Babies are truly unique creatures, and almost everything they do is incredibly cute, but watching them sleep is probably the sweetest thing of all and these sleeping baby quotes prove it!
Whether it’s diapering, breastfeeding or play time, every day spent with your little one is a treasure full of nurturing and funny moments, but the most special time of all is watching your overtired baby drift off to sleep.
There is something magical about a babies’ peaceful aura when they’re sleeping and the cute positions they sleep in.
Perhaps your baby sleeps with her mouth open, her hands up, or with her hands on her face. Maybe your baby can’t fall asleep without baby projectors and other soothers, or “the syndrome” of a baby crying in her sleep is something you got used to a long time ago.
By observing their sleeping patterns and watching them while they sleep, you can notice all these things and more! The best thing of all is witnessing how content, protected, and grateful they feel for having such a wonderful parent(s)!
There is an old saying; “sleeping like a baby” and it’s not a coincidence that the best sleep you can have is compared to that of babies.
If you’re a parent you probably already know that getting quality sleep, and some free time, is almost impossible unless your baby is sleeping.
So, once your little one falls asleep, it’s the perfect opportunity to do something for yourself, like reading these sweet and funny sleeping baby quotes and captions, for example!
Of course, crying baby quotes and memes are hilarious, but sleeping baby quotes are just priceless! (and funny as well). Both funny baby sleep quotes and super-cute quotes will certainly make your day. If you don’t believe me, you should see for yourself!
Super-Cute Sleeping Baby Quotes
1. “I wonder what my baby dreams about? It must be magical.” – Unknown
2. “With a butterfly kiss and a ladybug hug, sleep tight, little one, like a bug in a rug.” – Unknown
3. “Babies smile in their sleep because they’re listening to the whispering of angels.” – Unknown
4. “I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I love about you.” – Unknown
5. “You’re my favorite reason to lose sleep.” – Unknown
6. “Here sleeps a (girl/boy) with a head full of magical dreams, a heart full of wonder, and hands that will shape the world.” – Unknown
7. “No one can possess an afternoon of rain beating against the window, or the serenity of a sleeping child, or the magical moment when the waves break on the rocks. It is through such moments that God reveals himself to mankind.” – Paulo Coelho
8. “When my baby is sleeping I remember, she used to sleep inside me.” – Unknown
9. “Sleep, baby, sleep. Thy father’s watching the sheep. Thy mother’s shaking the dreamland tree, and down drops a little dream for thee.” – Elizabeth Prentiss
10. “A little girl is sugar and spice and everything nice- especially when she’s taking a nap.” – Unknown
11. “Sleeping babies are like little blankets – my daughter keeps me nice and warm when snoozing in my arms!” – Maria Jose Ovalle
12. “Babies smell sweeter when they are sleeping.” – Unknown
13. “The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.” – Joe Houldsworth
14. “When my baby is sleeping, that’s when I think ‘Wow, I made that’.” – Maria Jose Ovalle
15. “A sleeping child gives me the impression of a traveler in a very far country.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. “Hold her a little longer, rock her a little more, read her another story, you’ve only read her four. Let her sleep on your shoulder, rejoice in her happy smile. She is only a little girl for such a little while.” – Unknown
17. “The serpent, the king, the tiger, the stinging wasp, the small child, the dog owned by other people, and the fool: these seven ought not to be awakened from sleep.” – Chanakya
18. “Sleep tight, my little one!” – Unknown
19. “Happiness is when you’re singing lullabies as you watch your baby fall asleep.” – Debasish Mridha
20. “Despite having a million things to do, it is very difficult to look away from my sleeping baby. She is like a magnet!” – Maria Jose Ovalle
21. “When she is sleeping and yawns my heart melts.” – Unknown
22. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
Funny Sleeping Baby Quotes
1. “I have a new hobby, it’s called watching my baby sleep.” – Unknown
2. “Every morning when I wake up, my first thought is, ‘When can I come back here?’ It’s the carrot that keeps me motivated. Sometimes going to bed feels like the highlight of my day. Ironically, to my children, bedtime is a punishment that violates their basic rights as human beings.” – Jim Gaffigan
3. “Our baby in particular is, we think, allergic to sleep. We think that she thinks that she’s protecting us from the sleep monsters. She’s like ‘Oh, I gotta keep them up or the sleep monsters will get them’.” – Ryan Reynolds
4. “Sleep when your baby sleeps. Everyone knows this classic tip, but I say why stop there? Scream when your baby screams. Take Benadryl when your baby takes Benadryl. And walk around pantless when your baby walks around pantless.” – Tina Fey
5. “The one advice that I would give just to moms who have a child or a newborn is definitely sleep while the baby sleeps. I’ve heard that so many times. I never realized how true it really is. If you don’t, you’ll be walking around like a zombie.” – Tia Mowry
6. “They eat, they crap, they sleep, and if they’re crying, they need to do one of the three and they’re having trouble doing it. Real simple.” – Matthew McConaughey
7. “That moment when you go to check on your sleeping baby and their eyes ping open so you drop to the floor and roll out of the room like a ninja.” – Unknown
8. “They tell you that at his age, all they do is eat, sleep, and poop. And what I’ve learned is that they can actually do all three at the same time. Who knew?” – Josh Duhamel
9. “The first night your baby sleeps 8 hours straight, you think you’d celebrate. Instead, you will run into their room thinking ‘Oh my god, are they breathing?!’.” – Unknown
10. “A perfect example of minority rule is a baby in the house.” – Milwaukee Journal
11. “‘It’s okay honey, 2 hours of sleep is all I need’, said no mom ever!” – Unknown
12. “Rocking a baby to sleep is actually a lot less like a Johnson and Johnson commercial and a lot more like wrestling a 20 lb bag of snakes.” – Unknown
13. “The bedtime routine for my kids is like this Royal Coronation Jubilee Centennial of rinsing and plaque and dental appliances and the stuffed animal semicircle of emotional support. And I’ve gotta read eight different moron books. You know what my bedtime story was when I was a kid? Darkness!” – Jerry Seinfeld
14. “Sleep is like the unicorn- it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any.” – Dr. Seuss
15. “Why don’t kids understand that their nap is not for them but for us?” – Alyson Hannigan
16. “Everyone should have kids. They are the greatest joy in the world. But they are also terrorists. You’ll realize this as soon as they are born and they start using sleep deprivation to break you.” – Ray Romano
17. “Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds.” – JoJo Jensen
18. “Kids napping…you wake them, you take them! Do not ring the bell.” – Unknown
19. “The cats nestle close to their kittens, the lambs have laid down with the sheep. You’re cozy and warm in your bed, my dear. Please go the f*** to sleep.” – Adam Mansbach
20. “Having children is like living in a frat house- nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” – Ray Romano
21. “Motherhood is an experiment in how long your body can function without adequate sleep or nourishment and fueled only by adrenaline, caffeine, and baby smiles.” – Unknown
22. “A sleeping baby is the new happy hour.” – Unknown
23 .”Watching my son sleep I think, “one day he will snore and keep his wife up.” – Unknown
24. “Don’t ever tell the mother of a newborn that her baby’s smile is just gas.” – Jill Woodhull
25. “It’s funny because everyone says you sleep when baby sleeps or you take a nap when baby takes a nap. That’s true when you have one. When you have two, that is not true.” – Vanessa Lachey
26. “Remember when we had to keep driving just so the baby would sleep?” – Unknown
27. “May your coffee be strong and your baby’s naps long.” – Unknown
28. “You just can’t pull out the gun and blow the TV away anymore ’cause the baby might be sleeping.” – Tre Cool
29. “I’m a walking zombie and I think I’m going to be like that for a while.” – Tiffani Thiessen
30. “I’ve never been a violent person, but if one more person wakes up my baby…” – Unknown
31. “I feel everything more deeply. Every action I take, I think of her first. That’s a big change for me. That – and no sleep!” – Jenna Dewan-Tatum
32. “It turns out that the ‘Cry It Out’ method of baby sleep training, where you ignore that your kid is screaming, crying and turning 40 shades of purple so that she can break herself out of the habit of being spoiled and cuddled to sleep, does more harm – way more – than good.” – Denene Millner
Best Quotes About Sleeping Babies
1. “Having my baby fall asleep in my arms takes away all of my worries and stresses. A sense of complete and total peace comes over me.” – Maria Jose Ovalle
2. “I am your mother. You are my child. I am your quiet place. You are my wild. I am your calm face. You are my giggle. I am your wait. You are my wiggle. I am your dinner. You are my chocolate cake. I am your bedtime. You are my wide awake. I am your lullaby. You are my peek-a-boo. I am your goodnight kiss. You are my I love you.” – Unknown
3. “A day without a nap for a baby is like a cupcake without frosting.” – Unknown
4. “Let them sleep, for when they wake they will move mountains.” – Unknown
5. “The babies are amazing… They begin each day all warm and sleepy, smelling of promise.” – Julia Roberts
6. “There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Little boys should never be put to sleep. They always wake up a day older.” – Peter Pan
8. “A sleeping baby is really good at doing the one thing you don’t get to do anymore.” – Linda Poindexter
9. “My aunt gave me the best advice: Put her to sleep yourself every night. Sing to her and cradle her in your arms and sit by her side – every night. Because one day you won’t be able to.” – Salma Hayek
10. “Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, for babies grow up, we’ve learned to our sorrow, so quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep. I’m rocking my baby, and babies don’t keep.” – Unknown
11. “A sleeping baby is a little slice of heaven.” – Unknown.
12. “And he thinks that if his soul had a form, this is what it would be. A baby sleeping in his arms.” – Neal Shusterman
13. “There are hard days in motherhood. But looking at your sleeping baby reminds you why it’s all worth it.” – Kara Ferwerda
14. “I know I should sleep when she is sleeping, but I can’t take my eyes off her.” – Unknown
15. “There is no joy like that of your baby falling asleep on you.” – Unknown
16. “He stole my sleep, stole my bed, but also my heart.” – Unknown
17. “My heart feels like it is going to burst when I watch my baby sleep.” – Unknown
18. “I’m pretty confident baby dreams fill all the magic in the world.” – Unknown
19. “Kiss your children goodnight, even if they are already asleep.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Timeless ‘Sleeping Like A Baby’ And Sleep Deprivation Quotes For Parents
1. “When you have a baby, sleep is not an option. You can’t sleep. Even on vacation, you wake up at 6:30 am.” – Jimmy Fallon
2. “I don’t want to “sleep like a baby,” I want to sleep like my husband.” – Unknown
3. “People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.” – Leo. J. Burke
4. “I’m sleeping like a baby, too. Every two hours, I wake up, screaming.” – Colin Powell
5. “Some nights I sleep like a baby. Other nights it’s, Oh God, I just came up with a bomb shot.” – Michael Bay
6. “The sleep deprivation after children is so real. I liken it to what it must feel like to walk on the moon and cry the whole time because you had heard that the moon was supposed to be great but in truth it totally sucks.” – Amy Poehler
7. “Sleep? Yes, I have a vague recollection of what that was like.” – Unknown
8. “Like every other mother on the planet, from the moment my first baby entered the house, I stopped getting real sleep. Motherhood means I’m always a little bit awake, a little bit alert at all times. One eye open.” – Shonda Rhimes
9. “I’m a baby. I sleep like a baby – I’m up every two hours. And I think a lot. I worry a lot. I have great nights of no sleep where ideas come.” – Billy Crystal
10. “Like when people say they slept like a baby. Do they mean they slept well? Or do they mean they woke up every ten minutes, screaming?” – Lee Child
11. “It was that sort of sleep in which you wake every hour and think to yourself that you have not been sleeping at all; you can remember dreams that are like reflections, daytime thinking slightly warped.” – Kim Stanley Robinson
12. “Not being able to sleep is terrible. You have the misery of having partied all night… without the satisfaction.” – Lynn Johnston
13. “Mothers are basically part of a scientific experiment to prove that sleep is not a crucial part of human life.” – Unknown
14. “Being a mother means your baby is the one up all night drinking and you get to be hungover the next day.” – Unknown
15. “First thing in the morning, we’re really tired, and we look at each other and we wonder, ‘Are we ever going to get sleep?’ And yet, it doesn’t matter if you don’t get sleep. It’s an honor to take care of them.” – Angelina Jolie
16. “You know you’re a mom when your fantasies are about sleeping.” – Unknown
17. “Parenting is a constant battle between going to bed to catch up on some sleep or staying awake to finally get some alone time.” – Unknown
18. “Friend: Are you getting enough sleep? Me: Sometimes when I sneeze, my eyes close.” –Unknown
19. “I finally got 8 hours of sleep. Took me four days but whatever.” – Unknown
20. “My morning routine includes ten minutes of me sitting on my bed and thinking of how tired I am.” – Unknown
Wrapping It Up
Every time you smile at your newborn baby, kiss her and hug her, your happiness multiplies – that’s just the nature of the mother-child bond!
While pregnancy is a magical experience and there’s nothing quite like feeling your unborn baby kick in your belly, seeing your little one smile in her sleep is a whole another level.
Babies make a home happier and sleeping baby quotes make your day brighter. Enjoy every moment of watching your baby sleep, because Lord knows they grow so fast.
Once your little one grows up and sees his or her sleeping picture with a cute quote as a caption, their heart will melt instantly for having such a thoughtful, caring, and creative mommy and daddy.
P.S. Don’t forget to share these unique sleeping baby quotes with your friends and family to brighten their day, too. Also, you can use these inspirational quotes as a baby shower personalized gift for a new baby boy, baby girl, or a new mom.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure for more info.