeply touched by these amazing quotes.
Best Uncle Quotes
An uncle is one of the most important people in our lives. He’s a person who’ll be a father figure to your child, but he’ll also definitely let your little one get away with small mischiefs, just like every good uncle would do.
These quotes explain what it means to have a great uncle in your life, someone who’ll teach your child tons of important lessons while having fun.
If you’re looking for a way to put a smile on your or your child’s uncle’s face, here are some quotes that’ll surely brighten up his day!
1. “My uncle is very protective and always has my best interest at heart.” – Unknown
2. “Never was a brother or cousin – but unclehood looms, and so do lessons on wearing loud ties, talking with a full mouth, stealing a nose.” – Jeff Kleinman
3. “An amazing uncle is like a glass of refreshing lemonade in the hot summer of life.” – Unknown
4. “He is a remarkable person, and I am grateful to call him my uncle. I can’t thank him enough for being my rock and the person that I could trust to keep my secrets.” – Unknown
5. “My uncle is the combination of a second dad, big brother, and best friend.” – Unknown
6. “My uncle is from Trinidad, so, ever since I was seven, I grew up listening to Soca, the genre that’s from there. It’s my favorite sound.” – Meghan Trainor
7. “When I was young, an eccentric uncle decided to teach me how to lie. Not, he explained, because he wanted me to lie, but because he thought I should know how it’s done so I would recognize when I was being lied to.” – Brian Eno
8. “An uncle is someone special to remember with warmth, think of with pride, and cherish with love.” – Unknown
9. “My uncle was a second father to me. I spent most of my childhood with him.” – Rey Mysterio
10. “My first memory of playing music was when I was three years old in Puerto Rico. I played percussion on a tin can behind my uncle, who played the cuatro.” – Jose Feliciano
11. “Love, laughter, and care, you provided me with all that I could need when growing up. I knew that I could always count on my uncle to help me with anything that I could need. You made sure that I never felt alone.” – Unknown
12. “I will live in thy heart, die in thy lap, and be buried in thine eyes and moreover, I will go with thee to thy uncle’s.” – William Shakespeare
13. “I spent a long time away from my parents when I was younger. I would go hunting and fishing with my uncle, and we would go for weeks at a time. I also spent a lot of time in Texas with my grandparents.” – RJ Mitte
14. “Everyone needs a FUNCLE (fun + uncle). Because funcles are much more fun than parents.” – Unknown
15. “They’ve got great parents, I’m just trying to be the fun uncle.” – Sarah Silverman
16. “I think my uncle was probably the biggest influence in my life. We grew up in the same house, and he was just a really great, hard-working, honest, ethical person.” – Catherine Bell
17. “My uncle is an inspiration to me every day.” – Unknown
18. “Some people don’t believe in superheroes because they haven’t met my uncle yet.” – Unknown
19. “In my uncle, I see a friend who walks me through thick and thin and a mentor who teaches me to win.” – Unknown
20 “My uncle is vigilant about the welfare of our family.” – Unknown
21. “Watching my uncle has taught me how to be a great brother to my sister.” – Unknown
Funny Uncle Quotes
Funny uncles and aunts are the family members every child loves the most.
Having funny family members who know how to have a good time is also invaluable to the development of children’s social skills.
Here are some funny quotes about uncles who always know how to make us laugh:
1. “Pirate was going to be my middle name, but then my uncle had a problem with it because pirates are bad.” – Billie Eilish
2. “Uncle, I would never say you are cooler than my dad, so I’ll write it down.” – Unknown
3. “My uncle is so funny – Don Vito. He was always fat with the craziest voice. Dude, he barely speaks English; it’s just full-blown jibber-jabber.” – Bam Margera
4. “My friends envy me because I have such a cool uncle!” – Unknown
5. “Uncles are special guys who know how to fix things you didn’t know were broken.” – Unknown
6. “Funcle: Like a dad, only cooler.” – Unknown
7. “I smile because you’re my uncle. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.” – Unknown
8. “My uncle Sam was an angry man. He had printed on his tombstone, ‘What are you looking at?’” – Margaret Smith
9. “No family is complete without an embarrassing uncle.” – Peter Morgan
10. “If you think I am cute, you should see my uncle.” – Unknown
11. “I certainly have many, many uncles… Their maturity level is still hovering around 15 when they all get together.” – Martha MacIsaac
12. “Uncles are there to help the child get into mischief that they haven’t thought of yet.” – Unknown
13. “I’ve got an uncle myself. Nobody should be held responsible for their uncles. Nature’s little throwbacks – that’s how I look at it.” – Agatha Christie
14. “Everyone had an uncle who tried to steal their nose.” – Peter Kay
15. “The beautiful thing about having a family that has diabetes is knowing what not to do. I got an uncle that thinks insulin is supposed to enable him to eat cake.” – Damon Wayans
16. “I know, I am adorable. That’s because I take after my uncle.” – Unknown
17. “My uncle strikes a balance between being an adult and being a child of my age.” – Unknown
18. “My uncle lets me beat him at any game we play, and I pretend I don’t know.” – Unknown
19. “Handsome + Uncle = Huncle.” – Unknown
Loving Uncle Quotes
Jokes aside, uncles aren’t here just for fun. They’re with us during the good and bad times.
An uncle will love your child just like his own and will fight for him just like you do.
A child can feel that love through his uncle’s words and actions, and can thank him for everything he does with these inspirational quotes about love:
1. “I love my uncle. He filled my childhood with so much fun, laughter, and wonderful memories.” – Unknown
2. “I love my uncle. He is like a second father to me.” – Unknown
3. “I admire you and love you with all my heart, uncle.” – Unknown
4. “I love my uncle. He has always been there for me, no matter what, and I will always be grateful for that.” – Unknown
5. “Life gets better when my uncle is around.” – Unknown
6. “I’m so lucky to have an uncle like you! Thanks for always being there for me.” – Unknown
7. “I’m as lucky as can be because the world’s greatest uncle belongs to me.” – Unknown
Uncle Quotes To Niece And Nephew
Although aunts might show their love more often than uncles, that doesn’t mean uncles love their nieces and nephews any less.
Uncles show their feelings by teasing their nephews and nieces, but when the time comes, they know how to express their love.
These quotes for nieces and nephews show just how much an uncle can love your little munchkin:
1. “The first time I heard a little voice call me uncle, my heart melted to my feet.” – Unknown
2. “Nieces and nephews, just like friends, but even cooler.” – Unknown
3. “The word Uncle became very special to me after I heard my niece call me that for the very first time.” – Unknown
4. “As your uncle, I promise to always be there to guide you, spoil you, and love you.” – Unknown
5. “My niece and nephew are very special to me. From the day they were born, they have had a special place in my heart. I am so proud to be their uncle.” – Unknown
6. “I treasure my role as an uncle to such an amazing nephew.” – Unknown
7. “Dear Nephew, as you will already have realized during our much too brief companionship, I am essentially a man of principle. That is unpleasant and depressing not only to those who come in contact with me, but also to myself as well. Yet it is my principles that have made me what I am, and no one can ask me to deny my fundamental self. Not even you, my dear nephew.” – Franz Kafka
Father’s Day Uncle Quotes
Getting dad a present for Father’s Day is common practice, but how many of us do the same for our uncles?
Those who consider their uncles to be second fathers usually get them small gifts as well.
It can be anything from cups with funny captions, personalized T-shirts, or even a personalized wine or beer bottle with funny niece or nephew quotes.
If you have no idea which quote would be suitable for this occasion, here are some of my favorite Father’s Day quotes for uncles:
1. “Thank you uncle for showing up every day and being there for me.” – Unknown
2. “Uncle: Someone who gives advice, helps, encourages; great at telling funny stories.” – Unknown
3. “Words could never tell the joy an uncle brings. An uncle is a bond of faith that even time can’t sever, a gift to last all our lives. An uncle is forever.” – Irene Banks
4. “I don’t know what I would have done without you in my life. Thank you, Uncle, for just being you.” – Unknown
5. “It is really important for boys to have a father, or a grandfather, or an uncle – a man they can really relate to who loves them, and who they know loves them.” – Laura Bush
6. “Thanks for being the second perfect father anyone would want to have”. – Unknown
7. “You can tell your uncle stuff that you could not tell your dad. That is kind of the role of an uncle. I feel very much like a father sometimes but sometimes I feel like a teammate.” – Dusty Baker
8. “My uncle fits the role of my dad, my brother, my grandpa, and sometimes also my friend. He’s all that in one package for me.” – Unknown
10. “Uncle, I don’t know how you do it, but you always turn up right when I need you.” – Unknown
11. “My uncle made me realize my capabilities and showed me ways to fulfill my goals.” – Unknown
12. “My uncle taught me that the only limitations I have are those I put on myself.” – Unknown
13. “You’re the finest example of how a man should live his life. I admire you.” – Unknown
Birthday Quotes For Uncles
Birthdays are a special day for everyone, and uncles enjoy them just as much as all other family members.
Check out these quotes for your uncle’s birthday and share your best wishes in a creative way – I’m sure he’ll appreciate it and have a good laugh:
1. “You make every day brighter with your kindness. Here’s to a great year ahead – I hope it’s full of everything you love the most. Happy birthday, uncle!” – Unknown
2. “Wishing you lots of luck, love and joy, and strong health because those are things you need the most in your life. Happy birthday, uncle.” – Unknown
3. “Happy birthday to my favorite uncle, I’m blessed to have such an amazing, caring, and fun uncle like you!” – Unknown
4. “I hope you understand how much you mean to me and everyone in the family. I wish you an unforgettable celebration and only the best things in the year ahead.” – Unknown
5. “Happy birthday, uncle! Aren’t you honored to have the best niece/nephew in this world? I know I’d feel that way if I was you!” – Unknown
6. “Happy birthday, Uncle Tom. I’m so thankful to be blessed with an awesome uncle like you. Have an amazing day and a beautiful year ahead.” – Unknown
7. “Happy birthday, uncle! At least we have one proper adult in the family… Well, sort of.” – Unknown
8. “The strength of a man is in his character. A strong man is a great man of wisdom who understands, his top priority is to his family.” – Ellen J. Barrier (And you’re all that! Happy birthday, uncle.)
9. “Wishing my favorite uncle the best birthday ever. Please, ignore those new wrinkles on your face and party like there’s no tomorrow. This is your day, enjoy!” – Unknown
An uncle has a very important role in the family.
He’s older than his nephews and nieces, which means he can give your children some valuable life lessons, but he’s funnier and cooler than a parent (sorry, but that’s probably how your kids see him).
Uncles are considered to be second fathers in many families which is why you might also consider surprising him with a thoughtful gift on Father’s Day, especially if he’s a father himself.
Some of these funny and love quotes for uncles can be transferred onto a T-shirt, so everyone can know how much his nephew or niece loves him (he’ll definitely wear it with pride)!
- 85 Niece Quotes And Instagram Captions For Proud Aunts And Uncles
- 86 Best Nephew Quotes Given By His Favorite Aunt And Uncle
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.