Your brother gets on your nerves quite often and your sister probably breaks your stuff all the time, but the truth is, you know you can’t live without your siblings.
Sibling is a simple word with a very powerful meaning. It represents a person who is born into the same family, knows you better than anyone, and still loves you.
This special relationship has been described through many beautiful siblings quotes, even though some would argue these words are still not enough to describe the powerful bond between brothers and sisters.
It’s not easy to be a brother or sister, but it’s definitely a great blessing.
To celebrate this special love between siblings, I created a list of adorable, hilarious, and powerful brother and sister quotes.
I am sure you will find a favorite quote about siblings that you can share with your loved ones!
You can also write these siblings quotes on a card to go with a gift for your big bro or sis or your younger siblings!
Short Quotes About Siblings
1. “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” – Marc Brown
2. “A sibling is the lens through which you see your childhood.” – Ann Hood
3. “Help your brother’s boat across, and your own will reach the shore.” – Hindu proverb
4. “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” – Vietnamese proverb
5. “Because of you, I will always have a friend.” – Unknown
6. “When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life.” – Antisthenes
7. “The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other.” – Unknown
8. “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” – George Santayana
9. “But being a brother or a sister (if you are lucky enough) is the role of a lifetime.” – Holly Goldberg Sloan
10. “A good friend knows all of your best stories, a sibling has lived them with you.” – Unknown
11. “Having lots of siblings is like having built-in best friends.” – Kim Kardashian
12. “In the cookies of life, siblings are the chocolate chips.” – Unknown
13. “Brothers and sisters separated by distance joined by love.” – Chuck Danes
14. “It takes two men to make one brother.” – Israel Zangwill
15. “First a brother, then a bother, now a friend.” – Unknown
16. “Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart.” – Unknown
Hilarious Siblings Quotes
1. “The Rule of Sibs: If your sibling gets something you want, you (1) try to take it; (2) break it; or (3) say it’s no good.” – Patricia Fleming
2. “Sibling relationships are complicated. All family relationships are. Look at Hamlet.” – Maurice Saatchi
3. “More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.” – Linda Sunshine
4. “The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose.” – Garrison Keillor
5. “Siblings: your only enemy you can’t live without.” – Unknown
6. “The advantage of growing up with siblings is that you become very good at fractions.” – Robert Brault
7. “The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother – and they’ll settle for a puppy every time.” – Winston Pendelton
Quotes About Sibling Relationships
1. “Siblings are a volume of childhood memories; a nostalgia that cannot be easily deleted.” – Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
2. “Family: the most important thing of all. My siblings may drive me crazy at times but they are my blood. They’re all I’ve known. My family is me. They are my life. Without them, I walk the planet alone.” – Tabitha Suzuma
3. “I have siblings. And there are certain things I know that I can push their buttons. And they know they have certain things where they can push mine.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
4. “I do find the sibling connection endlessly fascinating, as I do all family dynamics. I like how siblings seem to create their own parentless mini-civilization within a family, one that has its own laws, myths, language, humor, its own loyalties and treacheries.” – Jandy Nelson
5. “I may fight with my siblings. But once you lay a finger on them, you’ll be facing me.” – Abby Slater
6. “The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble.” – Clara Ortega
7. “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.” – Jane Austen
8. “Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles we felt sure we had let go of long ago – the baby, the peacekeeper, the caretaker, the avoider… It doesn’t seem to matter how much time has elapsed or how far we’ve traveled.” – Jane Mersky Leder
9. “Siblings know you better than anyone. They may not always admire you, but they’ll always be intensely interested in you.” – Dr. Terri Apter
10. “Siblings will take different paths and life may separate them, but they will forever be bonded by having begun their journey in the same boat.” – Unknown
11. “Our paths may change as life goes along, but the bond between us remains ever strong.” – Unknown
Older Siblings Quotes
1. “I can’t promise to solve all your problems, but I can promise you won’t have to face them alone.” – Unknown
2. “As your brother, I always know that you, my sister, look out for me. And as your younger brother, I also know you will always be older than me.” – Theodore W. Higginsworth
3. “Older siblings… the only people who will pick on you for their own entertainment and beat up anyone else who tries.” – Unknown
4. “Be grateful when your older brothers growl at you, and when they tell you what to do and what not to do. Beautiful, they are just trying to fulfill their duty of protecting you.” – Unknown
5. “That’s the function of big brothers… to help their little sisters when their worlds are collapsing.” – Susan Beth Pfeffer
6. “I’ve been the oldest child since before you were born.” – E.L. Konigsburg
Quotes About Love Between Siblings
1. “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day – that’s the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That’s the only reason I’m OK right now.” – Amaury Nolasco
2. “Blessed is the servant who loves his brother as much when he is sick and useless as when he is well and can be of service to him. And blessed is he who loves his brother as well when he is afar off as when he is by his side, and who would say nothing behind his back he might not, in love, say before his face.” – St Francis of Assisi
3. “Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family, and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being a part of you.” – Carol Ann Albright-Eastman
4. “Back in time, it seemed that having a sister were a tragedy. Instead, it is one of the best presents my parents could have ever given me.” – Sara Anzellotti
5. “I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family. I have a wonderful relationship with my brother and sister; this makes me feel that I know always where I belong.” – Jose Carreras
6. “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.” – Terri Guillemets
7. “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other.” – James Patterson
Quotes About Sibling Rivalry
1. “That’s the best part of having siblings. Half the time, you want to kill each other, but you’d kill for each other, too.” – L.C. Davis
2. “A sister is someone, who loves you from the heart. No matter how much you argue, you cannot be drawn apart.” – Shiv Sharma
3. “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” – Esther M. Friesner
4. “I see a brother and sister, sitting over there together, children fighting over a toy, they just can’t seem to see, their love shining through, with every smile that they bring.” – Valerie Dupont
5. “In many sibling relationships, the rate of conflict can be high, but the fun times in the backyard and the basement more than balance it out.” – Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
6. “I think people that have a brother or sister don’t realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there’s always somebody there, somebody that’s family.” – Trey Parker & Matt Stone
7. “Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.” – Sam Levenson
8. “What causes sibling rivalry? Having more than one kid.” – Tim Allen
9. “There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother… Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.” – Anna Quindlen
10. “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.” – Lemony Snicket
Powerful Quotes About Siblings
1. “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way.” – Pamela Dugdale
2. “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.” – Marian Sandmaier
3. “Like branches on a tree we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one. Each of our lives will always be a special part of the other.” – Unknown
4. “The power of a sibling who knows everything about you, who knows the family you grew up in, who carries half your genes – there’s nothing quite like that.” – Jeffrey Kluger
5. “Siblings are like streetlights along the road, they don’t make distance any shorter but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile.” – Unknown
6. “In some ways, siblings, and especially sisters, are more influential in your childhood than your parents.” – Deborah Tannen
7. “If thy brother wrongs thee, remember not so much his wrong-doing, but more than ever that he is thy brother.” – Epictetus
8. “Power, that’s one thing, but the love of family and of siblings is more important, is more powerful than any other power – at least earthly power, at least earthly power.” – Sander Levin
9. “They say that no matter how old you become when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood.” – Karen White
10. “Whatever you do they will love you; even if they don’t love you they are connected to you till you die. You can be boring and tedious with sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends.” – Deborah Moggach
11. “A sibling represents a person’s past, present, and future.” – John Corey Whaley
12. “What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life – to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” – George Eliot
13. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow, and wise is the counsel of those who love us.” – Benjamin Disraeli
14. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu
15. “If you want to do really important things in life and big things in life, you can’t do anything by yourself. And your best teams are your friends and your siblings.” – Deepak Chopra
Adorable Siblings Quotes
1. “A brother is a friend given by nature.” – Jean Baptiste Legouve
2. “To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident… it is to have a soulmate for life.” – Victoria Secunda
3. “She had recognized him before he could remember himself.” – Vivian Pham
4. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” – Carol Saline
5. “Siblings (n.) A combination of a best friend and a pain in the neck, they might be the most annoying people around you but you still love them endlessly.” – Unknown
6. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” – Amy Li
7. “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.” – Cali Rae Turner
8. “Our roots say we’re siblings, our hearts say we’re friends.” – Unknown
9. “My siblings are my best friends.” – America Ferrera
10. “It was wonderful to grow up with so many siblings. We were all just a year or two apart, and we were always so supportive of each other.” – Joaquin Phoenix
11. “Siblings – the definition that comprises love, strife, competition and forever friends.” – Byron Pulsifer
12. “Your siblings are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were.” – Betsy Cohen
National Siblings Day Quotes
1. “Be nice to your siblings, they’re your best link to your past and the most likely to stay with you in the future.” – Baz Lurhmann
2. “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
3. “Sibling relationships – and 80 percent of Americans have at least one – outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty, and distrust.” – Erica E. Goode
4. “Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” – Lilo & Stitch
5. “Siblings are branches of a tree, some stay close, some go in different directions, they fruit, grow bigger till they die and fall.” – The Omani Shed
6. “Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can.” – Gregory E. Lang
7. “I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters and brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.” – Maya Angelou
8. “Your brother is your alter ego. Your friend and sometimes your hero.” – Maxime Lagace
9. “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships.” – Wes Adamson
10. “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.” – Jeffrey Kluger
Quotes About Siblings Growing Apart
1. “There is so much that is still silent between Jaja and me. Perhaps we will talk more with time, or perhaps we never will be able to say it all, to clothe things in words, things that have long been naked.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; Our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” – Ally Condie
3. “Later the brothers had quarreled, one of those family quarrels we all know with deeply entangled roots, impossible to cure because neither side speaks out clearly, each having much to hide.” – Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
4. “Siblings are supposed to be there for you from cradle to grave. Relationships with them are the most prolific and enduring. Estrangement from siblings is a powerful ache.” – Unknown
5. “People change, feelings change, but that doesn’t mean that the love once shared wasn’t true and real. It simply means that sometimes when people grow, they grow apart.” – Scott Neustadter
6. “Our families are defined by far more than just blood, so sometimes it’s necessary to cut the cord with who came before so that we can find our way to who we need right now.” – E.B. Johnson
7. “Even with the best intentions, growing apart might just be an inevitable part of growing up.” – Megan McCafferty
8. “You are never so a stranger as when you become a stranger.” – Luigina Sgarro
Wrapping It Up
These siblings quotes perfectly describe all stages of the relationship between siblings, from love to rivalry and jealousy between siblings.
However, even though most would say that a sibling relationship represents unconditional love, that’s not always the case.
Unfortunately, brothers and sisters sometimes just drift apart.
Different lifestyles and beliefs can turn brothers and sisters into strangers, but their blood always remains the same.
Spending quality time with family is one of the things that’s usually taken for granted until it’s too late.
We usually start appreciating this precious time when it’s taken away from us.
Even if you sometimes don’t see eye to eye with your sibling, don’t let that ruin your relationship.
They are one of the most important people in your life!
You can share these siblings quotes with your brothers and sisters to show them how much they mean to you and how important your relationship is!
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.