We all love our children equally, but our kids may not feel the same, especially the second born.
While you get ample time to explain to your first child what the new dynamic will be like when their new brother or sister comes along, the second child doesn’t really get the chance.
So, in order to avoid a lengthy discussion, you could instead try some second child quotes to show him your love.
While second child quotes can be a bit hard to come by, it’s still important to find one that’s relevant to your specific situation or come up with one on your own.
Something from the heart that helps you express this love you have for him, which will prove to your child that you consider him an equal to your first baby.
It’s important to find one that’s a genuine second child love quote to show you love him just as much as your first baby boy or baby girl, who made you a parent for the first time.
So, read on to find some wonderful inspirational quotes for new parents, which might even be able to help you capture that magic moment of becoming a parent the second time around.
21 Best Second Child Quotes
While there aren’t too many famous quotes about second-born children, I have managed to find a few I’m sure you’ll like.
Whether you’re looking for something that’ll cheer you up during your second postpartum recovery, or a quote you can share on social media, I’m sure these second baby quotes will be up to the task.
Here’s a collection of some of the most wonderful parenthood and second child quotes:
1. “Everyone has early fiction fantasies, but it wasn’t until my second child Betsy was born that I allowed the urge to write a novel to bubble up.” – Susan Isaacs
2. “I didn’t know I’d ever be able to love my second child like I love my first; she came out, and I was amazed I could love them both equally.” – Brad D. Smith
3. “Maybe that was the answer to good parenting – pretending the first child was the second.” – Emma Straub
4. “Photography has always reminded me of the second child.. trying to prove itself. The fact that it wasn’t really considered an art.. that it was considered a craft.. has trapped almost every serious photographer.” – Richard Avedon
5. “First child eats dirt, you call the doctor. Second child eats dirt, you wonder if you need to feed him lunch.” – Unknown
6. “The greatest thing about having a child is putting yourself second in your own life. It’s a massive gift to be able to say you’re not the most important person to yourself.” – Louis C.K.
7. “Every parent craves for a child, and once their wishes come true, they feel that it’s not possible for them to love anyone more than the first born. But the fact is, after you have the second one, the feeling is, how can I not love the kid?” – Kajol
8. “First baby: Sugar-free, meat-free for the first year. Second baby: First food is bacon dipped in Nutella dropped on the floor by the older sibling.” – Unknown
9. “Nobody tests your psycho-meter more than your second child!” – Unknown
10. “I thought raising a child was the hardest thing I ever did in my life. Until I had two of them!” – Unknown
11. “I feel like the second child feels like they have to do everything faster.” – Tori Spelling
12. “Second child rule, learned from a lifetime of bad luck and trouble: Maintain a little dignity.” – Lee Child
13. “TaskRabbit is really my first baby. So balancing the second child is something I’ve tackled, but I’m really passionate about what I do, and then I’m passionate about coming home and putting my baby to bed.” – Leah Busque
14. “Having your second child, in case you were wondering, is a lot harder than having your first, except for those people who find it easier. I’m afraid I don’t have the latest figures to confirm this.” – Rachel Cusk
15. “You will love them the same, despite your fear. Your heart doesn’t split, it doubles in size.” – Kerry De Roque Guice
16. “The wife ought to have the first child and the husband the second, then there wouldn’t ever be any more.” – Flora Thompson
17. “Two different children, two different experiences, but one love we share.” – Paula Rollo
18. “My well-behaved firstborn gave me the confidence to be a good mom. My wild second kid taught me to not judge other mothers.” – Unknown
19. “To my second born child, please remember every day that I do not love you any less; I never did and I never will. Keep in mind – second or first, it really doesn’t matter; I love you from the depths of my soul; nothing can and will ever change that.” – Unknown
20. “Don’t worry, mom. When new babies come along your love doesn’t get divided… it multiplies!” – Unknown
21. “When your first baby drops her pacifier, you sterilize it. When your second baby drops her pacifier, you tell the dog: ‘Fetch!’” – Bruce Lansky
Second Child Baby Shower Congratulations Messages
If you’re going to a baby shower (or baby sprinkle to be more precise) for a couple who is having their second baby, then you’ll need a special congratulations message to share with the happy couple!
I really enjoyed all the lovely messages my son received after I organized a baby sprinkle for him, and I’ve included a few of them down below.
Congratulating a loved one on a new baby boy or a baby girl will be super easy with this collection of wishes, which you can write down on a card and include as a gift with the box of diapers you already bought.
1. “Your first bundle of joy already arrived with your firstborn. With the arrival of your second child, your family has received tub loads of joy. Congratulations.”
2. “Just when I thought that your life was perfect, it became better. Congratulations on your second baby.”
3. “The concept of motherhood is so deep, that just having a child doesn’t make a woman a mother. But you have been such a loving and caring mom to your firstborn, that you had earned the right to call yourself a mother even before your second child was born. Congratulations.”
4. “Remember how your firstborn took up all your time and became the priority of your life? So don’t worry, it is not possible for the second child to take up any more time. Congratulations.”
5. “You are an amazing human being that your children can look up to as a role model. Your baby is lucky to be born to such a wonderful mom. Congratulations on your second baby boy/girl.”
6. “A second baby means double the cuteness, double the sweetness and double the happiness in your family. Congratulations.”
7. “Here’s to more sleepless nights and baby cuddles! Congratulations on your second baby.”
8. “I officially declare you the strongest woman in the world to be able to tolerate the pains of labor and the sleepless nights that will now ensue for a second time around. Congratulations to the new mommy.”
9. “The beauty of becoming parents again is that you have experience by your side. Congratulations.”
10. “Parenting is a full-time job. Congratulations to you and your husband for snapping up yet another role.”
11. “The love of a newborn baby is pure, innocent, and blissful. Congratulations for being able to experience it for the second time.”
12. “The experience of raising your first child will help you give your second child an even better childhood. Congratulations.”
13. “Your firstborn may not realize this, but with the birth of your second child, he has just been given the best form of friendship, support, and lifelong love anyone can ever have – a sibling. Congratulations to the happy parents.”
14. “As human beings, you both have so many qualities that it would have been impossible for one child to inherit all of them. Now you can pass on some of those qualities to your second bundle of joy. Congratulations.”
15. “In the day and age when children are seen as a responsibility, it is wonderful to see parents embracing parenthood as a blessing. Congratulations for becoming parents again.”
16. “Cupid smiled upon you when you became a couple. The heavens smiled upon you when you got married. Angels blessed you when you became parents for the first time. The gods themselves have showered you with blessings, as you have become parents yet again. Congratulations.”
17. “The best part of having a second child is that no one will try to give you parenting advice because they know you have already done this before. Congratulations.”
18. “Your first child was your first step at becoming a mother and a father. Your second child is the final step on your journey to become a loving family. Congratulations.”
19. “I feel happy that you have given your young daughter a little brother. But I am happier that you have given me an adorable nephew. Congratulations.”
20. “The beauty of giving birth is much realized in hindsight. Ask any old woman how she felt when she gave birth to her child and a beautiful smile will light up her face. Now you have two reasons to keep you smiling for a lifetime. Congratulations.”
21. “The feeling of having your newborn place its head on your chest for the first time as you cuddle its tiny fingers is one of the miracles of life. You are lucky to have experienced it twice. Congratulations.”
22. “Congratulations to the mommy for embracing motherhood and to the daddy for taking on fatherhood yet again.”
23. “A second child is God’s way of saying that you both have been excellent parents to your first newborn. He wanted another baby to be born in the caring arms of parents like you. Congratulations.”
24. “Congratulations for giving your firstborn child the most precious gift ever – a little brother.”
25. “When you both got married, you became a lucky couple. When you had your first child, you became luckier. Now that you have become parents for the second time, you have become the luckiest. Congratulations.”
26. “Congratulations for giving birth for the second time. You are on your way to officially earning a Masters degree in Changing Nappies!”
27. “Congratulations on becoming a mother for the second time and thank you for making me an uncle to another cute toddler.”
28. “If your first child is anything to go by, your second child is going to have the best upbringing ever. Congratulations to the best parents in the world.”
29. “A loving and handsome father, caring and beautiful mother, pretty and bubbly daughter, and now a cute son like no other. Congratulations for becoming the perfect family.”
30. “You already had the cutest child ever and now you have given birth to yet another cute baby. How will you be able to handle this overdose of cuteness?”
31. “Raising kids is tough, but you make it seem so easy. Congratulations on your newborn child.”
32. “Congrats on your second-born. I’m sure both kids will share first place with their parents!”
While second child quotes may be sparse, I’m sure you were able to find one or two that you like.
If you’re feeling anxious about being a mother of two, remember that the bond between a mother and her child transcends logic and reason, and there’s no doubt in my mind that you’ll love your kids equally.
The first year of caring for two kids is bound to be intense, but by the time you wish your little boy or girl “Happy Birthday” for the first time, you’ll feel a lot more confident in your new role.
I hope you enjoyed these second child quotes. Make sure to let me know which one is your favorite!
Until next time, mama!
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.