Has a loved one recently welcomed a baby into their family? In that case, congratulations are in order!
And is there a better way to show your love and support than through thoughtful new baby wishes?
The best part about new baby wishes is that you can express your love and appreciation to the family without overwhelming them.
Simply write them in a card without bothering the new parents who have a lot on their plate already.
When writing the perfect baby card, take into account how close you are with the parents, and what would be appropriate.
If you are close, you can even let them know to get in touch if they need any help.
I hope you find these wishes and quotes inspiring and that the proud parents love them, too.
Meaningful messages and wishes for a new baby card
Sometimes it can be hard to find the right words to describe the arrival of a new baby.
From inspirational quotes to funny and heartfelt messages, I’ve got you covered for the perfect newborn baby wishes to write in a card.
Baby shower wishes
A baby shower is a great opportunity to shower mom and baby with thoughtful and practical baby gifts, And including a card with your gift is always a welcome gesture.
Here are some ideas of how to congratulate mom and dad on their new baby in a baby shower card.
1. “Thanks for inviting us along to share in the excitement of your soon to be new arrival. Wishing you all the best with babyhood. I’m sure you will be amazing parents! Congrats!”
2. “Here’s to smiles, laughter, patience, and joy. We hope you get a healthy baby girl or boy.”
3. “Soon, your house will be filled with giggles and laughter. My wish to you both is that you thoroughly enjoy the joys of parenthood.”
4. “I am looking forward to meeting the little one and want to remind both of you that I am always here for you.”
5. “Thank you for inviting us to your baby shower celebrations! We can’t wait to see your baby boy/girl.”
6. “He/She will be the little prince/princess of your house, he/she will change your life forever, and you will love him/her with all your heart. Congratulations! We can’t wait to meet your beautiful baby.”
7. “Wishing you both well in these upcoming months. We can’t wait to meet the little one – good luck!”
8. “Once the baby arrives, you will begin to see the world differently. All you will think of is your baby. The new mom phase is a bliss – enjoy it!”
9. “All our best wishes are with you! And we’re happy that you invited us to share this wonderful moment with you. Congrats, new parents – we wish you a lifetime of happiness.”
10. “As you prepare for the sleepless nights, busy days, and endless love, we want to let you know that we are there to support you at every step. Congratulations on becoming a mom!”
11. “What a lucky baby to have you as a mom!”
12. “You are bringing new life into the world. You are creating a miracle. You are becoming a mom. Congratulations and best baby shower wishes!”
13. “Your home will soon be filled with toys and will never be quiet again. Your house will often be a mess, and you’ll frequently be tired. But there will always be love and laughter. All the best and many happy memories.”
14. “A grand adventure is about to begin. Wishing you a safe delivery.”
15. “Sending happy thoughts your way as you prepare to welcome a little someone new to your family. This little miracle will soon make your world more beautiful and happy.”
16. “Hip, hip, hurray! You are both going to make such amazing parents. Congratulations!”
17. “Little hands, little feet, and a little trouble are all on the way. Congratulations!”
18. “Looking forward to being a part of the new journey. I can’t wait to meet your little bundle of joy.”
19. “Good health to the happy parents and best wishes to you on your delivery day.”
20. “What an exciting time for your family! A precious little bundle of joy is on the way. We hope he/she will have your smile and his/her dad’s sense of humor.”
21. “Well, little one, this is your first ever party. May you have many more celebrations and moments of joy.”
22. “I couldn’t be more excited to shower you and your new baby in love today. Congratulations!”
23. “Parenthood is one of the best journeys in life. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.”
24. “I look forward to being a part of this new journey. I can’t wait to help you with your little bundle of joy. Congrats!”
25. “May you and your baby be showered with a lifetime of great happiness and blessings. Happy baby shower!”
26. “May the joy of parenting bring you even closer together. All the best in your pregnancy!”
27. “Enjoy this wonderful and exciting baby shower, because it’s the last party you’ll have for a long time!”
New baby wishes and baby congratulations messages for cards
Crafting the perfect new baby wishes can be a struggle, especially if you’re suffering from a bad case of writer’s block.
Get inspired with some of these wishes and messages to congratulate your loved ones on the arrival of their baby.
28. “Today, you hold the most precious miracle in your arms. Congratulations on your beautiful new baby!”
29. “Welcome to the baby club, a world of sleepless nights, unrelenting days, and endless washing. You’ll love every single minute of it!”
30. “I can’t wait to help you with the baby. If you need anything at all, just give me a call!”
31. “Goodbye tummy! Hello mommy!”
32. “A small baby is able to make lots of noise and get into trouble constantly, but also brings huge joy and pleasure to his/her parents. Enjoy raising your baby and give him/her as much love as is possible. Congratulations!”
33. “Sometimes 1 + 1 = 3. Congratulations on your new baby!”
34. “There is nothing sweeter than a baby’s smile. Nothing cuter than a baby’s laugh. And definitely nothing more ear-piercing than a baby’s cry. But I’m sure you will be able to cope with the downsides, enough to be amazed by the positives of raising a baby. Welcome to the most tiring heaven on earth. It’s called parenthood. Congratulations!”
35. “Congratulations! May God bless, guide, and watch over you, your baby, and your family!”
36. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.”
37. “You’re going to give him/her the best life, and you deserve all the happiness he/she is going to bring you both. So proud of you all.”
38. “The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts. Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby!”
39. “Parenthood is a wild ride full of love, laughter, questions, anxiety, learning, excitement, craziness, hugs, kisses, and so much more. Congratulations on your baby girl / baby boy!”
40. “This is always wonderful news – a new baby! We’re excited for you and truly thankful that your new baby arrived safe and healthy. Praying for joy, peace, and some quiet nights for your family.”
41. “Wishing all the best to you and your teeny-tiny one. Enjoy every minute of this amazing adventure.”
42. “There are two gifts we should give to our children – one is roots, the other is wings. Congratulations on your new arrival – I hope you always find a way to give your child both roots and wings!”
43. “Congratulations on the arrival of your little one! I can’t wait to be part of his/her life and watch him/her grow into the beautiful person I know the two of you will help him/her to become. ”
44. “Welcome baby! Sending lots of love to you, daddy, and especially mommy – we hope she has a quick recovery. Let us know if you need anything at all or if there’s anything we can do.”
45. “A sweet little treasure sent from above, a coo and a smile, wrapped up in love. Congratulations on your new baby!”
46. “Congratulations on your new baby girl/boy! This is such a wonderful time for your family and we hope that babyhood is filled with lots of fun, love, and cuddles. All the best!”
47. “There is nothing like the love a parent has for their child. We know you will be the best parents this baby could ever want.”
48. “For all the joy and smiles they bring, a new child is worth everything. Congratulations on your new arrival.”
New baby boy wishes
49. “Congratulations on the arrival of your little boy! At last, all your wishes have come true. May the little guy be blessed with good health, happiness, and wellbeing throughout his life.”
50. “No moment is more life-changing than when you hold your new baby boy for the first time and you realize he is going to change your life forever! We welcome this new little man into your family with all the dirty handprints and surprises he brings.”
51. “Are you ready to play cowboys and indians for many years to come? Congrats on your newborn baby boy!”
52. “Your baby boy is a gift sent from above, and I cannot think of two more deserving people. May your little man grow up and bring you joy and happiness.”
53. “I am so excited that he is finally here! We prayed and prepared for this day and finally, we can smile in relief because [baby name] is alive and healthy. Hugs and kisses to you all as you start this great journey.”
54. “And so the adventure begins… I can’t think of two people better suited to bring up this amazing baby boy. Congratulations and warmest wishes for the future!”
55. “A son is mommy’s little angel and daddy’s little man. Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy!”
56. “Little boys bring hope and joy into the world, spreading laughter and fun wherever they go. He’s guaranteed to keep you both on your toes! Wishing you all the best on your newest family member.”
New baby girl wishes
57. “Your new daughter makes an adorable addition to an already wonderful family. May her infectious smile make your world seem a little brighter every day.”
58. “Congratulations on the safe and happy arrival of your new baby girl. As new parents, may your hearts be filled with much love and joy raising this little girl. We are excited to watch her transform into the amazing woman that she is sure to be!”
59. “The boss lady has arrived! Can’t wait to see her grow up and take over the house. She will be the apple of your eye.”
60. “Congratulations on the birth of your much-anticipated baby girl. May she grow up with love and a gracious heart. Welcome to the world, little one.”
61. “I’m wishing you the very best on the arrival of your baby girl. She is destined to bring more joy to the family, more laughter, and more happiness to you and everyone around her. Cheers to more blessings and more bliss.”
62. “I’m so excited for you two! Parenthood is hard, but not for someone like you. You were born to be the best parents in the whole world. This little lady is so lucky to have you as role models. Congrats!”
New baby wishes for adoption
63. “It is wonderful to see your dreams coming true with the arrival of the newest addition to your family. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy this special time!”
64. “Your child is truly blessed to have been adopted by parents as loving as you. Congratulations and best wishes to the entire family!”
65. “I am so happy to see your dream come true like this. Congratulations to the proud parents – he/she was worth waiting for!”
66. “Being a mom is like a walk in the park. Jurassic Park that is. Congratulations on your sweet baby and remember that I’m here for you!”
67. “Adoption is an act of true love and selflessness. You’re a truly special couple and deserve so much happiness. Best wishes and huge congratulations!”
68. “I was so happy to hear the wonderful news! Congratulations on doing an amazing thing, changing a child’s life, and giving him/her all the love you have to give.”
69. “The warmth and love of a family is such an amazing thing, and to give it to a child is absolutely wonderful. Best wishes to the proud parents on the new addition to your family!”
New baby wishes for twins and multiples
70. When the blessing of a baby comes in a package of two (or more!) special card messages are in order. Here are some special congratulations messages for parents of multiples.
71. “Raising twins is like going through a mesmerizing hurricane. It will turn your life on its head but you’ll come out smiling with beautiful memories.”
72. “Congratulations on the arrival of your double barrel of fun. You have been twice blessed with your newborn twins. It’s going to be a double dose of fun, laughter, love, and dirty diapers. Enjoy it all!”
73. “Congratulations on the birth of your baby – times two! Yes, you’ll have to change two diapers instead of one. But you’ll have four arms hugging you instead of two.”
74. “Life with twins is definitely going to be a challenge. But I just know your experience is going to be incredible, because you are going to be the most loving, giving, and nurturing parents in the whole world.”
75. “Not all parents have the skills to take care of just one child, let alone three. Life gave you triplets because it knew that there was no one else more capable of raising them but you.”
76. “Triple congratulations are in order! Wishing you all the best for the arrival of your new bundle of joy – times three.”
77. “Get ready for double diaper changes and double trouble. But you will also receive double kisses and double happiness.”
Meaningful quotes to celebrate the little bundle of joy
Add these beautiful new baby quotes to your card to make the new family feel extra special about the arrival of their little baby
78. “A baby is as pure as an angel and as fresh as a blooming flower.” – Debasish Mridha
79. “A baby is God’s opinion that life should go on.” – Carl Sandburg
80. “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” – Tina Brown
81. “We never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves.” – Henry Ward Beecher
82. “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” – Harriette Hartigan
83. “Children reinvent your world for you.” – Susan Sarandon
84. “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
85. “Just like a plant needs light and space to grow, a child needs love and freedom to unfold.” – Sigrid Leo
86. “Anyone who’s looked into a newborn’s innocent eyes should realize how incredible it is to be blessed with a new life.” – John Kennedy
87. “Babies are like little suns that, in a magical way, bring warmth, happiness, and light into our lives.” – Kartini Diapari-Oengider
88. “Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven.” – Henry Ward Beecher
89. “Of all the joys that lighten suffering earth, what joy is welcomed like a newborn child?” – Caroline Norton
90. “You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete.” – George Strait
91. “Babies are always more trouble than you thought – and more wonderful.” – Charles Osgood
92. “Becoming a parent is the moment when all of life’s battles suddenly seem worth fighting for.” – Unknown
93. “Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” – A. A. Milne
94. “When in doubt, choose the kids. There will be plenty of time later to choose work.” – Anna Quindlen
95. “Parenting: Strip it down and what do you really have? A relationship with a unique little person that God entrusted to you, to nurture, love, and raise.” – Matthew L. Jacobson
96. “Babies are such a nice way to start people.” – Don Herold
97. “Ten little fingers, ten perfect toes, fill our hearts with love that overflows.” – Unknown
98. “Until you have a baby, you don’t even realize how much you were missing one.” – Jodi Picoult
99. “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” – Lish McBride
100. “You’ll learn to lower your expectations about what you can accomplish in a day. Some days, it will be all you can do to keep baby safe, warm, and fed. And that will be enough.” – Unknown
Thoughtfully signing off
After you have put together the warmest and sweetest card you could imagine, it’s time to finish it off with a kind closing line. I suggest:
• Hugs and kisses
• All the best
• With love
• Wishing you beautiful times ahead
• All my love
Make sure that the tone of your message is appropriate for the relationship you have with the parents and that the closing line fits too.
The best cards are a perfect combination of new baby wishes and inspirational quotes that make the new mom and dad feel loved and supported by those around them.
Don’t forget to offer your help with anything the new family might need – as someone who has been through this experience twice, I know it’s appreciated!
A baby is truly a little miracle, and these wishes and quotes will help the parents feel proud of their achievement. Until next time!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure or more info.