If there’s anything that feels quite as good as being a parent, it’s being an aunt or an uncle and having nephews.
So, in order to commemorate this feeling, why not look at some very inspirational nephew quotes?
As there have been plenty of aunties and uncles throughout history, nephew quotes aren’t that hard to find. Memorable ones are but don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
I’ve searched the internet, far and wide, to bring you some of the best aunt quotes and uncle quotes for their dear nephews.
And, believe me when I say that I’ve heard a ton of these coming from my brother as well as from my own aunt and uncle quite frequently.
Some of them are sweet, some silly, and some are downright adorable!
This is especially true when it comes from a man who’s normally reluctant to resort to things such as quotes and special messages like my own uncle was and it was always a delight to see that facade melt whenever me and my brother were around.
However, nephew and niece quotes aren’t just limited to uncles and aunts, there are quite a few quotes from nieces and nephews themselves.
Read on to find out just how many amazing quotes there are for you to pick from and discover which ones fit you best for use on cards, social media, etc.
Best Nephew Quotes
Let’s start this post off by listing these wonderfully inspirational quotes for and by nephews.
Here are some of my personal favorites:
1. “The nephew that I know and I love, and I know in my heart.” – Anna Jones
2. “Every time I go to my nephew’s house he wishes to show me all his drawings. I know I’m biased but those things belong in a museum.” – James Avery
3. “It takes a year, nephew… a full turn of the calendar, to get over losing someone.” – Annie Proulx
4. “I’ve helped with nephews, stepchildren and my own son, so the biggest challenge is making sure the kids are raised and finding enough quality time with them.” – Reba McEntire
5. “I choose parts because I don’t want to be embarrassed when the movie comes out. What if my nephew wandered into the theater and saw the movie?” – Wallace Shawn
6. “Dear Nephew, I love taking you to the island by bicycle or seeing the stars at night. Let’s go to coffee shops or see airplanes land at the airport.” – Andrea Hirata
7. “It is my principles that have made me what I am, and no one can ask me to deny my fundamental self. Not even you, my dear nephew.” – Franz Kafka
8. “You know I’m the Queen’s favorite great nephew, Well, yeah I’m her only great nephew, but that’s not important.” – Richelle Mead
9. “I love spending time with you my nephew, and music has always bonded us.” – Jessie J
10. “Dear nephew, as you will already have realized during our much too brief companionship, I am essentially a man of principle.” – Franz Kafka
11. “I always ask my crying nephew, ‘Dude, why are you crying? Your life is great. All you do is eat apple sauce and take naps. That’s your day’.” – Hannibal Buress
Funny Nephew Quotes
There’s nothing better than when some silly quote makes your baby nephew laugh, so why not try and go for some funny ones.
Some of these can even be used as happy birthday nephew quotes where you can express your happy birthday wishes to him on a birthday card in a more endearing way.
Here they are:
1. “My nephew is manipulative and scheming. And those are his good qualities.” – Kelley Armstrong
2. “You get the fun of spending time with your nephew without having to be the person responsible for taking care of them. It’s the best of both worlds.” – Unknown
3. “I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke.” – Jack Handy
4. “It distresses me when I take my seven-year-old nephew out. I cook healthy food, and he wants to go to McDonald’s.” – Julia Sawalha
5. “Electricity can be dangerous. My nephew tried to stick a penny into a plug. Whoever said a penny doesn’t go far didn’t see my nephew shoot across that floor.” – Tim Allen
6. “All of my best friends are jealous since I now have a new best friend who is way younger than them and more fun to be with and that is you! Happy Birthday and best wishes!” – Unknown
7. “I’ve had aunts and uncles who not only haven’t read my books but could hardly believe that I was a writer.” – Robert Cormier
8. “Why should I marry? One marries to have children, but I already have children! My nieces and nephews are my children.” – Salman Khan
9. “My nephew doesn’t even like good food; he just wants the toys.” – Julia Sawalha
10. “You should always treat your nephew like your own son.” – Unknown
11. “There’s something so great about being with your nephew and, when you’re tired, just handing him off back to your sister.” – Tahj Mowry
12. “The moment my nephew came into the world, I realized that logic could not make sense of someone who’s so brand new to you.” – Unknown
13. “Being an aunt is a fantastic honor that I wouldn’t trade for all the wishes or gold in the world!” – Unknown
14. “To my nephew, you are a joy to my heart and a delight to my eyes. You are a wonderful addition to this family.” – Unknown
15. “The love between uncles and nephews is something precious, an exchange of gifts before the young lift their anchors and the old seek a safe harbor.” – Unknown
17. “You may be a best bud to your friends and a good son to your parents. But you beat all these things with the way you are a terrific nephew to your aunt.” – Unknown
18. “I’m not a fan of Star Wars. That is not for me. That is for my nephews. I don’t get it.” – William Friedkin
19. “Why have kids when you can just have nephews?” – Unknown
Adorable Nephew Quotes
While funny often works, sometimes it’s worth changing the tune to something slightly more cute, to go for family quotes that express your level of family love toward your most favorite nephew.
Here are some of the most adorable and endearing ones:
1. “I feel very much like a father sometimes to my nephew but sometimes I feel like a teammate.” – Dusty Baker
2. “I sort of like bumper cars but I don’t really go to Disneyland all that much unless I have my nephews.” – Anjelica Huston
3. “If you think I’m fast, just wait until you see my nephew Bruno.” – Ayrton Senna
4. “My nephews all look at me differently now. Before, they couldn’t relate to me, and now I’m like a god.” – Ruth Buzz
5. “If I could give my nephew one thing in life, it would be the ability to see himself through my eyes. Only then would he realize how special he is to me.” – Unknown
6. “I love my nephew almost as much as I love my own child.” – Unknown
7. “My first nephew, he couldn’t say Auntie Nicole, so he called me Coco.” – Nikki Bella
8. “It’s really important to me that my nephews can come and see my show.” – Jessie J
9. “Happiness is actually found in simple things, such as taking my nephew around.” – Andrea Hirata
10. “There’s something so great about being with your nephew.” – Tahj Mowry
11. “To me, my nephew is the angel of my world.” – Li Bingbing
12. “Every child needs at least one adult who is irrationally crazy about him or her.” – Urie Bronfenbrenner
13. “I really want my nephew to have a little bit of an advantage over everyone when it comes time for him to make his way in the world.” – Chad Michaels
14. “I have a 92 year old father who’s doing beautifully who lives in Chicago and a sister and a nephew and I love coming back and try to do so fairly often.” – Bob Balaban
15. “To be on television and have my nephews see me, and seeing them wear my shirt to the games and be proud, it’s so sweet.” – Sue Wicks
16. “Hey, I’m just looking for an excuse to retire so I can play summer league baseball, go coach my nephews, and play pickup basketball.” – Doug Flutie
17. “I think there are many Democrats who are good, strong leaders. The person I like the most over everyone is my nephew.” – Kerry Kennedy
18. “You are less like a nephew and more like my son. Every corner of my heart was captured by your first breath.” – Unknown
19. “I love spending time with my dog, my nephew and my family. I’m very family-oriented.” – Lil’ Kim
20. “Any day spent with you, my nephew, is my favorite day.” – A.A. Milne
21. “I’m definitely going to be setting up a trust fund for my little nephew.” – Chad Michaels
22. “Your birth opened up many opportunities for me to learn how to be the best auntie in the world.” – Unknown
23. “There’s this girl… she kinda stole my heart, she calls me Auntie.” – Unknown.
24. “Your nephew can brighten your world like no one else can.” – Unknown.
25. “With you, I get to play with fairies, ride with unicorns, swim with mermaids, and fly to the moon.” – Unknown.
26. “Becoming an Aunt for the first time is daunting, but when I held you in my arms, everyone including me knew that this was the start of some beautiful moments together.” – Unknown
27. “Being a sister is priceless, but being the best aunt to my nephew is an honor.” – Unknown
28. “Your parents have done some awesome things in this world. But the best thing they did was give me the best nephew – you!” – Unknown
29. “I truly love and adore my nephews as though they were my own.” – Unknown
30. “Best birthday wishes to the man I will forever call my little boy! I love you, from your loving aunt.” – Unknown
31. “My favorite person in the entire world calls me her nephew.” – Unknown
Of course, we can’t reserve all the love quotes for the male side of the family, we’ve got to keep some for the nieces!.
There are a few nice quotes for nieces hiding in there too that you’re sure to like if you’re blessed with being an aunt for one.
1. “My niece, my little princess, you totally rule my heart. In the story of my life you are the best part. Your sweet smile and magical ways bring happiness in my life and joy that stays forever.” – Unknown
2. “No offense, but if you want to be with my niece, you should think about getting a haircut.” – Meg Cabot
3. “I hope that my niece in 20 years is going to say to me, Aunt Stevie, what was with your hair?” – Stevie Nicks
4. “It’s really special to have a niece because I have a son, so I get to have a little girl, too.” – Solange Knowles
5. “I had lunch the other day with my niece, Emma, and she said, you’re so smart, aunt Julia. And I wanted to say, I’m not smart – I’m 41! You’re 17!” – Julia Roberts.
6. “I’m cute – and God I hate it when aunts say that. Because that’s not cool. I’m like your niece.” – Kelly Clarkson
7. “I have a six-year-old niece. I hope that by the time she’s 16, the world will have changed.” – Prabal Gurung
8. “As a niece, I always thought my Aunt was the coolest person growing up, turns out kids will think very highly of you if you let them choose the radio station.” – Unknown
Quotes About Aunts And Uncles
And finally, if you thought that you’re the only one giving out quotes, you’re sorely mistaken.
There are a few nieces and nephews out there who have a few things to say about their favorite uncles and aunties too.
Let’s see what sort of quotes for uncles and aunts they’ve come up with, shall we?
Who knows, maybe they’ve even given dear old auntie a nickname.
1. “My Aunt’s intelligence had given me hope, and I was determined at once to know every thing in life.” – Mr. Darcy, ‘Pride And Prejudice’
2. “My uncle gave me a trumpet, but I loved the Louis Armstrong sound and the Harry James sound and I played by ear and I played always soulful or very direct from the gut.” – Dick Dale
3. “I think my uncle was probably the best and biggest influence in my life.” – Catherine Bell
4. “I grew up in the same house as my uncle, and he was just a really great, hard-working, honest, ethical person.” – Catherine Bell
5. “To be on television and have my nieces and nephews see me, and seeing them wear my shirt to the games and be proud, it’s so sweet. Sometimes it feels like it’s just a dream.” – Sue Wicks
6. “My aunt used to call me light bulb head because my head is small at the bottom and bigger at the top. But it was a term of endearment.” – Tyra Banks
7. “I learned from my uncle that jazz, like symphony music, was built to last.” – David Amram
8. “Maybe! Maybe! Maybe if your aunt had a beard, she’d be your uncle.” – Alvah Bessie
9. “You can tell your uncle stuff that you could not tell your dad. That is kind of the role of an uncle.” – Dusty Baker
10. “The best aunt isn’t a substitute parent, she’s a co-conspirator.” – Daryl Gregory
11. “An aunt is a safe haven for a child. Someone who will keep your secrets and is always on your side.” – Sara Sheridan
12. “An aunt is like having a mom who lets you skip school to go shopping.” – Unknown
13. “When a niece and aunt get together, there’s a lot of whispering and giggling that tells you they’re up to something.” – Unknown
14. “Aunts are the ones that stand beside moms when nieces and nephews enter the world.” – Unknown
15. “If mom says no, Aunt will say yes.” – Unknown
16. “The best thing that will happen to me this year? I will be an uncle for the first time.” – Unknown
17. “Being an Aunt is the greatest privilege I’ve ever had in my life.” – Unknown
As you can tell, there are plenty of nephew quotes out there from many distinguished people and some unknowns that tell the tale of just how great your nephews can truly be.
They’re treasures of almost equal measure to your own and should be treated as such, especially considering that they came from your sibling.
Make sure to celebrate every special day of theirs just like you would for your own.
They’ll appreciate it and your sibling will too, forging a strong family bond.
Of course, you’re still the aunt/uncle, so feel free to let go just a little since you get to have a little bit more fun with them than their mom and dad do.
Make yourself the fun aunt or uncle!
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.