Dealing with an unexpected pregnancy is incredibly challenging for anyone who has never been in that position before, which is why I compiled these unplanned pregnancy quotes to help you in your time of need.
This collection of unplanned pregnancy quotes perfectly summarizes the conflicting feelings that arise, especially if you were hoping to become a mother but didn’t expect it to happen so suddenly.
Many couples who had unexpected pregnancies are often hesitant to admit that their child was a “happy surprise”.
They might be worried about others judging them, or believe that others assume they don’t love their child as much as parents who planned on having a baby, which is obviously not true.
Many children born from unexpected pregnancies end up being adopted and becoming part of loving families, which is why I’ve also included several inspirational quotes about adoption as well.
Read on to see my favorite and most empowering unplanned pregnancy quotes.
Unplanned Pregnancy Quotes
If this is your first pregnancy, you might already be feeling scared or confused about what to do next.
You might be excited about the prospect of having a little girl or boy of your own, but also anxious about all the pressures of parenthood.
This collection of unplanned pregnancy quotes will help you navigate any challenging emotions you might be feeling right now.
1. “A woman experiencing an unplanned pregnancy also deserves to experience unplanned joy.” – Patricia Heaton
2. “This can be an amazing beginning for you.” – Unknown
3. “You are pregnant and you are powerful. You are bold and you are beautiful. Go forward in your boldness, in your beauty and in your contentedness.” – Unknown
4. “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain – your life will never be the same.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
5. “The thing that’s nice about unplanned pregnancy is that in the end, you have a baby, a joy of life.” – Unknown
6. “Many of us were the unplanned children of talented, creative women whose lives had been changed by unplanned and unwanted pregnancies.” – bell hooks
7. “Unplanned moments are always better than planned ones.” – Unknown
8. “Coping with my unplanned pregnancy lent me both compassion and perspective. Through all of our experiences in life, there is something to learn.” – Claire Fulmer
9. “Unplanned does not mean unwanted or unloved. It just means life knew what I needed before I even did.” – Unknown
10. “The best decision I ever made was keeping my baby.” – Maya Angelou
11. “A wanted pregnancy as much as a dreaded pregnancy can play differently than all one’s previous imaginings.” – Susie Orbach
Unexpected Pregnancy Quotes
For a lot of parents, an unexpected pregnancy turns out to be a blessing in disguise.
If this is how you feel about your unborn child, take a look at these quotes for some inspiration.
1.“You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment you will ever make.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
2. “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy. I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – Art Williams
3. “I got pregnant at 19 years old. I continued school and graduated as a registered nurse. Don’t ever think an unplanned teen pregnancy can ruin your life. I have my transcripts as proof!” – Unknown
4. “It’s okay not to be perfect. It’s okay to make mistakes. It’s okay to do something that you wish you hadn’t done because if we don’t do those things, we never grow.” – Dawn Stanyon
5. “My life may not be going the way I planned it, but it is going exactly the way God planned it.” – Unknown
6. I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I’ve ended up where I needed to be.” – Douglas Adams
7. “An unplanned baby is a blessing from Heaven, a gift from the angels.” – Unknown
8. “Part of being a parent is rolling with the punches, so consider an unexpected pregnancy the universe’s way of helping you to learn to do that.” – Heather Wittenberg
9. “As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen.” – Winnie the Pooh
Sometimes an unexpected pregnancy will end with the baby being adopted by a loving family who is ready to have children, but are unable to have one of their own.
These quotes perfectly summarize this process and the feelings of the new parents.
1. “Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the call to give love, mercy, and patience.” – Hope for Orphans
2. “Every child deserves a home and love. Period.” – Dave Thomas
3. “Adoption is not a breaking of trust but a keeping of faith… not the abandonment of a baby but an abandonment of self for a baby’s sake.” – Curtis Young
4. “You have given someone the gift of life, and someone else a child to love.” – Unknown
5. “Adoption is the most intentional process on Earth.” – Jody Cantrell Dyer
6. “God knew that it doesn’t matter how your children get to your family. It just matters that they got there.” – Kira Mortenson
7. “There are times when the adoption process is exhausting and painful and makes you want to scream. But…so does childbirth.” – Scott Simon
8. “The world may not change if you adopt a child, but for that child their world will change.” – Unknown
9. “I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two.” – Bob Constantine
10. “A birth mother puts the needs of her child above the wants of her heart.” – Skye Hardwick
Inspirational Pregnancy Quotes
I’d like to finish off this post with a few of my favorite inspirational quotes about pregnancy.
Whether it’s planned or not, pregnancy is a truly transformational experience for every woman.
You change – both inside and out – and so do your priorities.
All of a sudden you’re no longer thinking about just yourself, but also of your baby. It’s a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of joy!
1. “It is the most powerful creation to have life that is growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.” – Beyonce
2. “All pregnant women are warriors. It takes strength just to get up and go to work.” – Camilla Luddington
3. “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.” – Rabindranath Tagore
4. “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.” – Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
5. “Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have.” – Robin Lim
6. “Pregnancy and motherhood are the most beautiful and significantly life-altering events that I have ever experienced.” – Elisabeth Hasselbeck
7. “You never understand life until it grows inside of you.” – Sandra Chami Kassis
8. “Words can not express the joy of new life.” – Hermann Hesse
9. “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown
10. “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” – Carrie Fisher
11. “Feeling fat lasts nine months but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever.” – Unknown
12. “Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes.” – Joyce Armor
13. “A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside… when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.” – Unknown
14. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” – Mary Mason
15. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” – Benjamin Spock
16. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” – Unknown
17. “Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person. Each day is part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted the focus of my life and made me reevaluate my personal and professional goals.” – Holly Madison
18. “With every newborn baby, a little sun rises.” – Irmgard Erath
19. “A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered and the smile that lights on the first born babe and assures it of a mother’s love.” – Thomas Chandler Haliburton
20. “I know my baby is going to be an overachiever. I reached my healthy weight gain limit in the first trimester.” – Unknown
21. “Going into a pregnancy is a really challenging time for a woman, because it’s forever-changing, both mentally and physically.” – Brooke Burke
22. “We can’t understand when we’re pregnant, or when our siblings are expecting, how profound it is to have a shared history with a younger generation: blood, genes, humor. It means we were actually here, on Earth, for a time—like the Egyptians with their pyramids, only with children.” – Anne Lamott
23. “Ten little fingers, ten little toes. With love and grace, our family grows. This precious soul, so sweet and new. This little life, a dream come true.” – Unknown
24. “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.” – Erma Bombeck
25. The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” — Jill Churchill
26. “When I was pregnant, I was so huge and people on the bus would get up for me. That made me feel so precious and valued and valuable. I try to treat everyone like they’re pregnant.” – Mariska Hargitay
27. “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm
28. “Pregnancy can be a time when you take tremendous pleasure in eating, not only because you may enjoy food more but also because you know that it is nourishing both you and your baby.” – Martha Rose and Jane L. Davis
29. “Having a baby is a life-changer. It gives you a whole other perspective on why you wake up every day.” – Taylor Hanson
30. “The amazing thing about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your own first priority.” – Olivia Wilde
For many women, finding out that they are pregnant is joyous news, especially if they’ve been waiting to have a baby for a long time.
But we mustn’t forget about the women for whom pregnancy is a complete surprise.
For some, it’s a happy surprise, especially if they already have a child and can provide for another baby.
Others find it to be a complete shock and have to make a difficult decision regarding their future.
Whichever category you belong to, I hope you found these unplanned pregnancy quotes to be a good source of wisdom.
We love honesty! Find Your Mom Tribe is an Amazon Associate and we earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see our full Amazon Affiliate disclosure for more information.