A mom and her little one share a love stronger than any other!
These bond between mother and child quotes are here to serve as inspiration and highlight the best friend relationship that a mother and her children often share.
There are no loved ones greater than parents and children and that’s always worth reaffirming.
They’re a nice reminder of just how much of an important and special bond it truly is, and one that you should always make sure to keep healthy because kids are one of the greatest joys in life.
It’s one of the rare relationships completely based on unconditional love, and many moms already know this because they’ve seen it with their own eyes.
To commemorate this special link, I’ve collected a selection of some of the best bond between mother and child quotes I could find.
Hopefully, you’ll love them and be able to identify with them yourself!
Bond Between Mother And Child Quotes
Inspirational quotes about motherhood
Although motherhood is an inspiring experience, it can be a difficult one as well.
Trust me, I’ve felt this way in the past so I have first-hand experience, and what got me out of the gutter was a mix of emotional support from my husband and a big dose of good vibes and various inspirational quotes from moms on the internet.
People often disregard them as unimportant, but all of those beautiful mother son quotes, mother daughter quotes, various types of baby quotes, and even just generic mom quotes can be real lifesavers when you’re feeling blue.
Seeing the experiences or hearing pearls of wisdom from famous writers, philosophers, and even average moms working two jobs to support their families, really helps put things in perspective and these quotes here aim to do the same.
1. “From the moment I became a mother, my purpose has been to love and protect my children with everything I have.” – Unknown
2. “To the mama who hasn’t felt like herself lately, I know how difficult it is when you catch yourself not being you. Be patient, your sparkle will return again and you will shine again.” – Unknown
3. “I’ve carried a child within my body. I’ve slept with them on my chest. I’ve kissed toes and wiped away tears. I’ve been vomited on, peed on, and spent sleepless nights cradling my child. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. My body isn’t magazine perfect but when I look in the mirror, I see a mama. And there is no greater honor, love or blessing.” – Unknown
4. “I hold my child to sleep every night. Not because they are spoiled. Not because I’m wrapped around their little finger. Not because I’m being manipulated. I do it because I am their safe place. I do it because I am their mama and they need me to comfort them.” – Unknown
5. “Having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the sweetest and peaceful feelings in the world.” – Unknown
6. “It makes me smile knowing that my sweet little baby is half me and half the person I love.” – Unknown
7. “The most magical day of my life was the day I became a mother.” – Unknown
8. “Hold on to the tiny moments and cherish the little things. They grow up so fast.” – Unknown
9. “If you’re worried about being a good mother, it means you already are one.” – Unknown
10. “Being a mama can be tough, but always remember in the eyes of your child, no one does it better than you.” – Unknown
11. “Motherhood is magical. It grants you the power to fall in love with someone before ever meeting them. It gives you amazing instincts to look after your cubs. It fuels you in ways you can’t explain to keep you going no matter how exhausted you are. And it expands your heart and fills it with more love than you have ever felt.” – Unknown
12. “There are many things in life I have taken for granted, but the opportunity and ability to be a mama will never be one of them.” – Unknown
13. “When you feel that first little kick, and hear a heartbeat for the first time you suddenly understand what it means to love someone more than your own life.” – Unknown
14. “As a mama I’m not perfect. I make mistakes. I forget things. I lose my cool. And some days I go a little crazy. But, it’s okay because in the end, no one could ever love my child the way I do.” – Unknown
15. “It’s okay if your dream in life is to be a good wife and mama.” – Unknown
16. “It’s ok to have strengths and weaknesses as a mama. Some mamas play games, others listen well, some cook with love, and others are great encouragers. We don’t have to be everything, every day to our kids. We just need to show up and love them hard.” – Unknown
17. “I see you there mama, trying your best. I see you showing up each day, even though you feel exhausted. I see you making tough choices for your family even when you’re not sure if they are right. I see you working tirelessly, even when it seems never ending. I see you doing an amazing job, even though you doubt yourself. I see you mama, and you are more than enough.” – Unknown
18. “My child may not have everything they want in life, but they have a mama that loves them more than anything in the world.” – Unknown
19. “Do you ever look at your child and start smiling? Not because your child did something amazing, just smiling because you realize how blessed you really are.” – Unknown
20. “I will always delight in my children’s existence. I will be the one who thinks the sun rises and sets on them and loves them unconditionally. Forever and always.” – Unknown
21. “You’ll never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow they’ll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Just breathe, notice, study their faces. Pay attention. Relish the charms of the present. Enjoy today, it will be over before you know it.” – Unknown
22. “The sweet smell of a baby must be one of the best smells in the whole world.” – Unknown
23. “You don’t have to wait till Mother’s Day to celebrate motherhood. These joys of motherhood quotes are perfect little reminders of the ways we enjoy being a mom 365 days of the year.” – Unknown
24. “Motherhood is so much simpler when you stop explaining yourself to others and just do what works for you and your family.” – Unknown
25. “My house is filled with toys, has fingerprints on everything, and is never quiet. My hair is usually a mess and I am always tired, but there is always love and laughter. In 20 years, my kids won’t remember the house or my hair, but they will remember the quality time we spent together and the love they felt.” – Unknown
26. “Happiness is when your child comes and hugs you just because.” – Unknown
27. “Whenever you’re feeling hopeless, hug your child. It’s amazing how they remind us our life is always full of love.” – Unknown
28. “Being a mama isn’t always easy. The sleepless nights, the constant worry, the endless piles of washing. But no matter hard it feels, I will always show up for my children. I will always try my best. Because from the very first moment I held them in my arms, I knew my job was to protect and love them with all my might.” – Unknown
29. “I asked God for a life full of love and happiness. He sent it to my family.” – Unknown
30. “No one ever looks back at the end of their life and thinks ‘I spent too much time with my kids.’” – Unknown
31. “Motherhood is amazing. And then it is really hard. And then it is incredible. And then it is everything in between. So, hold onto the good, breathe through the bad, and welcome the wildest and most wonderful ride of your life.” – Unknown
32. “Seeing my child happy is one of the best feelings in the world.” – Unknown
33. “As a parent, we try our best to teach our children all about life, but really they are the ones teaching us what life is all about.” – Unknown
34. “You won’t know it’s the last time until it doesn’t happen again. The last time they ask to be picked up. The last time they need help pouring their drink. The last time they ask to hold your hand or snuggle on the couch. So try to treat each moment as if it’s the last time, because once it stops and you realize those moments are over, they will surely be missed.” – Unknown
35. “No one prepared me for just how much love I would have for my child.” – Unknown
36. “There will never be a day, like a day your baby was born.” – Unknown
37. “Even when my soul is tired, I will always find strength for my children.” – Unknown
38. “Some day you will wake up and your house will be clean, but your babies will be all grown up and on their own. Enjoy the mess and your kids. They are only babies once.” – Unknown
39. “Being a mama isn’t easy, but it is definitely the best job anyone could ever have.” – Unknown
40. “Although the bond between a mother and her child is invisible, it’s stronger than any man-made material in existence.” – Ivana Davies
41. “They won’t remember that you were too tired to cook dinner, or that the laundry was always there, or even that you struggled to lose the baby weight (if at all). What they will remember is the laughter as you play together. Reading together in pillow forts. The warm mama hugs as they drift off to sleep. They will remember that you were there, no matter what. And that sweet mama, is everything.” – Unknown
42. “I think the best part of being a mom is when your little one looks up at you and just smiles and stares because they know you are their person. Like nobody else is as important as you. They know that you have them like nobody else ever will. The connection is indescribable.” – Unknown
43. “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.” – Oscar Wilde
44. “A child’s first teacher is its mother.” – Peng Liyuan
Mother and son love quotes
It may sound silly, but most men often look for women with similar characteristics as their moms.
It’s certainly not the only influence, but a mother is her son’s biggest role model in many ways, which is why it’s important to do your best to maintain a good relationship.
A reminder for all the sons out there is that a lot of effort isn’t asked from them in return.
There’s no need to buy an expensive Mother’s Day gift, all your mamma wants is for you to tell her how much she means to you and to know that she’s the best mother you could ask for.
Here are some bond between mother and child quotes specifically aimed at the mother son relationship, which help showcase just how important this bond was for some more notable people.
1. “Men are what their mothers made them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” – Joseph Stefano
3. “And she loved a little boy very, very much, even more than she loved herself.” – Shel Silverstein
4. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” ― Abraham Lincoln
5. “There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.” – Washington Irving
6. “I have a son, who is my heart. A wonderful young man, daring and loving and strong and kind.” – Maya Angelou
7. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” ― Abraham Lincoln
8. “Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life.” – Sophocles
9. “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” – Irish Proverb
10. “I listen to my mother, and that keeps me out of trouble. I’m a good son.” – Mr. T
11. “A mother is the first love of her son, and a son is the whole world for a mother.” – Unknown
12. “I live for my sons. I would be lost without them.” – Princess Diana
Little drops of a mother’s love
These quotes will help remind you of the power of the bond between mother and son and mother and daughter in a simple sentence or two, in case you want a quick dose of inspiration to keep you going through the day.
They’re the perfect bond between mother and child quotes to either start or end the day with.
1. “Your time with your kids is so precious. Please don’t take it for granted.” – Unknown
2. “Kids don’t need a perfect mama. They need a happy one.” – Unknown
3. “When your child has a hard day, they don’t ask, ‘can we talk?’ instead they ask, ‘will you come play with me?’” – Unknown
4. “I just want to be the best mama I can be.” – Unknown
5. “Nothing in life will ever make you as happy, as sad, as exhausted, or as incredibly proud as motherhood.” – Unknown
6. “You don’t need to win a Nobel prize to be changing the world, you just need to go home and love your family.” – Unknown
7. “I wouldn’t change my children for the world, but I wish I could change the world for my children.” – Unknown
8. “The family you come from is important, but the family you star is your number one priority.” – Unknown
9. “What an honor it is to be a tiny somebody’s everything.” – Unknown
10. “A child is the most beautiful gift this world has to give.” – Unknown
11. “My biggest accomplishment will never be money. It will be who I raised.” – Unknown
12. “Happiness is having a husband who is also an amazing dad.” – Unknown
13. “Having a bond with your child is something money can’t buy.” – Unknown
14. “Nothing in life is more important to me than my family.” – Unknown
15. “Behind every young child who believes in themselves is a mama who believed first.” – Unknown
16. “Your little family is the best team you could ever have.” – Unknown
Bonds between mother and child quotes
Here are some inspiring quotes straight from a mother’s heart to your screen, which manage to capture a mother’s prayers and wishes for her kids, alongside her overwhelming and unconditional love for them.
1. “I don’t want my children to follow in my footsteps. I want them to take the path next to me and go further than I could have ever dreamt possible.” – Unknown
2. “Speak life into your children. Tell them all the incredible things they are and can do. So, when the time comes, they will have what it takes to follow their own path.“ – Unknown
3. “I never want my kids to mess up and think ‘mom is going to kill me.’ I want their first thought to be ‘I need to call my mom.’” – Unknown
4. “My hope is to raise my children so that they love themselves so fiercely that they refuse to settle for anything less than they deserve.” – Unknown
5. “My children don’t even know that I need them more than they need me.” – Unknown
6. “I don’t care if my child is academically gifted. I care if they are the one that plays with the lonely child sitting by themselves.” – Unknown
7. “I go constantly between wanting you to stay my little baby forever, and being excited about all the amazing things you’ll do in this life.” – Unknown
8. “Sometimes the only way to get over the sadness of your kids growing up is to rest in the beauty of the people they are becoming.” – Unknown
9. “I’m going to teach my children to reach for the stars, but I’m going to make sure they know I will love them regardless of where they land.” – Unknown
10. “One day, all your children will have is photos of you. So make sure you are in them. No matter what your hair, makeup, or body looks like…they won’t care. They’ll just want to see you and the love that you have for them.” – Unknown
11. “I will be your biggest fan. I will be your protector. I will always defend you. I will be your teacher. I will be your friend. I will be your confidant. I will always be proud of you. I will love you unconditionally, because forever and always I will be your mama.” – Unknown
12. “I don’t want my children to grow up and think the aim of life is to be rich, to be popular, to be highly educated, or to be perfect. I want them to know life is about being real, being humble, and being kind.” – Unknown
13. “My goal is to raise my children to have the courage to be whoever they want to be.” – Unknown
14. “Teach your kids that being the smartest or the coolest or the something else ‘est’ will only take them so far. But being kind and generous and going out of their way to help others will matter literally in every aspect of their lives for as long as they live.” – Unknown
15. “Do you ever just look at your child and literally feel your heart melting because you love them so much.” – Unknown
16. “A child is going to remember who was there, not what was spent on them. Kids outgrow toys and outfits, but they never outgrow time and love.” – Unknown
17. “Never forget when a child gives you a gift, even if it is a flower they have just picked, in their eyes they are choosing to give you the most precious thing they had to give.” – Unknown
18. “As a mama I’m only ever going to be in 1 of 3 places. In front of my kids cheering them on, behind them to have their back, or beside them so they never have to walk alone.” – Unknown
19. “No matter how old my child gets, I still check in on them while they are sleeping.” – Unknown
To Wrap Up
While all of these bond between mother and child quotes are great bits of advice, never forget to listen to your heart at times either, or your child for that matter.
Not every mother has the same life and not every parent child relationship is as idyllic as it might be in some of these quotes.
You’re unique and your child is as well, so your relationship will also likely need a unique approach.
Let these quotes serve as inspiration so you can tailor your own bond to be the best that it can be.
I hope that some of these have helped you in that endeavor and that they’ll keep aiding you in the future as inspiration.
Until next time, mammas.
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.